A- Who goes home early, and who wins it all?

CommanderMan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not gonna be anyone from the east....they boast how good they are all year and then when state tourney time rolls around they bow out early....i'll say either riverside or jcs to take home the crown...in single A baseball west TN is full of the most talented teams

....i mean east tennessee baseball is usually pretty good in all divisions. look at AAA and d2 and AA.. they are pretty good.. and i mean Rockwood and Harriman have always been good at state. So i dont think that was avery smart thing to say.

How do you see Summertown in the finals? Cascade and Summertown both cant be in the finals...they are in the same bracket. Im not sayin Summertown doesnt deserve to be there...cause by all means they do...but what do they have

Well I did not realize that if you are on the same side of the bracket that the losers bracket did not create a new bracket. If that is the case I will go with Cascade and Riverside.

I think it'll be Riverside or Friendship playing the Big Blue of Summertown for the Championship on Friday. One thru nine I don't think there is anyone who is better than Summertown. And they have a couple kids who can absolutely fly around the diamond and they can hit like none other. The Gobbell kid might just be the best player in Single A baseball. They've also got some kids who can pitch. This team is no doubt coached better than a good 95% of the teams in the state, as well as they are very experienced with this being their third trip in four years and just missed an opportunity in 2007. This squad is loaded with talent. Although everyone looks at the two losses to Mt. Pleasant in the District Tournament, people tend to forget that same Mt. Pleasant team upset Cascade at their own tournament 5-2. This Eagles squad has a lot of poise and a great demeanor to them from the time they step on the field to the last out.

Almost the same can be said about Riverside. They play in more than likely the best/toughest District in Single A Baseball and they ran the table other than two losses. One thru nine they are extremely solid at the plate and defensively. The Gant kid is no doubt one of the best young players at any HS level in the state. He's just as good if not better than his brother was as a senior right now! This team is extremely well coached as well as they are very young and loaded with talent. If not this year, than watch for this team to be back in the very near future!

....i mean east tennessee baseball is usually pretty good in all divisions. look at AAA and d2 and AA.. they are pretty good.. and i mean Rockwood and Harriman have always been good at state. So i dont think that was avery smart thing to say.

look at the history....the last ten years 6 champions from the west and 4 from middle(all private schools in nashville)...just getting there shouldn't be enough east tn you should be bringing home the hardware and history shows your not!

look at the history....the last ten years 6 champions from the west and 4 from middle(all private schools in nashville)...just getting there shouldn't be enough east tn you should be bringing home the hardware and history shows your not!

If I remember last years single A spring fling correctly I dont think an east Tennessee team won a single game except against another east Tennessee team