11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

Eagle Alert!!!! Eagle Alert!!!! The Eagles are on fire right now. We dismantled our side of the bracket. We even still have our ace for tonight's game. We will run rule whoever we play. We are on a mission, no one can stop us now.

The Franklin-Overton game will not be a game. Overton will win and we will be assured a region berth. Franklin is not even on the same level of the other two teams. How in the world did Overton lose last night? Franklin probably won off some fluke play. Franklin can't have any pitching left to match Overton.

Can't wait for tonight.

Admission to Game: $5

Coke and Dog: $ 4

Watching Franklin get trounced and my Eagles when the Championship: Priceless

Anyone else have thoughts on the game?

Alert!!!! Alert!!!!!!!! i mean honestly...you're embarrassing people that go to Indy like me and others. Don't be that guy. no one has any respect for you. I mean give credit to Franklin. They beat us once and they've beat Overton twice. And they almost beat us again. We won by only one run. Just say there should be some good games tonight.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton threw Harton last night, he couldn't throw strikes and they had to take him out early. I don't think Overton has anybody left to pitch tonight. Last night was most definitely not a fluke, Franklin simply out-played, and more importantly out-pitched Overton. There's a fine line between being confident and then being arrogant, annoying, and just plain stupid. You have exceedingly crossed that line. Should be a good couple of games tonight no matter who wins.

Overton has 3 regular starters left...that are a combined 8-2.

Don't totally agree with the comments about Indy having the best hitting and pitching. Interesting finish to the season in this district, but not totally unexpected with Overton and Indy on top. In my opinion, this season has been much more about the quality of coaching (or lack of it) than the talent level in the district. I've watched many games this year and have seen all the teams play at least once. Coach Morrison at Overton should be coaching above this level, always seems to get the best out of his teams even when the talent isn't always there. Coach Moore at Indy will be coaching at a higher level in the near future, young coach that has proven he knows baseball and how to work with and develop players. With the exception of Brentwood, Overton, and Indy (newer school) the other coaching staffs have had too much turnover and a current batch of coaches that don't really understand how to motivate and develop young players. Too many Billy Martin imposters and not enough Joe Torres (if you get my drift). Don't know where the school administrators find most of these "wanna be" coaches, but my guess is that baseball ranks very low on their list of priorities. Too bad Overton is leaving this district next year. It will leave Indy on top for a number of years, with everyone else fighting for 2nd place.

I wouldn't say that Indy will be on top for a number of years. Ravenwood has got a very solid sophomore-junior class and if I had to bet money on it, Ravenwood would beat Indy in years to come.

District 11 AAA final

Independence 7 Overton 6 in 8 innings

Independence carried a 6 to 2 lead into the bottom of the 7th, Overton hit the ball hard and tied the game.

Independence manufactured a run out of a lead off walk, a 2 strike sac bunt, a ground out to advance the runner to 3rd, then a grounder misplayed at third to score the run.

Congratulations to the Eagles !!!!

What a game for the 11-AAA Championship.

Independence gets a 6-1 lead early on a few miscues by the Overton defense. Overton cuts it to 6-2 in the 6th. In the 7th, Overton gets another to make it 6-3 then Cole Patterson hits a bomb to tie the game at 6-6.

In the 8th inning -- Independence gets 1 run and wins it 7-6.

Great game. Congratulations to both teams. They were definitely the top 2 teams in the District and it is fitting that they both move on.

Overton -- regular season District Champions.

Independence -- District Tournament Champions.

Both should represent the District well in Region play next week. May very well match up again next Wednesday.

All I have to say is I TOLD YOU SO.

I called this a couple weeks back. You may think I am crazy but I know what I am talking about. However I believe we did have the right cards dealt to us as we did not see anyone in Overton's top 4 on the mound and we still almost lost. Next week when we play them I think we see Harton. Got to come and play all 7 innings Eagles.