Harpeth High School Coaching Vacancy

carefulwhatuwishfor

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they would but the question is would he be interested.

Saw Brad tonight. 3 of the Harpeth guys are playing for Post 19 Jrs and they had a double header at Shelbyville tonight. Coach Frasier is happy where he is from all indications. He's got a couple that are going to be drafted more than likely and he's sitting in the catbird seat with Columbia in district 8AAA. I thought Columbia State would be more likely, but he's good where he is for now. He's a great baseball guy but I don't see him going back to AA ball. It was good to catch up. I asked him if he'd heard anything about what might happen at Harpeth and he hadn't. I imagine he's had plenty of opportunities.

I think Coach Collins is in the process of interviewing and what not, but I don't have any information. This is the first week after graduation for Harpeth and there should be a direction after this week I would think. I have heard that there have been several applicants.

whats the chance of allen collins taking the helm again?

Well, let's take a look at that statement...when Coach Collins became Assistant Principal, the big wigs across the river said he could not coach and be assistant principal also....well now we have the boys basketball coach at Harpeth who is an assistant principal and coach also...so what do we have here Cheatham Co. big wigs.

Looks like another political question in Cheatham County to be answered...or will it be answered or does anybody care to answer it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My guess is that that sort of stuff is negotiable these days. In this economy with the restrictions that are already in place for teaching positions available, I think they have to look at all available options when coaching positions are being filled.

That being said I don't think Coach Collins would be interested in the baseball job. He's also the AD and I think that is what prevents him from coaching more than vice-principle.

My guess is that that sort of stuff is negotiable these days. In this economy with the restrictions that are already in place for teaching positions available, I think they have to look at all available options when coaching positions are being filled.

That being said I don't think Coach Collins would be interested in the baseball job. He's also the AD and I think that is what prevents him from coaching more than vice-principle.

Plenty of AD's coach all over the State of Tennessee....that is not preventing him from coaching...the Assistant Principal job was.

Guess the rules are changed for certain people in certain school systems. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Guess you'll have to ask the powers to be across the river that question..feel free to call them, everybody else does. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I heard Shane Britt accepted the position late yesterday, is this true or just a rumor?

No doubt, the man knows baseball. Last year was a learning experience for him I'm sure as he made the transition to high school ball. East put a much better product on the field because of him. He got a RAW deal at East...........but then again most coaches do!