AC Head Coach

This whole forum turned into a lame cat fight really quick. My sources tell me that Randy Hall is coming out of retirement to run the show. Randy has been laying quietly for several years and now is going to be given his chance to shine. He sure will look good on the sidelines considering all the weight he has lost in the past several months.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole forum turned into a lame cat fight really quick. My sources tell me that Randy Hall is coming out of retirement to run the show. Randy has been laying quietly for several years and now is going to be given his chance to shine. He sure will look good on the sidelines considering all the weight he has lost in the past several months.

Dude you are lost, do you not read prep xtra? Anyone that isn't blind knew Gillum was the man. He will do a great job.

Saw and heard Coach Gillum get introduced tonight to the boosters. Seems like a very intelligent man. I'd be interested in what some of the Scott County faithful think about him as a coach and mentor to their sons.

He is excellent all the way around. I am glad you are concerned about what type of role model he is. I have watched him over the past four years and have been amazed by his moral character. He has changed the entire team's (coaches included) attitude as far as how they act and conduct themselves. I did not get a chance to talk to him before he left, but I wish him the best of luck.

SHS has produced some quality people over the past 8 years due in large part to the last two head coaches and the approach they have taken. I do not think Davey would have been named the head coach three years ago if he had not been person that he is, football aside. AC has got a good one.

He is excellent all the way around. I am glad you are concerned about what type of role model he is. I have watched him over the past four years and have been amazed by his moral character. He has changed the entire team's (coaches included) attitude as far as how they act and conduct themselves. I did not get a chance to talk to him before he left, but I wish him the best of luck.

SHS has produced some quality people over the past 8 years due in large part to the last two head coaches and the approach they have taken. I do not think Davey would have been named the head coach three years ago if he had not been person that he is, football aside. AC has got a good one.

I agree Mr. Gillum is the real thing. I met a lot of people in my life time and he one of Quality. Role models in today??™s time are to find; this fellow has it all and is the Real Thing. Just picking up at this stage in the year will really be a Challenge.

Good Luck Mr. Gillum

I have watched him over the past four years and have been amazed by his moral character. He has changed the entire team's (coaches included) attitude as far as how they act and conduct themselves.

This is by far the most important thing to me. I have two sons I'll be entrusting to him. At times I've thought about the private school route because the coaches at some of those are chosen expressly for their (at least professed) character. Education is the second most important thing to me, and the third is the quality of the athletics programs.

It's good to hear from you that Coach Gillum is a man of high moral character and integrity. That's huge.

This is by far the most important thing to me. I have two sons I'll be entrusting to him. At times I've thought about the private school route because the coaches at some of those are chosen expressly for their (at least professed) character. Education is the second most important thing to me, and the third is the quality of the athletics programs.

It's good to hear from you that Coach Gillum is a man of high moral character and integrity. That's huge.

Mr.Gillum??™s moral chacter will never be matched!!! He is so much better then I will ever be! I am counting on him using all this knowledge that he has in making Anderson County a Power House as it has been in the 90"s

Mr.Gillum??™s moral chacter will never be matched!!! He is so much better then I will ever be! I am counting on him using all this knowledge that he has in making Anderson County a Power House as it has been in the 90"s

AC has a winning record against Powell and Karns, but losing records against Central and Halls. My question is how do you think AC will fair against teams outside the county?

AC has a winning record against Powell and Karns, but losing records against Central and Halls. My question is how do you think AC will fair against teams outside the county?

Typically Halls has been a stumbling block for AC. In the past they played identical schemes as AC. I think if AC gets it act together with the passing game they will compete and beat many teams that previously were considered a struggle. There is no reason if they get everything going why they should not be able to compete and beat Knoxville teams. But from my experience in the past the referees play a big part in who wins the close games. So in order to beat the Knoxville teams you will need to get a large lead early.

Typically Halls has been a stumbling block for AC. In the past they played identical schemes as AC. I think if AC gets it act together with the passing game they will compete and beat many teams that previously were considered a struggle. There is no reason if they get everything going why they should not be able to compete and beat Knoxville teams. But from my experience in the past the referees play a big part in who wins the close games. So in order to beat the Knoxville teams you will need to get a large lead early.

Halls is in much the same shape as AC insofar as they have also lost a lot of seniors who had played for years. They'll be rebuilding. Powell is an unknown as they lost Kier Houston who won them a lot of games with his ability to wriggle out of tight situations. I think Powell overachieved last year while Halls underachieved. Central will get some athletes. It'll be interesting

Halls is in much the same shape as AC insofar as they have also lost a lot of seniors who had played for years. They'll be rebuilding. Powell is an unknown as they lost Kier Houston who won them a lot of games with his ability to wriggle out of tight situations. I think Powell overachieved last year while Halls underachieved. Central will get some athletes. It'll be interesting

That is really interesting. Wonder how Clinton and Oak Ridge are doing this?

That is really interesting. Wonder how Clinton and Oak Ridge are doing this?

Clinton has to be the prohibitive favorite in the new district. What can hurt Clinton will be a lack of numbers unless things have changed over there. Getting pounded on week after week with players going both ways will take its toll. OR? Who knows? With the size of that school and the athletes they have no one should compete with them but they do. I don't know much about the new coach, but you can't count OR out. They'll be back soon if not this year.