TCA wins.............

FridayMainEvent

SOJO jealous run's high when you are cheering or playing for the best team in the state, and being a private school at that, hold your head high, and don't worry about trying to explain why your school beat someone so bad. Most want understand.

Good post "FISHHUNT" Your right, I believe an SEC football coach once said " If they don't want to get beat so bad they should put a better team on the feild" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......... They took a lot of pastings by some of these teams that they play now. I would sit in the back seat and hear how upset my sister was when her team would killed. ......................

THAT is exactly my point!!! No risk of injury when a base runner leaves a base too early. It is a dead ball out. That is all I'm saying. This was a region semi-final game that girls worked their butts off to get to and there was no need (in my opinion) of rubbing their face in it. It was the last game of some of the girls??™ careers in high school. Not a good memory to carry with you. I don't agree with ANYBODY beating a team in softball by 20 runs, but last game of the season is tough on those girls ending their careers like that.

Last time I checked, this is a message board were opinions can be voiced. I stated my opinion, you rebutted. No need to get ugly about it.

THAT is exactly my point!!! No risk of injury when a base runner leaves a base too early. It is a dead ball out. That is all I'm saying. This was a region semi-final game that girls worked their butts off to get to and there was no need (in my opinion) of rubbing their face in it. It was the last game of some of the girls??™ careers in high school. Not a good memory to carry with you. I don't agree with ANYBODY beating a team in softball by 20 runs, but last game of the season is tough on those girls ending their careers like that.

Last time I checked, this is a message board were opinions can be voiced. I stated my opinion, you rebutted. No need to get ugly about it.

I'm trying to figure out how "leaving a base early" is not "rubbing their face in it". Didn't that used to happen in 10U rec league? These girls are in HIGH SCHOOL! Sub in other girls, don't steal or take extra bases, etc. How do you tell a girl NOT to hit?

Was not at the game, but I know TCA well enough to know that they probably did everything they could to NOT run up the score. I am sure the other team did not make any errors.................. I would like to know how many of the runs were unearned.

As a coach, I agree with you, Cascade. I have been on both ends of the beating stick and either way it is not a fun game in which to be. There were a few games that we won by between 10 and 15 runs and once we were ten runs ahead we had a signal to leave the base early. I would never ask my players to strike out or do something to affect their stats (which don't really matter to me anyway) but I did stop stealing bases, I didn't send runners on passed balls, I didn't take an extra base on a hit, and I had my girls leave the base early after a hit. I also let the umpires know what I was doing (discretely) so that the call would be made. I agree, ending your softball CAREER being embarrassed like that is not necessary. But, I also know Trinity's players and coaches from the past three years in the state tournament, and they are a classy bunch of players, coaches, and fans, so if the score was 22-0 I don't feel that Trinity was running a team into the ground... Our season ended last year on a KILLING by Cornersville (who put us out of state 13-1) and it STILL makes me upset, but they didn't run us into the ground, we played badly and didn't hit so what can you do....

I'm trying to figure out how "leaving a base early" is not "rubbing their face in it". Didn't that used to happen in 10U rec league? These girls are in HIGH SCHOOL! Sub in other girls, don't steal or take extra bases, etc. How do you tell a girl NOT to hit?

Was not at the game, but I know TCA well enough to know that they probably did everything they could to NOT run up the score. I am sure the other team did not make any errors.................. I would like to know how many of the runs were unearned.

"Birdman" it sounds like the O'le middle school coach is trying to get the pot all stirred up! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You did voice your opinion, and I stated that your opinion is wrong. There was no reason for your post other than trying to point out that Trinity did something bad and ran somebody down. Yet again, where was your post when Forrest beat MTCS 25-0? Or what about mentioning Houston's score? You WEREN'T there; you have no idea about what happened, so you just make yourself look petty and foolish.

As a coach, I agree with you, Cascade. I have been on both ends of the beating stick and either way it is not a fun game in which to be. There were a few games that we won by between 10 and 15 runs and once we were ten runs ahead we had a signal to leave the base early. I would never ask my players to strike out or do something to affect their stats (which don't really matter to me anyway) but I did stop stealing bases, I didn't send runners on passed balls, I didn't take an extra base on a hit, and I had my girls leave the base early after a hit. I also let the umpires know what I was doing (discretely) so that the call would be made. I agree, ending your softball CAREER begin embarrassed like that is not necessary. But, I also know Trinity's players and coaches from the past three years in the state tournament, and they are a classy bunch of players, coaches, and fans, so if the score was 22-0 I don't feel that Trinity was running a team into the ground... Our season ended last year on a KILLING by Cornersville (who put us out of state 13-1) and it STILL makes me upset, but they didn't run us into the ground, we played badly and didn't hit so what can you do....

Thanks Coach for your input. I have a great deal of respect for you and your program. It sounds to me like we have very similar coaching styles. I do the exact same thing in the situation you described. I also discretely alert the field ump of our intentions and do it in a not so obvious manner as to not alert your less informed fans that we are indeed trying to be sportsman-like without embarrassing anyone. I appreciate coaches like yourself who do realize the lasting effects this has on young kids. Sorry that certain posters view this as a blast on their school rather than a plea to use better judgement. I didn't even see the Forrest score earlier but don't agree with it either if that was the case. I'm only voicing my displeasure this time because it ended a career for some young ladies. The Houston game she is referring to falls in the category also. I only noticed the 20 plus points on the scoreboard because that jumped out at me. I don't know her school (TCA), students, or coaches. She has an obvious chip on her shoulder by calling by "petty and foolish", but if that makes her feel better, then so be it.

Cascade, I have no chip. What was your reason for this post anyway? And again why haven't you been on here making other posts about the subject before now. BTW, that 25-0 was probably the last district game MTCS played before tournaments. I'm sure that was a real good memory as well, huh?

You're right you don't know the team, school, or the game that took place. There have been worse margins than that this year, but you just happened to look this time and decide for yourself that Trinity was being bad sports. Then, you decide to post it to make them look bad by saying that some coaches realize the lasting effects this has on players, as if others don't.

You said they were running them into the ground; I'm here to tell you that wasn't the case. Let's leave it at that.

Thanks Coach for your input. I have a great deal of respect for you and your program. It sounds to me like we have very similar coaching styles. I do the exact same thing in the situation you described. I also discretely alert the field ump of our intentions and do it in a not so obvious manner as to not alert your less informed fans that we are indeed trying to be sportsman-like without embarrassing anyone. I appreciate coaches like yourself who do realize the lasting effects this has on young kids. Sorry that certain posters view this as a blast on their school rather than a plea to use better judgement. I didn't even see the Forrest score earlier but don't agree with it either if that was the case. I'm only voicing my displeasure this time because it ended a career for some young ladies. The Houston game she is referring to falls in the category also. I only noticed the 20 plus points on the scoreboard because that jumped out at me. I don't know her school (TCA), students, or coaches. She has an obvious chip on her shoulder by calling by "petty and foolish", but if that makes her feel better, then so be it.

What? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When I was in 7th grade my team lost a football game 58-0. It was 52-0 at the half. About the only lasting effect of that game 20 years later is my friends and I laughing about it and the absurdity of how good the other team was when it comes up in conversation and how the stud tailback from the other team could be in the NFL now if he had kept his head on straight.

My sophomore year of high school we got beat 70-25. The only lasting affect of that one was some friends of mine in college being on the the other team and harassing me about it.

Heck, I coached a basketball youth league team earlier this year that lost a game by 50+ points to a team because our two best players were missing. The lasting effect from that? 3 weeks later we beat the same team for our only win this season and that made the win that much sweeter. Truth be told, we played 10 times better after that loss that we did before it.

Plus, young kids? These girls are 14-18 years old. Life gets tough at some point.

I don't have a dog in this fight either way, but I get sick and tired of every time a blowout happens the masses rally to crucify the winning team and coach. 99% of the high school coaches out there are professionals and are just as embarassed as the losing coach to win that bad.