Lookout Valley / Grace score?

Stones34

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time Umpires called a Forfiet, Nobody let Lookout Valley Players , Fans, News Media & Umpires know. Sorry!

Where were LV's coaches? We were told that LV's coaches had called and told our coach that we could take an extra day since the viewing was last night and the funeral of the Grace student is at 10:00 this morning. I'm not sure why there are scores of games that were not even played being announced on TV and elsewhere. Grace was appreciative of the coaches offer and we accepted. Grace is suppose to be at LV at 6:00 tonight to play he game.

I'm not sure why everyone else was not informed of this matter.

Where were LV's coaches? We were told that LV's coaches had called and told our coach that we could take an extra day since the viewing was last night and the funeral of the Grace student is at 10:00 this morning. I'm not sure why there are scores of games that were not even played being announced on TV and elsewhere. Grace was appreciative of the coaches offer and we accepted. Grace is suppose to be at LV at 6:00 tonight to play he game.

I don't think they were told on there end by the higher up dealing with the situation and possible date change. If their coach didn't know then he was not told by the person in charge of the change. As far as fans from Grace, they must have been alumni that read in the paper cuz most already knew it had been changed to Tuesday. Its a crazy situation and very unfortunate, especially with the preparations LV goes through to be great hosts of a home game, but I think this is one that again needs to be put to rest.

On Sunday at 3PM, Coach told Grace he would change game time to whatever time needed but didn't want to change dates. At that time he was told 6pm on Monday. When you get to the game ask him. This was all a little problem in a big world. Prayers for the Gill Family and the other kids in the wreck. How are the other two doing?

On Sunday at 3PM, Coach told Grace he would change game time to whatever time needed but didn't want to change dates. At that time he was told 6pm on Monday. When you get to the game ask him. This was all a little problem in a big world. Prayers for the Gill Family and the other kids in the wreck. How are the other two doing?

Old Pirate says Good Luck to both teams, but OP's favorite is them ther Jackets! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thoughts and prayers go out to the Grace supporters, family and friends of the kids in the wreck!

Talked to Coach Dinger as LV players, fans, umpires, media, and even Grace Academy fans were waiting for the Eagles to show up and he said he had talked to the Grace coach the day before and the game was to be played on Monday evening at 6pm. I believe Grace sgould have handled the situation better and not left LV to sit and wonder for a few hours. I also think that Grace should have to pay the umpire AND pay LV back any lost revenue.

Talked to Coach Dinger as LV players, fans, umpires, media, and even Grace Academy fans were waiting for the Eagles to show up and he said he had talked to the Grace coach the day before and the game was to be played on Monday evening at 6pm. I believe Grace sgould have handled the situation better and not left LV to sit and wonder for a few hours. I also think that Grace should have to pay the umpire AND pay LV back any lost revenue.

That is incorrect. When the coach's talked there was nothing said about the actual day they were playing. According to Grace they were told earlier that weekend that LV AD agreed to play Tuesday and heard nothing else. When the two coaches talked each coach assumed the other knew the day and neither mentioned the day. The only thing that was mentioned was the time of the game. It was mostly handled at the AD level and as far as everyone knew at Grace it had been changed and we were not told otherwise by anyone at LV. Again, this is a very strange, weird, rare situation and neither school needs to be pointing fingers because there is bigger things than baseball and one of those bigger things was the incident last Friday. They are both playing and as far as I know Grace is covering umps for this game. Good luck to both and like I said if LV is the one that moves on they are still the team I'm rooting for...until then GO GRACE!