Anderson County Football

Don't forget Davie Gillium. Head coaching experience at Scott high school, OC experience at Pikeville College, former college player, and former AC star. Do believe his teams at Scott have been OK to good, but they have been limited on stars as most outer Knox area schools have been. Well jelled team of average joes.

Word is that he may have been the runner up to Lambert in the last selection. Believe he also wants to come home. With two boys heading to AC soon, I would be happy with him there at the helm.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. There are some good ones there on staff, however. Gary Terry is a fine coach and fine person, but he's also an assistant principal so you'd think he might not be interested, although personally I'd hope he is. TL brought on an OC with a lot of experience, but I'm not sure if he's been a HC. Once again, TL is a fine man and a fine coach. It's a big loss to the program in any number of ways. Probably the biggest way is that he's an excellent mentor to the players wherever he is. If he coaches again at Oneida on any level they'll be very fortunate.

The OC(Coach Ryan) that Tony brought in would make AC a great HC, but they probably want hire an outsider. An yes he doesn't have any HC experience, an in my opinion that shouldn't matter, he just needs to be given the chance at being a HC. He won't disappoint anyone.

The OC(Coach Ryan) that Tony brought in would make AC a great HC, but they probably want hire an outsider. An yes he doesn't have any HC experience, an in my opinion that shouldn't matter, he just needs to be given the chance at being a HC. He want disappoint anyone.

I was just wondering how a coach is supposed to get head coaching experience if no one will hire them as the head coach? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Don't forget Davie Gillium. Head coaching experience at Scott high school, OC experience at Pikeville College, former college player, and former AC star. Do believe his teams at Scott have been OK to good, but they have been limited on stars as most outer Knox area schools have been. Well jelled team of average joes.

Word is that he may have been the runner up to Lambert in the last selection. Believe he also wants to come home. With two boys heading to AC soon, I would be happy with him there at the helm.

I note where you once brought up Randy McKamey as a possibility for HC. Do you think there's any interest there at this point?

I spoke of Randy McKamey before the last selection process, due to his local ties. I never heard his name mentioned before or after the process. Don't know if he even applied. Still have not heard his name mentioned. I know someone who knows him pretty well and he has not mentioned him in relation to the job.

He would be a good one though. Who can argued against what he has done with Grace.

The OC(Coach Ryan) that Tony brought in would make AC a great HC, but they probably want hire an outsider. An yes he doesn't have any HC experience, an in my opinion that shouldn't matter, he just needs to be given the chance at being a HC. He won't disappoint anyone.

.........................NOT!!!!!!!!!!