A Question for MrNoitAll or stlbrd

sadienclaysmom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to respond immediately to the self proclaimed "Mr Know it All's" reply, but I wanted to check on the schedule first. I agree Stlbird, your reply was quite good, as you gave a very good example of how to deal with a dominant pitcher-based team! I'll reply to your points later.

As for Know it all's answer, I can't see Midway (State tourney appearances last 3 years with no success) and Coalfield (probable state tourney appearance this year) winning the state championship, but stranger things have happened! I remember a "lowly Lenoir City" (yes, Knoxville area) team winning the state in 2005 when no one gave them a chance! I had a few students on that team (most notably Sara Vaughn that signed with UT) as I do on both of this year's Midway and Coalfield teams!

As for Midway and Coalfield "so-called getting spanked" in their losses, I have a hard time taking you serious to the point of finally replying to a post from you (which I have not in the past due to the fact that it didn't include any teams that I knew much about). Midway's worst loss of three (1-0 Sweetwater, 2-1 to Mercy Academy, KY) was a 3-0 loss to a very good Meigs Co.! Coalfield's worst loss was 11-0 to Sweetwater (4-0 Collierville, 1-0 to Midway in 9 innings, and a revenge 1-0 loss to Sweetwater), and they had a major quality win over Knoxville power West High School 9-8! TOther than the 11-0 loos to Sweetwater (of which they gained respectability), I don't understand your "candid choice of words such as butts spanked.

StlBird, I did like your post and generally do like most all of your posts. I tend to not post as I am an instructor and seem biased. I just had to reply to the other guy.

Diamond DW

Its nice to see someone stick up for the east TN teams & with your students success in 2005 it shows that you knew a little about the game. If you are who I am thinking you are I know you personally. However I question what you know about the local teams now days. Two things in the above post make me say this. a major quality win over Knoxville power West High School 9-8! Since when is West High a Knoxville power? Thy are 9-12 & finished 6th in there district this year, 10-15 in 2008 & 14-16 in 2007, never won there district & never made a state appearance as far as I could research. Other than the 11-0 loos to Sweetwater (of which they gained respectability), How in the world do you gain respect in a 11-0 loss? Just want a little clarification. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

"Noitall" I always figured that a Checkers instructor was one of them people that when I pulled up to a "Checkers"to order some supper made sure that them folks workin in there new how to say "would you like fries with your burger?" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yep when me and "Birdie" was a lookin at them double wides we did stop at a Checkers up there in East Tennessee I wonder if he was a workin at that one because these folks were really a happy bunch of folks. We saw one of them trucks that had a white ball in the window..........I bet it was him......I sure wish I had known that because I would have had order a large fries instead of a small one..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go 840 Ladies!!!!

Now you is talkin Good Doctor ! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

YEP....We was even the "coolest of the cool" on Cool Schools channel 4 today.......Kids had alot of fun......they all needin naps right now.......gonna turn some of em loose early to go home to rest.......

About 400 or so have said they goin to Ravenwood at 6pm for da game! Ya'll better get ther early!!

Go WC !

Dear soreshins, I would like to clarify the 11-0 loss that Coalfield had against Sweetwater. These are not excuses, just the facts of the day. Coalfield started thier day at 10:00 am and played 6 games back to back with NO breaks in between games all day. The girls even had to eat lunch in between innings just to get some food in thier bodies. The 11-0 loss came in the championship game which started at 9:30 pm on the same day. If you see where I'm am going the Coalfield girls played ball for 12 hours straight before they suffered the 11-0 loss in the 2nd game against Sweetwater.They were "Dead Dog Tired" by this point. Lindsey Fadnek pitched 32 1/3 innings on the day with 63 K's. She finally had to come out in the 2nd inning of the ball game when the score was 1-0 Sweetwater and that's when Sweetwater turned it up. The only back up pitcher Coalfield has was not having a good day at all and struggled to even get the ball across the plate.

If you know the facts of how this tournement went down, you will see that Coalfield was behind the eight ball from the start. I don't know of many teams that will go that long before they finally break down. My hat is off to the girls that hung in there all day and gave all they had just to be in that final game.

Dear soreshins, I would like to clarify the 11-0 loss that Coalfield had against Sweetwater. These are not excuses, just the facts of the day. Coalfield started thier day at 10:00 am and played 6 games back to back with NO breaks in between games all day. The girls even had to eat lunch in between innings just to get some food in thier bodies. The 11-0 loss came in the championship game which started at 9:30 pm on the same day. If you see where I'm am going the Coalfield girls played ball for 12 hours straight before they suffered the 11-0 loss in the 2nd game against Sweetwater.They were "Dead Dog Tired" by this point. Lindsey Fadnek pitched 32 1/3 innings on the day with 63 K's. She finally had to come out in the 2nd inning of the ball game when the score was 1-0 Sweetwater and that's when Sweetwater turned it up. The only back up pitcher Coalfield has was not having a good day at all and struggled to even get the ball across the plate.

If you know the facts of how this tournement went down, you will see that Coalfield was behind the eight ball from the start. I don't know of many teams that will go that long before they finally break down. My hat is off to the girls that hung in there all day and gave all they had just to be in that final game.

Man what a day.....you know they was zonked.....I know Fadnek would never give up mentally, she had to be in severe pain to get off the rubber........

Whiteball even with the education that I have I can spell their......yep you can tell he is one of them teachers teachin our kids how to spell, you see MrNoitAll knows he can't spell but he don't even try to act smart like the Checker Man! He even has the East Tn folks down on him........he had better go back to the double wide like I do and keep his mouth together! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hey dubc, There is not doubt about it. Lindsey was wore out physically. Mentally she still wanted to be in the game, but was so sore her arm wouldn't let her do anymore. The rest of the girls were just as tired which makes it hard to do anything at that point. I have to give Sweetwater thier props, they did what they had to do to take care of buisness and did it well. Coalfield hopes to get Sweetwater on thier schedule for next year during the regular season, but as for now they have North Green to get by and try to be in the "Boro" next week.

Hey dubc, There is not doubt about it. Lindsey was wore out physically. Mentally she still wanted to be in the game, but was so sore her arm wouldn't let her do anymore. The rest of the girls were just as tired which makes it hard to do anything at that point. I have to give Sweetwater thier props, they did what they had to do to take care of buisness and did it well. Coalfield hopes to get Sweetwater on thier schedule for next year during the regular season, but as for now they have North Green to get by and try to be in the "Boro" next week.

The word is their NOT thier /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Diamond DW

Its nice to see someone stick up for the east TN teams & with your students success in 2005 it shows that you knew a little about the game. If you are who I am thinking you are I know you personally. However I question what you know about the local teams now days. Two things in the above post make me say this. a major quality win over Knoxville power West High School 9-8! Since when is West High a Knoxville power? Thy are 9-12 & finished 6th in there district this year, 10-15 in 2008 & 14-16 in 2007, never won there district & never made a state appearance as far as I could research. Other than the 11-0 loos to Sweetwater (of which they gained respectability), How in the world do you gain respect in a 11-0 loss? Just want a little clarification. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Soreshins

As you can see, I indeed was taking up for East TN teams and will continue. West has a pretty good pitcher right now and I deemed that a good win. I might have overstated it by claiming "power", but I had gotten riled up from the crap I was hearing about Coalfield getting spanked in "All" of their losses, which was not true.

Are you implying that I don't know anything about local teams since 2005? I feel as I do. Thanks so much for your reply. I probably know you, but you don't come to mind.