The New Region 7

RossviewFan

Ok... since I got corrected lets just start a new thread...

Now that the New Region 7 has been put together and the annual coaches meeting has been completed... does anyone want to venture as to how next seasons action will play out?

Will Clarksville HS dominate or will Hendersonville HS prevail? Or maybe there will be a darkhorse thrown into the mix?

Also, this Region has been split into 2 districts... any predictions on who will win the district action?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 8 and 9 (last year) were combined to make Region 7 for this up coming season and because we do have so many teams in our Region we had our region broken up into 2 Districts 13 and 14.

Within the 2 Districts the schools were broken down even farther to Big Schools and Small Schools. So with all that being said I will try and make my predictions for next seasons District and the Regional winners.

In District 14 "Big Schools"- The Teams- Clarksville, Dickson Co., Kenwood, West Creek, Northwest.

Clarksville is coming off a fantastic season dominating region 9 last season but they will be hit hard next season losing 7 seniors to graduation but they have a great core of kids returning for next season, Brandon Isbell, Hayden Jordan, Ren Baggett, etc (what is the old saying "they don't rebuild they reload"). Dickson Co. has only gotten better the past 2 seasons and this season maybe their year to step up to the plate and get their share of the pie. They will be lead by Greg Shepherd, Jesse Bennett, Hunter Badon and Rakim Talley. If they could find a heavyweight and a 103 they could be the cream of the region. Kenwood is down and out but they are returning a few very good wrestlers, Darion Pittman, Miguel Robles, and Dusty Shaw. West Creek is a starter program (some starter programs have done very well but this one is going to have to grow from nothing), Northwest has lost a few of their key wrestlers which might be costly for them but they still have a good group of kids coming back, Wilford Morrison, Martin Leamon, and Dandre Morrison.

This is going to be very close call between 2 schools Clarksville and Dickson Co. but I am going to have to lean toward Dickson Co. however the 103 and Heavyweight classes will play a big part in the equation.

District 13 ???Big Schools???- The Teams- Hendersonville, Beech, Northeast, Springfield, Rossview.

Hendersonville is another team that is being hit hard by graduation with 6 seniors moving on but they still has a great nuclei coming back, Austin Large, Brett Jaeckel and Nick Newton. Beech is a team that will not be effect by the graduation with only one moving on and with that they should be a very solid team, which will be lead by Jonathan Roberts, Justin Kleinert and Taylor Cash. Beech will have many other wrestlers that will help them out. Northeast will be loaded if they do not get hit by the opening of West Creek. Granted they will be losing a few seniors but they will be a very strong team if they get all their wrestlers back and this will enable them to make a huge splash this season. Springfield is a very young team still but has some good talent coming back Daniel Smith, Jacob Cousins, and Trevor Sparks. Rossview is another very young team next season with only 1 senior returning. They could be competitive if all the pieces fall into place but as we all know ???if??? is a might big word! Rossview will be lead by their senior Alex Szczepaniak, and juniors Tyler Todd and Yusuf Yunis.

This is going to be extremely hard to pick because each and everyone of these teams has a good shot at winning this District but since I am going out on a limb to call them I am going to take Beech as the team to beat with Northeast (if they do not get hurt by the opening of West Creek) making a close second.

Now when all is said and done in the districts there is still a regional dual and my 4 teams that will make it are going to be Clarksville and Dickson Co. from District 14 and Beech and Northeast from District 13, with my 2 teams moving on to the State Duals will be Clarksville HS and Dickson Co.

Of course these are just my picks and opinions so they really don??™t matter but I just thought I would get the ball rolling on the conversation.

This is what I see.

District 14- Big Schools- Clarksville- The gap is close but I still think they are the team to beat.

Dickson Co- They will make it close but no cigar.

Northwest- Lost a few but will definitely be competitive.

Kenwood- Still rebuilding and needs to stabalize the coaching position.

West Creek- Excellent coach but it is the first year.

District 13- Big Schools- Hendersonville- True, they lost some but they still have solid kids to replace the

ones that are gone.

Rossview- These next 3 are real close but I think Rossview has a more solid lineup

than the other 2.

Beech- They are very young but they are fairly seasoned and will be very

competitive.

Northeast- Has some really tough kids but not in every weight class. The other 2

teams have a more complete team.

Springfield- Will probably shock some people this year but still very young.

Small Schools- I don't remember who is on the other side so I'll try to predict the one I know.

Montgomery Central- They will win this side easily. As a matter of fact, they will probably be

1 of the top 4 teams in the individual region. Didn't lose a lot and

returns the better parts of their lineup.

Eagleville- Don't know much about them but from what I hear they were pretty good last

year and didn't graduate many.

Harpeth- Lost their lineup from152 up with the exception of 189, a freshman. But they are

still real solid from 103 to 145. Partial rebuilding year.

Creek Wood- Lost 3 really solid wrestlers that scored a lot. Has some competators back

but has a lot of holes to fill.

Forrest- Has some really good wrestlers but has a hard time filling the team, a lot of holes.

Page- Same thing, has some good wrestlers but needs to fill a lot of holes.

Fairview- Lost some good kids along with new coaches. This will be a rebuilding year as well.

Small Schools- I don't remember who is on the other side so I'll try to predict the one I know.

Montgomery Central- They will win this side easily. As a matter of fact, they will probably be

Eagleville- Don't know much about them but from what I hear they were pretty good last

Harpeth- Lost their lineup from152 up with the exception of 189, a freshman. But they are

Creek Wood- Lost 3 really solid wrestlers that scored a lot. Has some competators back

Forrest- Has some really good wrestlers but has a hard time filling the team, a lot of holes.

Fairview- Lost some good kids along with new coaches. This will be a rebuilding year as well.

Other two in that district are Clarksville Academy and Marshall County (the latter is in region 5 traditional). If the districts are paired into regions, your "other side" will be District 8, the schools in Metro.

The other side is going to have Cheatham, Sycamore, White House, and Friendship Christian. There are a few more teams but I don't remember who they are. At least these were the other teams that were there last year. The two top teams in the other section has to wrestle this section to go to the state duals

Now we only have 20 teams in our Region

Beech

Cheatham Co.

Clarksville

Creek Wood

Dickson Co.

East Robertson

Fairview

Friendship Christian

Greenbrier

Harpeth

Hendersonville

Kenwood

Montgomery Central

Northeast

Northwest

Rossview

Springfield

Sycamore

West Creek

White House

I have no idea where the Eagleville or the Page or the Forrest came from?

Or am I working off an old copy of the region?

This is for the small school sectionals, it really has nothing to do with the region duals or individual regional tournaments. For instance, that same small school section last year had Harpeth, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Cheatham, Fairview, East Robertson, Pearl Cohn (which had no team) Frazier (out of Memphis), and another Memphis team. Neither Memphis teams ever showed up. It was more to reflect how the small schools in Region 7 would fare in their duals as you did with the large schools. Now in the individual region tournament, like I said, I foresee Montgomery Central being a top 4 team this year. Eagleville, Page and Forrest will be in the same dual sectional as Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Fairview, and Harpeth. The top 2 advance to wrestle 2 days later against the other sectional top 2 which consists of White House, Sycamore, Friendship Christian, Cheatham, East Robertson, and I think Greenbrier. The 2 winners from there will advance to the state dual tournament. I can't say that I totally understand why those 3 are in our sectional, thats just the way they grouped us.

This is what I see.

District 14- Big Schools- Clarksville- The gap is close but I still think they are the team to beat.

Dickson Co- They will make it close but no cigar.

Northwest- Lost a few but will definitely be competitive.

Kenwood- Still rebuilding and needs to stabalize the coaching position.

West Creek- Excellent coach but it is the first year.

District 13- Big Schools- Hendersonville- True, they lost some but they still have solid kids to replace the

ones that are gone.

Rossview- These next 3 are real close but I think Rossview has a more solid lineup

than the other 2.

Beech- They are very young but they are fairly seasoned and will be very

competitive.

Northeast- Has some really tough kids but not in every weight class. The other 2

teams have a more complete team.

Springfield- Will probably shock some people this year but still very young.

Harpeth didn't lose their 160 - he's back again for his Senior year.

Thats right, I had forgotten about Bradshaw. He could very well win the region this year. I think he could have done very well at state last year if it weren't for the injury at regions. But all the other weights from 152 up are gone except for him and the freshman 189. Ricky has always been able to do something even when you think he has nothing, so we all need to expect a tough match anyway.

• 1 month later...

Region 8 and 9 (last year) were combined to make Region 7 for this up coming season and because we do have so many teams in our Region we had our region broken up into 2 Districts 13 and 14.

Within the 2 Districts the schools were broken down even farther to Big Schools and Small Schools. So with all that being said I will try and make my predictions for next seasons District and the Regional winners.

In District 14 "Big Schools"- The Teams- Clarksville, Dickson Co., Kenwood, West Creek, Northwest.

Clarksville is coming off a fantastic season dominating region 9 last season but they will be hit hard next season losing 7 seniors to graduation but they have a great core of kids returning for next season, Brandon Isbell, Hayden Jordan, Ren Baggett, etc (what is the old saying "they don't rebuild they reload"). Dickson Co. has only gotten better the past 2 seasons and this season maybe their year to step up to the plate and get their share of the pie. They will be lead by Greg Shepherd, Jesse Bennett, Hunter Badon and Rakim Talley. If they could find a heavyweight and a 103 they could be the cream of the region. Kenwood is down and out but they are returning a few very good wrestlers, Darion Pittman, Miguel Robles, and Dusty Shaw. West Creek is a starter program (some starter programs have done very well but this one is going to have to grow from nothing), Northwest has lost a few of their key wrestlers which might be costly for them but they still have a good group of kids coming back, Wilford Morrison, Martin Leamon, and Dandre Morrison.

This is going to be very close call between 2 schools Clarksville and Dickson Co. but I am going to have to lean toward Dickson Co. however the 103 and Heavyweight classes will play a big part in the equation.

District 13 ???Big Schools???- The Teams- Hendersonville, Beech, Northeast, Springfield, Rossview.

Hendersonville is another team that is being hit hard by graduation with 6 seniors moving on but they still has a great nuclei coming back, Austin Large, Brett Jaeckel and Nick Newton. Beech is a team that will not be effect by the graduation with only one moving on and with that they should be a very solid team, which will be lead by Jonathan Roberts, Justin Kleinert and Taylor Cash. Beech will have many other wrestlers that will help them out. Northeast will be loaded if they do not get hit by the opening of West Creek. Granted they will be losing a few seniors but they will be a very strong team if they get all their wrestlers back and this will enable them to make a huge splash this season. Springfield is a very young team still but has some good talent coming back Daniel Smith, Jacob Cousins, and Trevor Sparks. Rossview is another very young team next season with only 1 senior returning. They could be competitive if all the pieces fall into place but as we all know ???if??? is a might big word! Rossview will be lead by their senior Alex Szczepaniak, and juniors Tyler Todd and Yusuf Yunis.

This is going to be extremely hard to pick because each and everyone of these teams has a good shot at winning this District but since I am going out on a limb to call them I am going to take Beech as the team to beat with Northeast (if they do not get hurt by the opening of West Creek) making a close second.

Now when all is said and done in the districts there is still a regional dual and my 4 teams that will make it are going to be Clarksville and Dickson Co. from District 14 and Beech and Northeast from District 13, with my 2 teams moving on to the State Duals will be Clarksville HS and Dickson Co.

Of course these are just my picks and opinions so they really don??™t matter but I just thought I would get the ball rolling on the conversation.

Coachmebrown Beech is gonna be young this season. Hendersonville and Clarksville are the teams to beat in the region until someone beats them. I like to see new teams step up but those guys are the top dogs until someone steps up and beats them.

Jessie Bennett from Dickson graduated last year. Ben Knox I think will fill that void adequately. He went to state last year as a freshman and wrestled solid all year. Clarksville is still the team to beat though. They had a solid JV and coach Jordan is a fantastic coach. So very much looking forward to the season. Much hard work has taken place over the summer I'm sure for all the schools.