community 2010

daddy10

Not to mention the crappy job he did of making all-region picks last year.

lm not sure what you mean either. The coaches from each team in the region turn in their nominations, which are then voted on by all the other coaches in the region. Which ever players get the most votes of the nominated players, inturn becomes all region. So you meant to say he must have done a crappy job of picking nominees. l feel lots of coaches leave deserving players off the ballot sometimes. No one coach gets a player automaticly on the all region team. They all are voted on, even the specialty awards.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow its amazing how people view discipline. lf being a jerk is discipling kids then he is a first class jerk. Of the 41 kids that were out for spring practice only 6 quit stating the game wasnt for them. ( thats what spring is for, to see if you want to make a commitment for fall ) One kid was told to leave because of an out burst which involved cursing other players and a coach, which is not allowed by the community coaching staff. This totals 7 kids not being on the team. The other 34 went to the first scrimmage where they did a pretty good job with a new offense and defense having graduated 10 seniors. Where Frost screwed up was having the second week of practice during finals. This was the reason for no purple and gold game. There were about 12 kids who really needed to work on final exams, therfore Frost cancled the purple and gold game. lf the kids dont pass they dont play. With this in mind a purple and gold game with 11 on 11 would be pointless. Oh and winning only comes if the kids make the commitment and buy into the philosophy of the coaching staff along with being self disciplined. Maybe if you understood that you would be out there helping them get better instead of being negative.

wow its amazing how coaches pass the blame(must of been a qb back in the day). you cant blame the last three years on the kids not being committed. you sayin this last bunch of seniors wasn't committed? stallings haynes bennett stevie fridge coppes they were the most committed bunch of kids i've ever seen play but yet ...1-9 ??? explain that one. the last three years and no progress at all. and when did a kid getting hot headed become not allowed by the community coaching staff cause if i recall correctly there was a fight that broke out between two players and i'm pretty sure they was back out there the next day. i'm not sticking up for the kid it was wrong of him but come on punish everyone equally! and if frost is so up tight about academics then why did he get his panties in a wad when a few kids came to him and told him that they had to stay after to bring their grade up the teacher said they couldn't leave the classroom till 5 and frost was aware of that but yet "heads are gonna roll if yall aint out here by 3:30" ha come on dude! congrats on the win with the new O and D tho but still if you ease up on the kids and respect them they'll love and respect you back and they wont quit the less kids that quit the more successful football team you have and you've got to try extra hard to recruit kids in the hall unionville has some big kids and a lot of talent. kids are tired of losing parents are tired of losing. something got to change maybe this O your talking bout will help out some but its mostly attitudes in the atmosphere at community.you cant just blame the kids.

What Coaches have passed the blame? As for coaches, maybe they should hire more quality coaches to help football and all the programs.

Daddy10, you sound like a parent whose kid didn??™t get much playing time (I am sure you didn??™t either when you were in school) and like most parents you think your child is the best. Like most parents and fans I am positive that you are a great sidelines coach. I'm sure you could even give Nick Saban a few tips. Maybe you should talk to frost and ask him if you can be a volunteer assistant since you already have the game plan to turn the program around.

Quantity or quality, quantity of kids don't make a good football program. Quality kids make a good program. By quality, I am not referring to talent. Quality kids are kids that are discipline, committed to the program, go the extra mile, they take care of academics during the year instead of waiting to the last min., they don??™t find reasons to miss practice or workouts, they play and practice thru pain etc. I wil admit their is a difference between being injured and being hurt. As for community parents being tired of losing, give me a break. Rome wasn??™t built in a day. The teams you play in your region have had programs for years. Some of them have had strong programs for years. Name one program that yall have that is just a great program year in and year out. I can't think of one right off hand myself. I admit yal have your years but I wouldn't consider Community a power house in anything yet. You may have some talent but to say you have a lot of talent may be a little farfetched.

Attitudes in the program. I am not sure what the attitudes are but it sounds like maybe your attitude needs to change as well as other parents and community supporters. I am not saying that Frost and the staff are perfect but they are the coach and its a voluntary sport. If the your kids and you as a parents don't like the way it's done, then don't play. When the kids go home to negative parents, they in turn become negative about the program. What parents should do is support their kids, the program, even the coaches and be glad they are a part of something.

If you feel that strongly about the coaching staff, you should man up and confront them one on one instead of bashing them on Coach T. But it??™s easy to do behind someone??™s back. If parents did more discipline with their kids and worried more about the kid??™s academics, coaches would have it a little easier. The old saying actions reflect leadership, well if your kid is the one causing the problem or the one getting discipline just look at it as a reflection of you. The majority of the time, kids are a reflection of their parents.

Spartantraining, it sounds like you have daddy10's number. I have been reading some of his post and I was wondering why he wanted to hide behind a CoachT name and not use his real name. I have seen a lot of other people use their real name on other post when they had that much negative stuff to say. Better yet, he should just go to Frost and talk about it man to man and maybe he could help get things straight.

whats there to set straight i've said what i had to say even though things i said wasn't that pleasant but i got it out. and whats the deal with wanting to know my name. yall aint using yours. and i'll be at the next quarterback club meeting i'll talk to him then even though i'll just be repeating myself. but one thing i expected from you coaches(especially you miller) that yall'd tell me things are getting better and at least guarantee more wins than last year. show some improvement.

whats there to set straight i've said what i had to say even though things i said wasn't that pleasant but i got it out. and whats the deal with wanting to know my name. yall aint using yours. and i'll be at the next quarterback club meeting i'll talk to him then even though i'll just be repeating myself. but one thing i expected from you coaches(especially you miller) that yall'd tell me things are getting better and at least guarantee more wins than last year. show some improvement.

what it sounds like is yall are losing what little talent you had...AND your moving up a division, i wouldnt get to excited. and you need to learn to stop bashing coaches, via internet.

All this is so funny. Rome was not built in a day(Already been said). The way I see it is that this program is an inconvience to some players, parents, and teachers. When everyone gets on the same page, a program will grow. As long as the kids in the community and the parents in the community keep blaming someone else for the problems, it won't. Too many kids are missing practice and having to do extra things like running for various reasons. Things can be rearranged to accomadate the practice schedule. We have always tried to schedule regular visits to doctor in the off season of our child's sport. Now an illness will pop up at an unexpected time, but usually those work out also with very little time away from the sport in question. Parents need to stop making excuses for WHY their child can't or didn't make it to practice. Need a ride, call a coach or even an upper classman with a car. It works, and that helps build the team, when the younger ones spend time with the older ones. When I played we hauled hay, and worked in town but still made it to practice on time and at times did workouts instead of going to movies or dinner. Parents(Families made sacrifices) to play. Today its all about ME not TEAM. Saw a shirt the other day that said "Team ME". Is that what we have gotten too.

The coaching staff at Community is in my opinion doing the best they can with what they have to work with. When everybody starts seeing their kids as what they are, average players and in most times just learning the game at the next level, things will be better for all. Now if you want your kids to be better than average they have to do extra without complaining to the coaches and their parents. Why doesn't anyone try to go above and beyond what is ask of them without expecting special treatment for it. If you the parent complain IN front of your child about the coach, what does that show them? They trust your judgement and then they carry that with them into practice and game time. Your kid not playing, get them to practice, and stay and watch them. Maybe they are the last one one the field, the last one running in drills, putting out very little effort. THAT isn't the coaching staffs fault. Then sometimes you may just have to face it, Little Johnny (not Coach Frost) just isn't up to par. Which isn't bad, some are ok, some are bad, some are good and some are great. But mostly they all can achieve, if they really want to.

And most on here know who I am. Because I do not hide behind screen name I tell most everyone

i agree with sidetrain it is a team sport not a me sport i hope community has a good year.I enjoy watching community play win or lose high school football is where football is at its best young kids playing it for fun .

Daddy10- you want to talk about the community coaches not having respect or love in their hearts? You know me better than anyone else in the purple and gold because you were with me last year. Who was everyones favorite coach in woodbury? Because I cared about the kids. Because I took an approach from a well respected man in woodbury..."care about the kids, and the wins will come later" ~ Coach Bernigner. I went out on a limb for you. I stuck my kneck out. I bent over backwards for you.....And I'd do it all in a heart beat again. All you had to do is man up and say look, I know I messed up and I wasn't used to these rules at CC but ill do my best to change it. Not over the internet , not threw a text message but face to face. I have no hard feelings against you daddy10. I think your a great kid. You just have to learn how to exibt it. You know my number. If you need to talk all you have to do is press send.

As far as the winning goes in Unionville. You all say there isn't much talent there. I'll tell you what......I'd take 11 guys from unionville anyday of the week. They may not be the most amazing athlete to ever walk on a football field. They may not be a rocket scientist when it comes to football. But ill tell you this , they've got a few things that myself as a coach cannot teach. They've got heart....they've got the want to....and they've got the never say die attitude. Ill take Trey Barnes,Jonathon Handy, Lucas Burks, Cody Pierce, Taylor Simpson, Justin Hampton, Ethan Hardin, Chewy, albert.........I take them to war......ill be hand in hand with them in a battle....because i know those 9 young men will fight for me....they'll never say the words i quit....thats what i want in a football team...once they learn that concept...the winning football comes later.

But one thing that needs to be changed within the Unionville community .... One thing everyone needs to do..Is believe!