SCHS-OSHS predictions

bigreid

Posted by OS91:

Again, Smith COunty should pat themselves on the back and take this close victory/upset over the Bobcats and use it to as a stepping stone when they play the more DOMINANT teams of their region like Trousdale County and Portland.

Another backhanded slam on your part. You are right about Portland. They have been the dominant team in all of 3a in the last 3 years. Trousdale did well for their 1st year in 3a and was very dominant in 1a. We should not trash talk either, because we did not beat either last year on their fields. Until we do that, there is nothing bad to say about either. In closing I did not badmouth OS. I did say they would not be able to stop Ward, because I knew they wouldn't. I didn't think OS would be able to run, and they didn't. If that is trashtalking, then so be it. :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Smith County stopped OS as much as OS hurt themselves. The lone score for the Bobcats was a near 40 yard Quarterback keeper by Whalen, while Blank and Hayes did an average amount of damage. The reason Smith County won was because they maximized the OS mistakes and took advantage of defensive weaknesses.

[Edited by BluenRedRaiders on 9-14-02 2:00P]

Posted by fanman:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by OS91:

Smith County will not score 3 touchdowns on OS.. You can take that to the bank.. The defense to too good, its at Home, and OS wins 24-14. It's a long trip back to Carthrage from East Tennessee...

I guess this post wasn't offensive either. We went to the bank and made our withdrawal(21-7). The defense was good, but not good enough...home field didn't matter...it wasn't such a long trip for the ones that went. :D

Shortest 2 hours I've driven in a while. :)

Fan

2 hours????...dang...felt like 5...but then again...I had Twan Jr. and the assistant boys basketball coach with me...

Queenie (I gotta find better traveling companions!) :)

Posted by orangenblack:

Franklin Simpson, KY 43 , Portland 40

Anyone know how good this KY team is?

Trousdale County 37 , Westmoreland 6

Can Smith County compete with Trousdale this year?

Just going by comparative scores of other teams Franklin-Simpson has played, they don't appear to be that good.

They are usually a very good team, though.

I don't know if we can beat Trousdale or not. They have a very good team, with 2 of the best players in 3a(Satterfield and Harper). We'll cross that bridge when we get there. We do have to be a little more 2 dimensional to beat them, I think. They are the most opportunistic team I have ever seen. They find a way to win games they shouldn't.

(at Portland last year is an example)

We have a tough 4-3a regional game this week at undefeated Macon County. Their head coach has a son on our team and used to be our head coach, and also one of our assistants left right before the season to go to Macon. It should be interesting.

[Edited by Antwan on 9-14-02 3:37P]

You guys are silly. The post you copied and pasted ( kind of suprised you know who to do that) was from the 4th page and after countless posts that degraded OS, its schedule, and its win last year. You guys clearly set the tone and I gratefuly accepted the challenge. As I have said, SMith COunty has an excellent team and played againt a very good Bobcat football team and won 21-7. There was no domination, but if you feel it necessary to continue this talk on an "alleged" domination, then so beit, obviously you feel an inferiority complex of some sort to call a game that wasn't decided until the final 3 minutes- domination. Oh well, I guess anything that will make you think you are getting closer to the Trousdale Counties and Portlands ... And if you want to continue posting such ridiculous posts, there is alot more ammo where this came from.. I just hope you can keep pace.

I don't know if we can beat Trousdale or not. They have a very good team, with 2 of the best players in 3a(Satterfield and Harper). We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

SNIP

We have a tough 4-3a regional game this week at undefeated Macon County.

Is this Harper kid related to the Harper that played for Trousdale County about 10 yrs ago? I think his name was Duane. Didn't he go on to play DB for UT Martin?

I remember a Reggie Harper who played for UT in the late 1970's. While at Hartsville Nuke Plant, I worked with his aunt, Roberta Harper.

Isn't Bugtussle in Macon County?

Posted by orangenblack:
I don't know if we can beat Trousdale or not. They have a very good team, with 2 of the best players in 3a(Satterfield and Harper). We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

SNIP

We have a tough 4-3a regional game this week at undefeated Macon County.

Is this Harper kid related to the Harper that played for Trousdale County about 10 yrs ago? Didn't he go on to play DB for UT Martin? They came and destoyed Coalfield in the 3rd round of the playoffs. They brought more fans than I'd ever seen any other visitng team, ever. I remember a Reggie Harper who played for UT in the late 1970's. While at Hartsville Nuke Plant, I worked with his aunt, Roberta Harper.

Isn't Bugtussle in Macon County?

Posted by OS91:

You guys are silly. The post you copied and pasted ( kind of suprised you know who to do that) was from the 4th page and after countless posts that degraded OS, its schedule, and its win last year. You guys clearly set the tone and I gratefuly accepted the challenge. As I have said, SMith COunty has an excellent team and played againt a very good Bobcat football team and won 21-7. There was no domination, but if you feel it necessary to continue this talk on an "alleged" domination, then so beit, obviously you feel an inferiority complex of some sort to call a game that wasn't decided until the final 3 minutes- domination. Oh well, I guess anything that will make you think you are getting closer to the Trousdale Counties and Portlands ... And if you want to continue posting such ridiculous posts, there is alot more ammo where this came from.. I just hope you can keep pace.

swamp, do our light work for us. SC has held up its end of the bargain. It's time for you to talk to these fine fans. Gordansville has passed the torch. OS is the new MECCA of high school football, at least in OS91's eyes. As a whole, I have enjoyed conversing with OS fans. Every town has one fan who makes them hated. Yours is OS91! Fan and imallin like trash talking more than me. Gee fan, is OS 91 from the volman16 school of trash talking? It wouldn't matter if his team got beat unmercifly, he would still trash talk. Kind of like fan, don't you think? :D

OS91's new battle cry...WAIT TILL LAST YEAR!!! And yea Twan..I like to talk some smack. Of course I have many delicious recipes for crow. You have to come up with something when you have to eat it alot...kinda like OS91. Except he refuses to eat his...just sits there looking all puffy eyed... :D

Fan(If I have offended any REAL OS fans I apologize..if I have offended OS91...GREAT!!!)

Its funny actually at this point, all the accusations of trash talking were only in response to you. Look on page 2 and 3.. It clearly shows that. Trying to gain sympathy with other posters by twisting the obvious is a a true sing of desperation. Be assured, I have never been into an arugment on this board in the 2 years I have posted to this degree. So in this "desperate childish schoolyard act" to aleinate my posts as something they aren't is pretty funny and simple. Rest assured it ends here, this is becoming redundant and useless. AS you stated, you will always run into obnoxious posters who "hype" their team up and can't handle someone that questions this "hype" Maybe I was guilty of it a bit, but only playing the cards that were layed down and I think that ruffled your feathers just a bit. My apologies for bothering you to that degree. As I said last post on this and if you want the last word- the floor is yours.

For the 5th time since the game and last time, Congratulations to Smith County on a well deserved win.

Ahhh.........submission. I like it. I've eaten my share of crow too. It just feels pretty darn good to not have to this week. Maybe next? Who knows? I had a wonderful time last week and Friday night doing one of my favorite things. High scholl football has no substitue. Thanks to OSHS for having a good setting for it as well as a fine team. In my not so humble opinion, everyone needs to eat a good crow dish every now and again. On to Macon Co. Could be interesting. :D