Crawford Accepts Cleveland Job

letsgo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people go through the process of applying and interviewing for a job and then turn it down once it is offered?

Some do it to see if the offering school is REALLY serious about wanting to be a winner. Some on the other hand do it to push the boosters where they are at to come up with a matching offer.

In this case I think it is the first one if RC turns it down.

Some do it to see if the offering school is REALLY serious about wanting to be a winner. Some on the other hand do it to push the boosters where they are at to come up with a matching offer.

In this case I think it is the first one if RC turns it down.

Due to the Tennessee School Financial Accountability Act of 2008 for Boosters and the additional items tacked on by Williamson County Schools, one of the new rules is Booster clubs cannot pay coaches any additional stipend over their base pay as an coach or assistant coaches (Unless it is a camp and they coaches can only get up to 50% of the take).

If you have been wondering why about the movement of coaches, this has been top on the charts of late. Of course, I cannot say if other counties are enforcing the new rules or not. Williamson County Schools attorney told me as much and several of the state auditors live in Williamson County. They love to do nothing else and audit locally until they get a sniff of some other school system and comments about paying coaches by boosters clubs. At that point, look for them doing an audit of your local county school board while the high school, and booster clubs goes into a tizzy getting their records audited as well. If it is bad enough, the IRS gets called in. The IRS hands out fines and the Tax Exempt status 501 ©(3) is up for possibility of being voided. Read up on the situation up in Kentucky after the IRS got the sniff of non-compliance activity by Booster Clubs.

Audits trouble Bryan Station High School boosters

Due to the Tennessee School Financial Accountability Act of 2008 for Boosters and the additional items tacked on by Williamson County Schools, one of the new rules is Booster clubs cannot pay coaches any additional stipend over their base pay as an coach or assistant coaches (Unless it is a camp and they coaches can only get up to 50% of the take).

If you have been wondering why about the movement of coaches, this has been top on the charts of late. Of course, I cannot say if other counties are enforcing the new rules or not. Williamson County Schools attorney told me as much and several of the state auditors live in Williamson County. They love to do nothing else and audit locally until they get a sniff of some other school system and comments about paying coaches by boosters clubs. At that point, look for them doing an audit of your local county school board while the high school, and booster clubs goes into a tizzy getting their records audited as well. If it is bad enough, the IRS gets called in. The IRS hands out fines and the Tax Exempt status 501 ?©(3) is up for possibility of being voided. Read up on the situation up in Kentucky after the IRS got the sniff of non-compliance activity by Booster Clubs.

Audits trouble Bryan Station High School boosters

yeah they have truely tighten up the reins with booster clubs and there are clear definitions as to what a booster club can or cannot do and this came down with enforcement this year

It is kind of hard to audit cash in a brown paper bag.

It only takes one rat to bring the house of cards down. It only takes one parent getting mad at the coach for not playing his son/daughter to put the program in jeopardy. What idiot coach would do a silly thing?

It only takes one rat to bring the house of cards down. It only takes one parent getting mad at the coach for not playing his son/daughter to put the program in jeopardy. What idiot coach would do a silly thing?

A coach that doesn't have the benefit of teaching/coaching in Williamson County with the big base salary.

To me, this will just make the situation even worse. It is pretty easy to get around, in my opinion. In the old system donors would simply write a check to the QB clubs, and then they would spend the money. Now, they will get around it by asking the boosters to cut a check directly to the coach. IRS rules allow "gifts" up to $11K from individual to individual. I think this could really get out of hand with donors issuing "signing bonuses" etc. This is usually what happens when you have too much regulation....it gets worse.

As we have seem over and over here in Tn this money under the table is just as hard to prove as recruiting. Money talks and bs walks and until it can be PROVED nothing will be done.

Frankly I am over joyed that RC is NOT going to Cleveland and am glad he still lives in the Boro!

Take care of him well in Williamson County or some Rutherford County school WILL lure him home. If nothing else it will eliminate the drive both ways everyday. Saving money on gas is almost as good as money under or over the table.