The New Region 7

RossviewFan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth faces Clarksville this week, we'll see how things shake out. Obviously, with Harpeth giving up four bouts to forfeits, things will be tough as a team. However, there should be some pretty good matches (119) Cantrell vs. Snow, (125) Bass vs. Isbell, (160) Bradshaw vs. McGaha. Could be a preview of the Region Finals.

Harpeth faces Clarksville this week, we'll see how things shake out. Obviously, with Harpeth giving up four bouts to forfeits, things will be tough as a team. However, there should be some pretty good matches (119) Cantrell vs. Snow, (125) Bass vs. Isbell, (160) Bradshaw vs. McGaha. Could be a preview of the Region Finals.

Come on now Bo. Do you really think things will be tough as a team for Harpeth only because of the forfeits in this match. I agree there will possibly be some good matches though.

Now wait a minute dead. I never said that, don't go putting words in my mouth... especially if you're going to call me out!

Harpeth has done very well this season all things considered. Several injuries have put a few key spots out over the past month. The team has won several matches this year in-spite of giving up 24 points off the top. That's a hard number to recover from. Many of Harpeth's duals losses have been by less than the margin of the forfeits, so again... not bad all things considered.

I'm not taking anything away from Clarksville or any other team in the Region, I'm just saying if all spots were filled... things would a lot different. Its especially frustrating when you have a coach as good as Ricky Woods, someone who has managed to take a team to the State Duals that past two seasons while giving up 12-18 points the past two seasons, while wrestling guys up to fill other spots. I know mine as wrestled up nearly two classes the past two seasons. Last year he fought to stay above 152lb just do he could wrestle 171 for the team.

It would be nice if our football coach would "strongly" encourage his players to wrestle to help them get stronger and stay in condition during their off-seasons, but we can't seem to get him there. I won't jump on that one.

We'll see you guys on Thursday... Yes, there will be come good matches come out of dual... I just hope everyone will stay healthy!

UPDATE :

Hendersonville beat Rossview pretty solid. Matches of note:

Dylan Treloar (H'ville) pinned Rossview Jeremy Gonzalez 103

Justin Conners (H'ville) pinned 171 Rossview Zach North I assume ?

Conners was bumped up because (H'ville) was sick.

Brett Jaeckel (H'ville) won forfeit as I read on other blog

Yusuf Yunis (Rossview) bumped to 285 and won dec over H'ville.

Next week H'ville goes to Clarkville to wrestle Clarksville,Dixon and Mont Cen. Should be good wrestling.

Clarksville looks to be the leader with Dixon and H"ville real close to each other. Do not know much about Mont Cen. but no one should be overlooked

Also, I overheard a coach from another team there watching saying that the Districts were odd.

One side is only H'ville, Beech and Springfield. And the other side was the other 7 teams ? Did not seem right to me. Can anyone clarify this ? Thanks

UPDATE :

Hendersonville beat Rossview pretty solid. Matches of note:

Dylan Treloar (H'ville) pinned Rossview Jeremy Gonzalez 103

Justin Conners (H'ville) pinned 171 Rossview Zach North I assume ?

Conners was bumped up because (H'ville) was sick.

Brett Jaeckel (H'ville) won forfeit as I read on other blog

Yusuf Yunis (Rossview) bumped to 285 and won dec over H'ville.

Next week H'ville goes to Clarkville to wrestle Clarksville,Dixon and Mont Cen. Should be good wrestling.

Clarksville looks to be the leader with Dixon and H"ville real close to each other. Do not know much about Mont Cen. but no one should be overlooked

Also, I overheard a coach from another team there watching saying that the Districts were odd.

One side is only H'ville, Beech and Springfield. And the other side was the other 7 teams ? Did not seem right to me. Can anyone clarify this ? Thanks