A-AA State Soccer Tournament Format Proposal

EastCoUnited

It's true. 3 of the 4 are public schools.

If A/AA was split into A and AA, then the same teams that usually dominate A/AA will dominate AA and class A will be a generally pitiful display of soccer, where the state tournament consists of all 8 schools in the class that have a team.

Totally agree with you!!

Especially on the point about A soccer. I don't think there is a A team in all of Nashville. Keep it as it is!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, this system was caused by Brentwood Academys blatant recruiting in football. Do the private schools in other states openly recruit?

WRONG! It was started because of wrestling program at Baylor in Chattanooga - some wrestler won state championship in Tenn and Ga the same year........ Clarkrange is a small pubic school and they recruit /or people "move" in their area, sometimes less than 10 miles - went undefeated this year and they "think" they could have beaten the AA and AAA champions too! Open Enrollment Public School Hillsboro won Football and Girls Basketball Championships this year. What u need is a Rural League, Urban League (both small and large), Magnet League, Open Enrollemnt League, Private League with financial aid, Private league without financial aid, Transfer League, Non Transfer League We Play Anyone Anywhere League, and Daddyball/Mamaball League - and all leagues would have 3 divisions at least. Please feel free to add any other "leagues" deemed necessary to elimiinate anyone from having any kind of advantage.

WRONG! It was started because of wrestling program at Baylor in Chattanooga - some wrestler won state championship in Tenn and Ga the same year........ Clarkrange is a small pubic school and they recruit /or people "move" in their area, sometimes less than 10 miles - went undefeated this year and they "think" they could have beaten the AA and AAA champions too! Open Enrollment Public School Hillsboro won Football and Girls Basketball Championships this year. What u need is a Rural League, Urban League (both small and large), Magnet League, Open Enrollemnt League, Private League with financial aid, Private league without financial aid, Transfer League, Non Transfer League We Play Anyone Anywhere League, and Daddyball/Mamaball League - and all leagues would have 3 divisions at least. Please feel free to add any other "leagues" deemed necessary to elimiinate anyone from having any kind of advantage.

SOMEBODY FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT !!!!!! GREAT, GREAT POST !!!!

You forgot Home school League. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would suggest one other league (great post by the way): The " I don't won't to work hard, sacrifice anything, but want a trophy and will whine if anyone else gets it" league

I would suggest one other league (great post by the way): The " I don't won't to work hard, sacrifice anything, but want a trophy and will whine if anyone else gets it" league

Won't work as a single league as the numbers are too large. I think we would need at least 200 sub classifications in this category. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Redog I thought you had gotten it right but on futher study, I think I have the solution. HAD Bearden won, that would have made an all Knoxville final in A/AA and AAA. Therefore I have concluded that the Knoxville area will be it's own division in TSSAA. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrats to all the teams and congrats to FC Alliance, KFC, and all the other club teams in that area. And Congrats to all those club coaches that had a hand in the Knoxville dominance.

Congrats to all the teams and congrats to FC Alliance, KFC, and all the other club teams in that area. And Congrats to all those club coaches that had a hand in the Knoxville dominance.

Don't forget Blount United Soccer Club. Alcoa and Maryville are drawing more and more players from this growing Blount County Club.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

It's true. 3 of the 4 are public schools.

If A/AA was split into A and AA, then the same teams that usually dominate A/AA will dominate AA and class A will be a generally pitiful display of soccer, where the state tournament consists of all 8 schools in the class that have a team.

THIS year, 3 of the final four are public. But what YOU guys aren't commenting on is how rare an occurrence this is. Typically, 6 of the final 8 schools are private.

Private schools competing with public schools is not and has never been fair. Period. Don't get me wrong. I don't blame the private schools for being good. I just wish that every school had the advantages that the private schools are granted. It's interesting, though, to listen to private schools attempt to justify it. It's easier to believe that the system is fair and right when you're winning most of the time. No, I don't want everyone to have a trophy, but come on, guys, look at the stats. Believing that the system is still fair while staring at the facts requires a dedication to ignorance that I can't quite understand.

In the end, though, until the system is fixed, blaming the system for 'failing' is unacceptable. You can blame the system for being unfair or you can fight to overcome it. The refs may stink, the field may stink, the entire system may stink, but champions overcome. Settle your disputes on the field.

So if you're a public school, and you lose, you're always a whiny, lazy failure? Interesting...

You guys seem to be missing the point by a long shot. No one's wanting anything handed to them. They're just wanting a level-playing field. Let me try to put it in terms that a private school can understand...

If an MLS team were suddenly allowed to play in with the private schools, who do you think would win? Do you think it would be fair? If your definition of fair is simply that each team has the same number of players per team, then yes. But do you not for a second, possibly believe that the private schools might get a tiny bit frustrated that they're having to play against professional teams with more money than them who can recruit the best coaches and the best players?

Again, it's hard for private schools to see the problem with the system when it's working so well for them. But I promise you, if you put the private schools in the public schools' position, they'd be complaining just as much...