West Tennessee Golden Circle All-Star Game

thegodfather

The Golden Circle All-Stars have been named for the May 30, 2009 game at Liberty High School. Girls game at 6:00 and boys game to follow

North Boys

Davell Lloyd, Westview; Clint McClain, West Carrol; Ryne Simpson, Union City; BJ Marshall, Union City; Nick Gilliam, Obion County; Lawrence Douglass, Milan; Brady Sheppard, Milan; Tevin Crayton, Humboldt; Rashad Wade, Humboldt; Charles Taylor, Humboldt; Jarvis Porter, Humboldt; Rex Pierce, Dyer County; CJ Crittendon, Dyer County;

South Boys

Derrick Walker, Covington; D'Alvin Brown, Covington; Chris Reeves, Bolivar; Desmond Crisp, Bolivar; Chris Prather, Hardin County; Darrian Pickens, Haywood; Jack Robinson, JCM; Ricky Williams, Liberty Tech; Marlon Dotson, Liberty Tech; Marquis Richardson, Munford; Niko Alston, Ripley; Nick Barbee, Fayette-Ware;

why in the world would you NOT want to play in a game like this? no pressure, just get to play against the best in an exciting atmosphere and have fun.

You'd think most players would play and I don't know why but have a couple reasons I believe he may not be playing..His Dad was a star player for Lake Co during his high school days but I'm not sure Russel is consummed by basketball like a lot of others..I've never seen him at other games in the area like the other Lake Co players..When a team like Union City or Humboldt played or Dyer Co vs.Union City..I'd see most of the Lake Co players there since Union City is a team in our district..a chance for Lake Co to scout Union City and see a great game..Never have seen Russel...Even at Ridgely at the middle school games..See most of the other players but never Russel..Another reason for a lot of of this is could be the economy..Could be that he doesn't have a way to get back and forth to Jackson each day for practice...I was hearing most of the year that Russel was probably going to go to Morehead St but signed with Jackson St. a week or so ago.!

Is this a joke. Who names these players and who deposits the money from tickets sales. This is ridiculous.

Teams are selected by the coaches from the 48 schools in West Tennessee and by media ballot. Each player is given the opprotunity to play against the other top seniors in the West Tennessee area. It is sponsored by small division colleges to showcase talent that might other wise get overlooked during the season. Money goes to local charty (different ones selected each year at random) and host school keeps concession. This is it's 5th year and over 20 scholorships have been awarded since the first game. It's just like the TACA all-star game except this one only showcases local talent at a smaller level.