Anderson County Football

McKamey is a good coach and with Lambert, Oneida would have beat Clinton for sure last year..may be a smaller school, but the players are just as good..

Man it is obvious that you are a fan of a small school. It doesn't mean that your coach can't coach but trust me, I have coached at both levels & there is no comparison. Small schools have really good athletes, but not as many athletes as the larger schools. That is why depth makes a difference. Lambert may be a better coach than Shattuck, but that would be a game where the talent of Clinton would outdo the coaching of Oneida.

Now at a private school where people recruit you can build a small school into a powerhouse that can play with the big boys. Because you go get the athletes you want. Look at Catholic. But, it won't happen at a small public school where you play with what you have.

Ramfan you are living in a fantasy world so I know that you will never be convinced. I've coached at a single A school that had a season much like Oneida had this past year & that team could't have played with some of the 5A teams that I coached on with losing records. Thats just a fact of life. Not to say that it can't happen occassionally that is why they play the games.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it is obvious that you are a fan of a small school. It doesn't mean that your coach can't coach but trust me, I have coached at both levels & there is no comparison. Small schools have really good athletes, but not as many athletes as the larger schools. That is why depth makes a difference. Lambert may be a better coach than Shattuck, but that would be a game where the talent of Clinton would outdo the coaching of Oneida.

Now at a private school where people recruit you can build a small school into a powerhouse that can play with the big boys. Because you go get the athletes you want. Look at Catholic. But, it won't happen at a small public school where you play with what you have.

Ramfan you are living in a fantasy world so I know that you will never be convinced. I've coached at a single A school that had a season much like Oneida had this past year & that team could't have played with some of the 5A teams that I coached on with losing records. Thats just a fact of life. Not to say that it can't happen occassionally that is why they play the games.

is Greg Ryan on staff

McKamey didn't TAKE kids from Clinton, they left because of Shattuck..and don't knock 1A...Onieda was 1A and they could beat Clinton easily last year...give McKamey some credit for being a good coach, that's why kids followed him to Grace and they went on to become Region Champs and went far into the playoffs...

Grace was Region Champs in a region that was way to weak last year(like to see where Grace would've finished in Region 2), and then getting it handed to ya in the second round by a Region Runner-Up in a much tougher region. An going far into the playoffs is not making it to the second round nor is it making it to the quarterfinals to a certain degree(all depends on opponents played to get there).

I know this is a AC thread, sorry bout gettin off bases.

Grace was Region Champs in a region that was way to weak last year(like to see where Grace would've finished in Region 2), and then getting it handed to ya in the second round by a Region Runner-Up in a much tougher region. An going far into the playoffs is not making it to the second round nor is it making it to the quarterfinals to a certain degree(all depends on opponents played to get there).

I know this is a AC thread, sorry bout gettin off bases.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...we were still Region Champs..and well deserved...

The only ones i know for sure were Little and Hester. But those two kids were a big part of Grace's offence. Brandon Davis transferred to Coalfield from Clinton a few years back, and look at what he did for Coalfield.

Little, Hester, Victor McKamey, the lineman Mckamey, one receiver (maybe two ?).

That's one of the reasons i pulled for Grace Christan last season, because of those kids.....i wanted to see them have a great year!

Thank you...that's very classy...These boys also pulled for the Dragons...they are still good friends with a lot of the guys there...no need in anybody saying negative things about any player..

Thank you...that's very classy...These boys also pulled for the Dragons...they are still good friends with a lot of the guys there...no need in anybody saying negative things about any player..

That is correct. What people need to remember is that these kids work hard all year long and deserve more respect from some posters on here.

With a week's worth of Spring Practice under their belts (even though some had to be held in the gym), how is the team looking? Who's stepping up? What's Coach Lambert like? Players on the baseball team started practicing Friday, so they should have a full squad for Monday's scrimmage against West. Let's hear it AC fans. We've got a whole new set of teams to face this year.

People who are not use to winning are funny.... Who would bring up a region championship this past season when you got ran over in playoffs come on. Start a winning tradition like back to back region champs and a trip to Murfreesboro with a little hardware in that trophy case. Then you can get on here and tell us how good you are. Come on Grace realize you are getting better sports programs but are not in that elite level yet in any sports. By the way Grace is always going to have Clinton kids, Oak Ridge kids, Karns kids etc. They have no zone they will get whomever wants to come so lay off all the transfers these kids wanted to go somewhere they could play and I dont blame them who wants to watch from the sidelines?