The New Region 7

RossviewFan

Wow! You must be an angry fan!

Gonzalez won 112 at the freshman tournament, if you must know! Check your brackets better! He was over by a few ounces and couldn't wrestle 103 on Saturday.

And he has beaten Treloar at the Hendersonville tournament since he was pinned by him. He is the real deal. I think Roberts from NW will give him more of a run (and did!) than Treloar will. I think 103 will be close between Gonzalez and Roberts.

Rossview will qualify at least 6-8 for state this year, if not more....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You must be an angry fan!

Gonzalez won 112 at the freshman tournament, if you must know! Check your brackets better! He was over by a few ounces and couldn't wrestle 103 on Saturday.

And he has beaten Treloar at the Hendersonville tournament since he was pinned by him. He is the real deal. I think Roberts from NW will give him more of a run (and did!) than Treloar will. I think 103 will be close between Gonzalez and Roberts.

Rossview will qualify at least 6-8 for state this year, if not more....

Must be the kids parent. A lot of the wrestlers on Ross are being overrated. Rossview has never made it to state and none of its wrestlers have never won region. Aint goin be any different this year.

No, I am not Gonzalez's parent. I have known him and his family for 4 years now, and know that they are a serious wrestling family. The little ones coming behind him are just as good, if not better than he is!

I am wondering who on that list of "predictions" is being overrated. I can see maybe 2 boys that I wouldn't put where they are at. But, I also see at least one, if not 2, that are being overlooked, and not even listed.

I guess we will have to wait a few weeks and see how it all works out. Might be our year this year.

I love the spirited debates on who will place in each weight class BUT PLEASE LET'S NOT HATE ON THE KIDS THEMSELVES! They have worked to hard to get this far.

Now "Itswrestlingtime" the reason Rossview has a few more people on the list is because their coach has posted a lot more of their matches on NWCA for the public viewing. So it is easier to see who their wrestlers have beaten and lost to.

Ok with that said "Itswrestlingtime" who do you see that should not be on the list or should be lower in ranking and why?

As far as the 103 kid Gonzalez it is based more on the process of head to head matches:

Jeremy Gonzalez beat Jacob Maples 5-3, Donovan Roberts 5-3, Donovan Robets 7-5 OT, Dylan Treloar 7-3 and only lost to Dylan Treloar to a pin.

Jacob Maples beat Donovan Roberts 4-2, Donovan Roberts 6-0, Dylan Treloar by pin, and his only lost to Jeremy Gonzalez 5-3.

Donovan Roberts beat Dylan Treloar 13-5, he has lost to Jeremy Gonzalez 5-3, Jeremy Gonzalez 7-5 OT, Jacob Maples 4-2, Jacob Maples 6-0.

Dylan Treloar beat Jeremy Gonzalez by pin (would like to know the score before the pin), he has lost to Jeremy Gonzalez 7-3, Jacob Maples by pin (would like to know the score before the pin), Donovan Roberts 13-5.

If I missed something please let me know.

And to correct Itswrestlingtime, Rossview has had Region champs. 2 years ago, Brad Warren was the region champ at 125. We also have a State Champion in 2005 at 152-David Johnson. I'm sure David was probably a region champ. I'm sure there were more too. I just don't have that information.

And if you are talking about current wrestlers that have been region champs, no, we do not have any YET! Most of our kids are only juniors this year. This could be the year for some of them.

Any individual results on Clarksville vs Rossview match ?

According to the NWCA website, the results of Clarksville © vs. Rossview ® were as follows...

103 - Gonzalez ® over Morrissette © MD 13-2

112 - Spencer ® over Newton Dec 6-1

119 - Snow © over Miller ® MD 11-0

125 - Isbell © over Amos ® TF 16-1

130 - Cavin ® over Sonneby © MD 11-3

135 - Cozine ® over Crane © Fall 3:03

140 - Jordan © over DeMilia ® MD 13-4

145 - Hall © over Maldanado ® Fall 1:20

152 - Isbell © over Beatty ® TF 18-2

160 - Baggett © over Szczepanick ® MD 20-6

171 - McGaha © over North ® Fall 1:15

189 - Todd ® over Beagle © Fall 1:57