A/AA District Tournament scores & updates

goldngol8

I think your analysis is spot on pitbull, I was not happy with the middle 30 of the first half, and seymour dominated the possession. i thought the tying goal was coming but we hung in there. The late goal in the first made a huge difference. And after reinforcing some of our game cues, our boys came out much better in the second half. Granted it was with a man up, but that is out of my control. Seymour played hard until the final whistle but it is so hard to cover more space and you have to give something up when you lose a man. Especially one that plays as hard as he does. He was dominating 50/50 balls in the midfield, but his temper got the best of him. I am not happy with some of our challenges in the second half and it seemed the game got more chippy as it went along. I hope my boys show more discipline in the future. I really respect the job Coach Norwood and his staff have done this year. Seymour had soo much to go through that I'm impressed they were able to pull through this season like they have. Most teams would have started making excuses and packing it in. They did neither and that is a testament to the heart and fortitude of the Seymour Squad.

It has been a crazy season no doubt. Our boys played the toughest schedule they have played since I arrived at Seymour. If it could happen and it was bad it happened to us this year. I will say this for my boys though... They faced every challenge head on and never quit, and always gave 100%. Tom and Alcoa's whole team I would like to apologize for the lack of class my player displayed last night. He could have really injured someone badly. Alcoa I think this is your year to make it out of the region and you definitely have the team and the talent to do it. I wish Alcoa the best of luck and good luck to the rest of district 3AAA. We will miss you all next year when we move up to play with the big boys in AAA.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that will make that game interesting. I dont think that Carter will have any problem, but it will make it difficult for both teams.

Actually the field is in decent shape...and we have been able to make this one wider than what we are able to do on the football field. Fans need to bring their folding chairs.

Also, big kudos to Coach Woods, the football coach at Carter. There were no lines or markers on the field inside the track, I sent him the measurments we wanted and he with the help of a couple of football players lined the field yesterday afternoon. Did a great job.

Wow, I am getting old if you have been out of school nine years already!

Let me say that I respect you as our most faithful supporter on these boards and an intelligent and thoughtful representative of Seymour. After calming down I know you would not attack a kid on these boards. Your point is well stated and true, individuals must realize the consequences of their actions, not just on themselves but the team as well. You pointed out what should be learned from the event that proved to be the turning point of the game.

My frustration with a lot of things concerning Seymour Soccer may have been inappropriately directed at you and I apologize. As you may know I am more involved with the players than I am with the team these days. (if that make sense) I hurt for these boys in how the season has unfolded, knowing that these seniors are a very tight group, work very hard and would NEVER quit, I really appreciate them. I have known some of these boys for a long time as my daughter is a senior as well, matter of fact I was not at the game tonight to be at an event with her. So I did not see what happened but having had to drag this kid off the field in previous seasons I know how things can go.

I had just finished talking to some of the boys and I know they were disappointed, but they did not throw anyone under the bus. From what I understand at some point after the game, on their own, away from the coaches, the players got together in a show of unity and support for one another and to emphasize that even though there season is over that they share victory and defeat together as a TEAM. I too am passionate about this team was moved by the solidarity of the players. Your post struck me the wrong way at a time of high emotion and led to that response.

Let us put this behind us and move on.

Again I say good luck to Alcoa, Carter and Gibbs. Whoever shall emerge from the district, I wish the best of luck in Region play.

SS5, thank you and it's already done. I harbor no hard feelings whatsoever. I understand where you're coming from and probably would have done the same thing in your position. I know that I feel it is my job to protect, and stand up for, my students. I can only imagine that as a coach those feelings are multiplied. I also don't blame this young man for the loss. It's an intense game and sometimes things like this happen. It was a very unfortunate play but the correct call was made and the team handled it very well. I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he will chalk this up as an untimely learning experience. Thank you for what you do and have done for the students and soccer at Seymour High School.

I think your analysis is spot on pitbull, I was not happy with the middle 30 of the first half, and seymour dominated the possession. i thought the tying goal was coming but we hung in there. The late goal in the first made a huge difference. And after reinforcing some of our game cues, our boys came out much better in the second half. Granted it was with a man up, but that is out of my control. Seymour played hard until the final whistle but it is so hard to cover more space and you have to give something up when you lose a man. Especially one that plays as hard as he does. He was dominating 50/50 balls in the midfield, but his temper got the best of him. I am not happy with some of our challenges in the second half and it seemed the game got more chippy as it went along. I hope my boys show more discipline in the future. I really respect the job Coach Norwood and his staff have done this year. Seymour had soo much to go through that I'm impressed they were able to pull through this season like they have. Most teams would have started making excuses and packing it in. They did neither and that is a testament to the heart and fortitude of the Seymour Squad.

Must say Alcoa played a game last night. Seymour has to be one of the unluckiest teams when it comes to putting the ball in the goal.

Akula have to say Brodas was such a great sport last night. He was the only player off your team to walk over to the bench and shake the hand of the Seymour sweeper who went out with some kind of injury. Not sure if he knows the sweeper personally, but it showed what kinda of person he really is.

Good luck tomorrow night.

I had just finished talking to some of the boys and I know they were disappointed, but they did not throw anyone under the bus. From what I understand at some point after the game, on their own, away from the coaches, the players got together in a show of unity and support for one another and to emphasize that even though there season is over that they share victory and defeat together as a TEAM. I too am passionate about this team was moved by the solidarity of the players.

In a rush earlier I forgot to respond to this portion of your post. I am very impressed with the character displayed by these young men. It's an excellent testament to what athletics, especially prep athletics, signifies in the lives of those that have participated in some form of fashion. In the grand scheme of things, you can throw out the wins and the losses because when it comes down to it, they mean nothing. It's the brotherhood, the ability to persevere, and the importance of humility that remain with you for a lifetime. While the season may have come to an end, the game for these young men has just begun. The actions mentioned above signify that neither team lost last night, the victories just came in different manners.

In a rush earlier I forgot to respond to this portion of your post. I am very impressed with the character displayed by these young men. It's an excellent testament to what athletics, especially prep athletics, signifies in the lives of those that have participated in some form of fashion. In the grand scheme of things, you can throw out the wins and the losses because when it comes down to it, they mean nothing. It's the brotherhood, the ability to persevere, and the importance of humility that remain with you for a lifetime. While the season may have come to an end, the game for these young men has just begun. The actions mentioned above signify that neither team lost last night, the victories just came in different manners.

YOU ARE ONE OF THE "CHOSEN" NOW!!!! Way to go, PLUS MEMBER! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> (It's about stinkin' time!)

YOU ARE ONE OF THE "CHOSEN" NOW!!!! Way to go, PLUS MEMBER! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> (It's about stinkin' time!)

Should we teach pitbull the secret handshake? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

just a correction # 5 actually scored off of andrew mitchells shot late in the first half and #5 not number six scored the chip in on the keeper

My apologies. I had a tough time reading the numbers on their jerseys. I'll go back and edit the post and give credit where credit is due.

And thanks G and akula. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My apologies. I had a tough time reading the numbers on their jerseys. I'll go back and edit the post and give credit where credit is due.

And thanks G and akula. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

no problem just letting you know there

Actually the field is in decent shape...and we have been able to make this one wider than what we are able to do on the football field. Fans need to bring their folding chairs.

Also, big kudos to Coach Woods, the football coach at Carter. There were no lines or markers on the field inside the track, I sent him the measurments we wanted and he with the help of a couple of football players lined the field yesterday afternoon. Did a great job.

The football coach and players lined the field for the soccer team?!?!? Unbelievable! Wish we had that kind of cooperation or repsect between our two programs (not exactly on the best of terms).