Mount Juliet

Lifetimebear

I was in Morristown and watched every game MJ played. There was no poor sportsmanship that I saw or heard. I too want to hear specifics. I'm waiting...

As for you "lifetimebear," i think you have to have a degree of some sort to be a coach so go back to school and graduate or give it up. Or better yet, apply for the Central job if it's really coming open.

We have played Mt Juliet twice this year and I didn't notice any bad sportsmanship by the players. I think all teams have their ups and downs and some games are played with more emotion than others. I think we all have to remember we are all only human and sometimes we don't always react perfectly in an intense situation. Give the girls a break. I am sure they are working hard and it sounds like there are some pretty high expectations of them. Give them time to grow. Sometimes disappointment is hard to hide (even in adults).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the team that left a 2nd place trophy in the parking lot last year after a tournament? I remember hearing about it, but can't remember who it was. That was bad sportsmanship!

That was the tournament that used to have lots of teams show up and play in it, and this year they couldn't even fill it up. Maybe the word is out on that team and all of their CLASSY fans.

We have played Mt Juliet twice this year and I didn't notice any bad sportsmanship by the players. I think all teams have their ups and downs and some games are played with more emotion than others. I think we all have to remember we are all only human and sometimes we don't always react perfectly in an intense situation. Give the girls a break. I am sure they are working hard and it sounds like there are some pretty high expectations of them. Give them time to grow. Sometimes disappointment is hard to hide (even in adults).

Did I miss something???? Did someone mention the girls? I think it all falls on the leadership of the girls or in this case LACK OF LEADERSHIP!!! I don't think the girls made the decision to leave the trophy in the parking lot at CC last year.. If memory serves me correctly it was one of the players who had to retrieve the trophy at Clarksville tournament this year because the coach did not want to accept the 2nd place trophy... Nobody really mentioned the girls other than the talking smack while slapping hands after the game, and that too my friend could easily be corrected with the right leadership! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Fastpitchdad you need to get your head out of the sand... You can't sugar coat this one, it is what it is. Thank you for the advice I have a degree actually 2 of them, have no desire to teach or coach for that matter, but I do have a desire to see people do things right and that is definitely not happening with this program. As for specifics if you were at the Morristown tournament you don't need specifics... Maybe Central will take you and her both /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tell me "lifetimebear", exactly what did you see in Morristown? Details please.

The MJ program will be fine once it's rid of a few parents who think they know it all and tell their girls what to think instead of letting them think for themselves. I know for a fact there are at least two girls on the team who do not want to play softball anymore but are being pushed by their parents to continue. Are you one of those parents or is your daughter even on the team? Of course if she is and if you really have two degrees (assuming they are more than just kindergarden and 6th grade), then you know the importance of teaching our youth to make good decisions and to think for themselves, right?

Parents need to be supportive and not destructive. That's something else you should have learned in all of that advanced education.

Tell me "lifetimebear", exactly what did you see in Morristown? Details please.

The MJ program will be fine once it's rid of a few parents who think they know it all and tell their girls what to think instead of letting them think for themselves. I know for a fact there are at least two girls on the team who do not want to play softball anymore but are being pushed by their parents to continue. Are you one of those parents or is your daughter even on the team? Of course if she is and if you really have two degrees (assuming they are more than just kindergarden and 6th grade), then you know the importance of teaching our youth to make good decisions and to think for themselves, right?

Parents need to be supportive and not destructive. That's something else you should have learned in all of that advanced education.

Good one Fastpitchdad... Kindergarten not "garden" maybe you should go back to school or invest in some hooked on phonics... The importance of teaching our youth to make good decisions??? You must be kidding, leaving trophies in the parking lot, acting like a kid who just got their popsicle stolen because they came in second is that teaching them to make good decisions?? Acccept the trophy go back and work and get better! Don't leave it in the parking lot or just refuse to accept that's really teaching Class.... Maybe when I go back and get my Phd I will let you tag along with me, if nothing else you might learn how to use spellcheck /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good one Fastpitchdad... Kindergarten not "garden" maybe you should go back to school or invest in some hooked on phonics... The importance of teaching our youth to make good decisions??? You must be kidding, leaving trophies in the parking lot, acting like a kid who just got their popsicle stolen because they came in second is that teaching them to make good decisions?? Acccept the trophy go back and work and get better! Don't leave it in the parking lot or just refuse to accept that's really teaching Class.... Maybe when I go back and get my Phd I will let you tag along with me, if nothing else you might learn how to use spellcheck /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm still waiting to learn what exactly you saw in Morristown... crickets chirping...

What school is it that teaches multiple question marks and exclamations make your statement or question more meaningful? I'm beginning to wonder if you're not really a high school student yourself because that's what my high school kids do.

But to your question, because unlike you I will address your question, it is not a high school coaches responsibility to teach a child sportsmanship. You, the parent, are solely responsible for that. If a coach happens to exhibit poor sportsmanship you can certainly point that out to your child or even talk to the coach about it but sportsmanship is subjective. No two people could agree 100% on what is or is not good/bad sportsmanship. Having said all of that, there is not another coach I would rather my daughters play for than Coach Pedigo. I know you will disagree but we all know you have an agenda. I guess I can't just bite my tongue and ignore you like they can. I'm telling you now that I'm not replying to any more of your rantings, we (or at least I) will have to agree to disagree on this one. But if you are truly a "lifetimebear" then support your coach or shut up because a true fan of the school would do nothing more or less.

btw, I am the self admitted world's worst speller. Sorry you are so offended that I misspelled kindergarten, I hope it didn't tramatize you.

Did I miss something???? Did someone mention the girls? I think it all falls on the leadership of the girls or in this case LACK OF LEADERSHIP!!! I don't think the girls made the decision to leave the trophy in the parking lot at CC last year.. If memory serves me correctly it was one of the players who had to retrieve the trophy at Clarksville tournament this year because the coach did not want to accept the 2nd place trophy... Nobody really mentioned the girls other than the talking smack while slapping hands after the game, and that too my friend could easily be corrected with the right leadership! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Your right Bear....Nothing but a lack of Leadership........I'm suprised to hear that about the trophy situations, just NO excuses for that type of poor sportsmanship from an adult, much less a coach! And it was me talking about all the mouthing after both games while slapping hands, just thought it was uncalled for either game...I know my daughter would not get away with that, but then again , I know she wouldn't be part of that had her team-WC lost both games this year. And of course it wasn't all involved, I know a few fine young ladies on MJ that just would be no part of that behavior either....

I'm still waiting to learn what exactly you saw in Morristown... crickets chirping...

What school is it that teaches multiple question marks and exclamations make your statement or question more meaningful? I'm beginning to wonder if you're not really a high school student yourself because that's what my high school kids do.

But to your question, because unlike you I will address your question, it is not a high school coaches responsibility to teach a child sportsmanship. You, the parent, are solely responsible for that. If a coach happens to exhibit poor sportsmanship you can certainly point that out to your child or even talk to the coach about it but sportsmanship is subjective. No two people could agree 100% on what is or is not good/bad sportsmanship. Having said all of that, there is not another coach I would rather my daughters play for than Coach Pedigo. I know you will disagree but we all know you have an agenda. I guess I can't just bite my tongue and ignore you like they can. I'm telling you now that I'm not replying to any more of your rantings, we (or at least I) will have to agree to disagree on this one. But if you are truly a "lifetimebear" then support your coach or shut up because a true fan of the school would do nothing more or less.

btw, I am the self admitted world's worst speller. Sorry you are so offended that I misspelled kindergarten, I hope it didn't tramatize you.

I disagree, fpdad, it is any coaches continued task to teach good sportsmanship, of course at the high school age kids should be past that in general...of course it started with the parents...don't forget that is the freedom of these boards to agree and disagree in a civil manner, but just speaking from my own experience, several years ago while my daughter was playing travel ball in Dickson, I could not believe the conduct of the parents of the two teams playing each other in the game ahead of us as we waited for the game to complete. They were screaming and yelling at each other, cursing, accusing each other of cheating on the scorebooks, and I actually thought they were going to come to blows. To make matters even more intense, the game went to tiebreaker, and the mouthing continued the whole time. I couldn't believe my ears and eyes! I never forgot that game, and guess I never will..Those same parents, you see, are still at it today and evidently it has bled down to their kids/players...Because the name of those two teams were......The Lady Bears.....and The MJ Diamonds....some things seem to never change.....

FP Dad, there is no sin in being ignorant the sin is in being proud you are ignorant.If ignorant people never talk (or type) then the whole world will never know. I guess the high school coaches job is to run the kids in the ground teach them to act like a fool if they lose, and that grades don't matter during softball season. You did not specifically say that, but its pretty much what you implied. I am starting to think that you are probably the one who served my kids their Happy Meal last night with all the smarts you display. You are a real brilliant one fastpitchdad. By the way that would be "traumatized" if you will let me know where you live I don't mind picking you up on my way to school so we can get you away from those Golden Arches. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks for clarifying that. This post was getting so confusing. When a person agrees to take on the job of head coach they must realize there are a lot of responsibilities and duties that go along with that job. It is not all about teaching softball fundamentals or making split second decisions on base running or calling pitches, etc. There is a lot of emotional and psychological stuff going on and dealing with 20 players on a one on one basis each day and handling parents and school administration and umpires etc. It takes a special person to do this and if they are not doing it for the right reason (love of the girls and love of the game) they need to get out. I am not directing this at any coach, I don't even know the Mt Juliet coach. It is not about coaches, teams, schools or parents getting glory, it is about molding girls into responsible, respectful, successful adults and having fun in the process. So, lets all focus on that. The old saying goes, "It is not whether you win or lose that is important, but how you play the game." I know everyone wants to win, but there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Thanks for clarifying that. This post was getting so confusing. When a person agrees to take on the job of head coach they must realize there are a lot of responsibilities and duties that go along with that job. It is not all about teaching softball fundamentals or making split second decisions on base running or calling pitches, etc. There is a lot of emotional and psychological stuff going on and dealing with 20 players on a one on one basis each day and handling parents and school administration and umpires etc. It takes a special person to do this and if they are not doing it for the right reason (love of the girls and love of the game) they need to get out. I am not directing this at any coach, I don't even know the Mt Juliet coach. It is not about coaches, teams, schools or parents getting glory, it is about molding girls into responsible, respectful, successful adults and having fun in the process. So, lets all focus on that. The old saying goes, "It is not whether you win or lose that is important, but how you play the game." I know everyone wants to win, but there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Trublu, I think you said it all. Thank you!

FP Dad, there is no sin in being ignorant the sin is in being proud you are ignorant.If ignorant people never talk (or type) then the whole world will never know. I guess the high school coaches job is to run the kids in the ground teach them to act like a fool if they lose, and that grades don't matter during softball season. You did not specifically say that, but its pretty much what you implied. I am starting to think that you are probably the one who served my kids their Happy Meal last night with all the smarts you display. You are a real brilliant one fastpitchdad. By the way that would be "traumatized" if you will let me know where you live I don't mind picking you up on my way to school so we can get you away from those Golden Arches. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You missed an apostrophe and forgot to put a space between a couple of your sentences. See how silly it is to point out such stuff?