Predictions for A/AA next year?

carterhigh16

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I would say that you will see most of the same teams back at state and then the teams from Knoxville will win it.

I hate to write this as I am a big fan of Middle Tenn. Soccer but as my FRA panthers head to divsion II, I don't see any changes overall in regards to East Tenn dominance.

More specifics

District 9

I have friends at CPA and they should be pretty solid (returning 3-4 key guys).

HF loses a huge number of Seniors but they have some excellent young guys.

MLK has some all-region freshman and a few other good players so they will be tough.

GCS, DL not quite sure they always have good athletes.

District 10

Has an insane number of teams and the winners of that district have been numerous. Look out for Clarksville Acad. they came out of nowhere to make the regions. Also, the White House area seems to ahve a good youth program so they will be able to replace some of their good players.

Region 6 got rolled in substate but I think that CA has a beast of a player. They might get by one of the Nashville teams in substate.

West Tenn

I am sorry but until West Tenn. starts winning games outside their area I don't think they deserve the needed props.

I believe that USJ is leaving. I have no idea who will take over the top spot.

East Tenn.

Chatt. Christian looked awesome in their defeat. I think they will remain a beast as they have been a good team for years.

This leaves us CAK, Alcoa and the rest of the Knoxville region. They are still the tops and I think 2 teams will be back in the final four next year.

Chatt. Christian looked awesome in their defeat. I think they will remain a beast as they have been a good team for years.

This leaves us CAK, Alcoa and the rest of the Knoxville region. They are still the tops and I think 2 teams will be back in the final four next year.

I look for CAK, CCS and Alcoa to all be in the state tourney next year. It will be interesting to see who joins them.

With seymour and Aloca gone...it looks to be a battle now with Carter Gibbs Berean...maybe Pigeon Forge...Gibbs will have a new coach so they will be most unknown...Carter loses alot of talent but they always seem to be there, Berean has some holes to fill but have some very promising freshman. This should be a very competetive district again...

I really dont expect much to change from what happened this year. While Alcoa loses a great player in the back (#21?), and also Thompson, they still have many skilled players that will be returning. CAK will be just strong as they always are (I dont know how G continues to do it, but congrats on another state title!), and CCS to be strong again. Those 3 will be the forces of A/AA next year, I believe. I dont know too much about west tennessee, so I'll leave that up to the people who know more than I do about that area.

With seymour and Aloca gone...it looks to be a battle now with Carter Gibbs Berean...maybe Pigeon Forge...Gibbs will have a new coach so they will be most unknown...Carter loses alot of talent but they always seem to be there, Berean has some holes to fill but have some very promising freshman. This should be a very competetive district again...

I believe Carter will have alot of rebuilding to do. I know four seniors leaving for sure.

I would bet on Pigeon Forge and Berean. I believe Gibbs will continue their struggles, though they were young this year.

I see this district turing into the old district Pigeon Forge was in. Somewhat competitive. Once they get to the region Alcoa, CAK, or Loudon will knock them out of the post season. Though if Berean continues to recruit the young middle school aged kids to come to their program they could be CAK in a couple of years.

I think east Tn will still be strong and it will be interesting to see how the districts play out. I'm excited to pick up some new rivalries and I think greeneville can shake things up dropping down. Elizabethton seems to get through to sectionals every year.

Our old district picks up pigeon forge but don't know much about them so I view that one as a toss up. Those teams will all beat each other up. Probably be better than people give them credit for and give teams a run for their money in the regions. I just hope we are there again.

Other parts of the state seem to have usual suspects in: CCS, CPA, Hume Fogg, Madison, Boyd Buc, CSAS

can notre dame rebound after being down? Will Kingsbury shift the landscape?