Lets Break Down Spring Fling, Bracket by Bracket...

davidlimbaugh

Single A

Warrior Spring Classic Results:

JCS lost 8-7 to Riverdale in a great game. Won 9-7 over a team from Clayton, Missouri. Won 3-2 over

Region qualifier Lawrence County.

A pretty good showing in the Boro.

Friendship Christian lost 10-4 to Centennial. They lost 7-5 to Cookeville. Other games were rained out.

Anyone know how other 'A' teams fared in spring tournaments?

Double A

Dyer County won 8-7 over Cookeville, 2-0 over region qualifier Harriman and 6-0 over MTCS.

Goodpasture won 10-9 over Substate Qualifier Clarksville, 7-6 over Substate Qualifier David Crockett, lost 9-7 to Spring Fling participant McCallie and lost 8-0 in annual Classic Matchup with USJ.

How about other 'AA' teams?

Triple AAA

Blackman only played one game in Warrior Spring Classic due to rain and desire to get out of town teams games. There one game was a 15-5 win over State tournament participant Bartlett. The week before at a tournament in Memphis they lost 5-4 to Bartlett.

Independence won 8-2 over Spring Fling team Farragut at the Scenic City classic. Independence beat Lavergne 15-2, lost to Bartlett 13-1 and beat Oakland 16-0 in this year's Warrior Spring Classic.

Collierville won 5-3 over Farragut with Pfeifer on the hill in a great ballgame at Riverdale in Spring Classic. They lost 5-4 to Substate qualifier Science Hill.

Farragut - already mentioned losses to Independence and Collierville - tough bracket with a Blackman team with a win over Bartlett. Admirals were also 2-2 in four games with Spring Fling team Bearden. In Chattanooga they won 12-2 at Spring Fling team McCallie. Farragut won 6-2 in 9 innings over USJ in Spring Classic and beat Bartlett 14-13 in a slugfest. With the exception of Mater Dei of Indiana, the Admirals have a change to get revenge on every team that hung a loss on them this week.

Bartlett - 13-1 win over Independence, 15-5 loss to Blackman and 14-13 loss to Farragut in Warrior Spring Classic - all teams in Spring Fling this week.

Mt Juliet - lost 6-4 to Region qualifier Spring Hill and won 6-5 in 8 innings over Substate qualifier Science Hill

Bearden - split 4 games over the year with Farragut. Won 8-4 over Cookeville, lost 4-1 to region qualifier Lebanon and beat Substate qualifier Houston 9-7 in 8 innings.

Division 2

Brentwood Academy beat region qualifier Beech 13-3 and Ooltewah 7-1 in this year's Spring Classic

McCallie won 14-0 over Lavergne, lost 4-3 to Brentwood, and won 9-7 over Spring Fling team Goodpasture in this year's Classic. The previous week in their own Scenic City Classic they lost 12-2 to Spring Fling team Farragut, 7-5 to another Spring Fling team, Independence and 2-1 to Substate qualifier Science Hill.

So a lot of teams here have played some great games already this year against some great teams and it should be a fun week!

Since I host the 'A' bracket I can't make any prognostications there and since I have friends at most of the other schools I can't pick anyone in those brackets either. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Riverside won the SportsPlus tournament in Jackson

Won against: A Humboldt 5-3, AA Jackson Southside 3-1, AAA Liberty 9-7 also had two more wins with no losses.

Courier Classic: Lost to AAA Shebyville 6-10 and lost to AA Dyer Co 0-5, Beat A Nashville Christian 18-1 and AA McNairy 19-1

Also have played JCS 5 times and won 4 times (14-4, 5-2, 3-0, 8-7) and lost once 4-6.

Played Huntingdon twice and won both (12-8, 9-5)

Collierville has been without their # 1 all season and he probably won't throw any at state. They are also banged up at other positions with a starting outfield regulated to DH, another outfielder got hit in the face last week and has broken bone in cheek, a middle infielder having shoulder trouble. Other players have stepped up but it will be a struggle to advance in the region with Farragut.

Collierville has been without their # 1 all season and he probably won't throw any at state. They are also banged up at other positions with a starting outfield regulated to DH, another outfielder got hit in the face last week and has broken bone in cheek, a middle infielder having shoulder trouble. Other players have stepped up but it will be a struggle to advance in the region with Farragut.

Is this going to be used as an excuse if Collierville loses? I hope not..

Is this going to be used as an excuse if Collierville loses? I hope not..

No not an excuse just a realistic point of view. Farragut is an outstanding program that requires any team to be at full strength to beat. Collierville was fortunate to catch them on a down night in the Warrior.It may still be close.