FRANKLIN CO BASEBALL

98Vol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true. Supposely, the Bored of Education (yes i know how i spelled it) decided to trim some money from extended contracts of coaches and Phil might just be the first of several who step down. No summer money for coaches who spend ENDLESS hours with their summer programs. I know that some yahoos will say that the coaches SHOULD do it for the love of the kids. BOTTOM LINE: Krogers and Walmart doesnt accept love of somethinhg as a substitute for cash, check or credit.

Cunningham and crew think they have all the answers and they dont even know the questions.

So for FC parents of athletes, your kids are getting sold down the river.

i dont know why this is a surprise. in williamson county, one of the wealthiest counties in the state and country, they have never paid coaches any thing for the summer work they do. you get pre-set supplement at the end of your season and that is it no matter how much you work in your off season.

Coach King has had one losing season in the years he has been at FCHS, and yet, throughout the season, he had one board member who constantly searched for a reason to get him removed. The pressure to win is probably no different here from any other county but it doesn't help when those who are supposed to be supporting you are plotting against you.

I am speaking as a friend and a colleague when I say Coach King did a great job with a VERY young team. Most of the starters were underclassman and the future looks bright at FCHS in the baseball program. LOOK at the teams that were at the top of the district this season and see what their records were last year. Things will improve next year!

Coach King stepped down to spend more time with his wife and children and I wish him all the best! Good luck coach with whatever is next for you!

One of the school board members reportedly made the comment that he wanted to go out and recruit some of the "Top coaches" from around the state. Well... what do you think Morris Rogers did?

The one thing we have going for us in FC is the athletic facilities... they are SECOND TO NONE! However, professional coaches expect to be treated fairly and the word does get around. If you want to know how to recruit top coaches to come to Franklin County ask the former Director of Schools and A.D. Then call some of the A.D.'s in the other counties and ask them what they do to draw coaching talent to their programs. You can say what you want about the former DOS and County A.D. Lord knows they aren't perfect, but who is? They knew how to develop athletic programs and they knew how to treat coaches like professionals! THEY WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!

Coaches have a lot on their plate these days... they have to be the "perfect teacher," they have to be the school disciplinarians, they have to help "father" those boys who don't have that kind of male influence at home, they have to be great tacticians in their sport, they have to be masters of the paper trail, they have to know how to get along with parents, faculty, the media, and LORD KNOWS they can't have a home life because coaching is a year round occupation! Coaches have to paint the field, cut the grass, and do all the things that are required to prepare the fields for game day... and they aren't supposed to complain when the price of gas goes up and they aren't compensated for all their efforts outside of the scope of their sporting season. Let us hope that in the future ALL school systems will better compensate coaches for their efforts and learn from those who get it right. Dr. Edmunds and Coach Rogers understood this fundamental aspect of professionalism! Whatever it was they may have done to find displeasure with those at the top... this wasn't it!

Good luck to Coach Morris Rogers, Dr. Charles Edmunds, Coach Phillip King, and Coach John Wild! You guys did it the right way and we salute you for your professionalism in the area of athletics in education!

Well said ELA. I hope you dont get disheartening, you've done a great job in the short time you've been there.

The county had a top notch overall program at Franklin County and Huntland this past year but now some have and will leave.

Its a shame to be unappreciated, underpaid and unwanted.

The BORED has some members with hidden (now being seen) agendas for revenge when they were elected and the ONLY ones that will suffer will be the kids of Franklin County.

Maybe the PEOPLE of Franklin County will see through this crap and DEMAND the BORED to conduct business that is SOUND and in the best interest of all and not just their little darlings.

FYI, Charles Edmunds and Morris Rogers were two of the best people I ever worked for. They were insightful and experienced, always looking for the fututre of FC and thr children, all the children of FC. They did a great job and they WERE done wrong.

Nice first post there bud. Do you want the job and if so are you top-notch? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nice first post there bud. Do you want the job and if so are you top-notch? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't coach. Just a curious father wondering who might be the next guy. I read these posts all the time. Just choose not to air negative feelings out on internet. However, I am interested to know who is applying and wants this job because it has an effect on my son and this community.

Coach King has had one losing season in the years he has been at FCHS, and yet, throughout the season, he had one board member who constantly searched for a reason to get him removed. The pressure to win is probably no different here from any other county but it doesn't help when those who are supposed to be supporting you are plotting against you.

I am speaking as a friend and a colleague when I say Coach King did a great job with a VERY young team. Most of the starters were underclassman and the future looks bright at FCHS in the baseball program. LOOK at the teams that were at the top of the district this season and see what their records were last year. Things will improve next year!

Coach King stepped down to spend more time with his wife and children and I wish him all the best! Good luck coach with whatever is next for you!

One of the school board members reportedly made the comment that he wanted to go out and recruit some of the "Top coaches" from around the state. Well... what do you think Morris Rogers did?

The one thing we have going for us in FC is the athletic facilities... they are SECOND TO NONE! However, professional coaches expect to be treated fairly and the word does get around. If you want to know how to recruit top coaches to come to Franklin County ask the former Director of Schools and A.D. Then call some of the A.D.'s in the other counties and ask them what they do to draw coaching talent to their programs. You can say what you want about the former DOS and County A.D. Lord knows they aren't perfect, but who is? They knew how to develop athletic programs and they knew how to treat coaches like professionals! THEY WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!

Coaches have a lot on their plate these days... they have to be the "perfect teacher," they have to be the school disciplinarians, they have to help "father" those boys who don't have that kind of male influence at home, they have to be great tacticians in their sport, they have to be masters of the paper trail, they have to know how to get along with parents, faculty, the media, and LORD KNOWS they can't have a home life because coaching is a year round occupation! Coaches have to paint the field, cut the grass, and do all the things that are required to prepare the fields for game day... and they aren't supposed to complain when the price of gas goes up and they aren't compensated for all their efforts outside of the scope of their sporting season. Let us hope that in the future ALL school systems will better compensate coaches for their efforts and learn from those who get it right. Dr. Edmunds and Coach Rogers understood this fundamental aspect of professionalism! Whatever it was they may have done to find displeasure with those at the top... this wasn't it!

Good luck to Coach Morris Rogers, Dr. Charles Edmunds, Coach Phillip King, and Coach John Wild! You guys did it the right way and we salute you for your professionalism in the area of athletics in education!

He might have had only one losing season overall, but I heard that he was less than .500 in the district for his entire career at FCHS.