OCCHS new coach

Rebel1982

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King isn't near 6'8. He MAY be about the same heigth as Brady. I think Coach Kail did a decent job with what he was given last year. He doesn't have the athletes that a school like Dyer Co., Covington, Haywood etc... to be able to compete in the Region. Yes, they can compete in the District because 13AA, over the past few years, has been weak with Dyer Co. practically running away with a district championship every year and the next few spots up for grabs to anyone. Nick Gilliam was a solid player, but not the caliber player to lead a team to a state championship.

bosslady, I see that you have 4 posts. I pray that the other 3 you have posted on here were nowhere near as ridiculous as that last 1 you posted. Sounds like you may be the type of problem that coaches have within the OC system.

Hey believe me the problems with the OC system are way bigger than this, dont get me started on the football program over the past 5-7 years. Wonder why Cavness is at UC and Reedy went to GC, i had nothing to do with that. My kids arent in that school system so this is just outside observation, bring Jimmy back and my boys will be Rebels for sure!

lady......... YOU'RE NUTS!!!!!!!!! Murfreesboro?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! hahahaha... OC boys have been down for a loooong time now and outside of Gilliam they dont have any real good players.... yeah the one kid that is a pure spot up shooter, but not an overall great player. Boucher was ok... average. I dont recall seeing a 6'8" kid at OC in years and even so..... height doesnt mean you can play!!! Coach Kail does a good job!

MURFREESBORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Can you believe she said they should have gone to Murfreesboro! lololol.

I'd hate to see what you have to say about them after this upcoming season.... lost a lot to graduation... wont be pretty if you ask me... but you probably think they should beat Oak Hill and be top 10 nationally huh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ok ok ok maybe not Murfreesboro but from the games i witnessed Kail played way too many head games with those kids, needless to say I'm not a fan. But hey i'm just a spectator. As for the hieght thing, Kail relied so much on the three he didnt utilize Boucher or King to their capabilities inside, once again just going by what i saw.

Haven't heard that so I don't think that is true, or at least I hope not

Keep your filthy rebel hands off our coach!!!!! ... we got this program right where we want it, and he has been a huge factor

Someone needs to read the newspaper! Sorry ghost, it is true. And I hope he was a huge factor in the WV program. His background indicates he has the capabilities and hopefully will bring that "factor" to OC. Just from reading the article, I like his outlook for the program. Seems like a good guy and a good fit for the Lady Rebels. Best of luck to WV, but OC will be a happier place with LaRue there.

I have indirectly known & watched LaRue coach for years. OCCHS admin. finally got one right. He's been in and around 13AA for years, so he knows what's expected every nite. He's a high character person & excellent coach. Fans will be thrilled & with what he has coming back, better watch them!! Great hire!!!

congrats to Coach Lyle LaRue on being named the 11th Head Coach of Lady Rebel basketball at Obion Central.

Lyle has had success at two previous schools(Dyer Co. and Crockett Co.) and served as an assistant with the girls program at Westview and four years as head coach with Martin Middle School. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Coach LaRue already knows how tough 13AA is with head coaching stints at two previous schools and an assistant at another. His leadership and abilities will keep the Lady Rebels competitive and possibly make another run for the state tournament which hasn't happened since the 2004-05 season.

An already loaded defending state champion Gibson Co. and state tourney semifinalist in Westview will be solid again next year and once again this has the makings of another exciting year in 13AA.

Congrats again to Coach LaRue and best of luck to ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> see if you can get NSHD as an advisor /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

congrats to Coach Lyle LaRue on being named the 11th Head Coach of Lady Rebel basketball at Obion Central.

Lyle has had success at two previous schools(Dyer Co. and Crockett Co.) and served as an assistant with the girls program at Westview and four years as head coach with Martin Middle School. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Coach LaRue already knows how tough 13AA is with head coaching stints at two previous schools and an assistant at another. His leadership and abilities will keep the Lady Rebels competitive and possibly make another run for the state tournament which hasn't happened since the 2004-05 season.

An already loaded defending state champion Gibson Co. and state tourney semifinalist in Westview will be solid again next year and once again this has the makings of another exciting year in 13AA.

Congrats again to Coach LaRue and best of luck to ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> see if you can get NSHD as an advisor /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larue will do great things at OCCHS if the folks will let him........he is one of the best in the business.

I'm not available, but Joe Quincy might be........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larue will do great things at OCCHS if the folks will let him........he is one of the best in the business.

I'm not available, but Joe Quincy might be........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I couldn't agree more- hopefully the head coach will put his system in place and receive the support of the entire community.

Joe Quincy is a credible Plan B , but we may have to look to the rafters to find the one who can ADVISE us all!!

BOO! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=27197

Welcome to OC Coach LaRue.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey believe me the problems with the OC system are way bigger than this, dont get me started on the football program over the past 5-7 years. Wonder why Cavness is at UC and Reedy went to GC, i had nothing to do with that. My kids arent in that school system so this is just outside observation, bring Jimmy back and my boys will be Rebels for sure!

Mine won't.....

Someone needs to read the newspaper! Sorry ghost, it is true. And I hope he was a huge factor in the WV program. His background indicates he has the capabilities and hopefully will bring that "factor" to OC. Just from reading the article, I like his outlook for the program. Seems like a good guy and a good fit for the Lady Rebels. Best of luck to WV, but OC will be a happier place with LaRue there.

Well I just got back from vacation and thought I'd log in, even though I was afraid of what I would see here...

I'm just numb with the loss, but am happy for LaRue. His type of talent is rare and West TN basketball will get even better now.

His players play so hard for him and so fast too. This is probably taboo to say on the girls' forum but the games are as fun to watch as boys games.

You can't even begin to imagine the type of person you have brought in. Ask yourself if you've ever met a coach that everyone likes, I mean EVERYBODY. Opposing coaches, his players, refs, parents of his players, fans, etc. I haven't met one person who doesn't. Not even ONE.

Those OC posters here so far seem to have good heads on your shoulders, if you allow the morons there to treat him wrong, I'll put a voodoo curse on you that even the GhostofSpencer won't be able to exorcise. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Well I just got back from vacation and thought I'd log in, even though I was afraid of what I would see here...

I'm just numb with the loss, but am happy for LaRue. His type of talent is rare and West TN basketball will get even better now.

Those OC posters here so far seem to have good heads on your shoulders, if you allow the morons there to treat him wrong, I'll put a voodoo curse on you that even the GhostofSpencer won't be able to exorcise. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As with every great marketing plan- one has to know one's audience /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They are lining up as we speak at Central Station to buy season tickets, but the Godfather makes sure that everyone

will HAVE to buy softball season tickets too /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />