State recap

intheshadow

it"s funny how everyone from middle tn picks only middle tn teams to repeat or not to repeat to be back to state in 2010. you already have beech and riverdale playing the championship game next year. look at the AAA state champions since 2003: 2003 soddy 2005 red bank 2006 and 2007 soddy 2008 ooltewah i believe that's chattanooga teams. soddy would beat riverdale 2 of every 3 games. if you did not see the sectional you do not know the whole story. soddy hit some bombs against riverdale that would have been out of any other 200 foot fence in the state. i saw at least 3 plus the triple off the top of the 225 foot fence that are home runs. riverdale should be very glad their stae run brought them to soddy lake and that they got to play on their 225 foot fence.

Why is it that most want to back their argument with results from years past? Using this reasoning Ezell-Harding with their 12 championships should be favored. If the team returns everybody from a successful team, then that argument might hold water, but not always. Just ask Beech. As far as the people from the middle expecting the teams from the middle to win, well that's what they are familar with. Those from the far east tried in vain to convince everyone that Unicoi was a great team. Those that had not seen them play did not give them much of a chance, myself included. What did Unicoi do? They proved us all wrong. I also expect those far east fans to pick them to repeat. Most of us in the west, middle, and far east thought that a Chatt team would win the D2 large, which goes against what you claimed They may win it again next year too, but I saw where a couple of others that may challenge them next year. Namely St. Benedict and Baylor. Since you used AAA as your basis for your argument, this west Tn guy is predicting that the state champion for 2010 in the AAA division will come from the Nashville metro area. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> BTW How many Chatt teams made to the Boro this year in AAA?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee County will be losing 5 starters, they should have went much further in the playoffs but I place the blame straight on the coach. I would not look for much out this team for at least the next year or two.

Coffee County has one of the best Coach's in the state, and they won't be down next year, only as good or better. Freshman class was loaded this year, and with Casey and Cheyenne coming back...look out! This program re-loads every year, and hasn't had a down year in recent memory. Maybe we'll get some respect in the Chattanooga area. Only one player from 8-AAA was chosen for the All Midstate Tennessean Team. None from CC. Maybe we are in East TN.

Why is it that most want to back their argument with results from years past? Using this reasoning Ezell-Harding with their 12 championships should be favored. If the team returns everybody from a successful team, then that argument might hold water, but not always. Just ask Beech. As far as the people from the middle expecting the teams from the middle to win, well that's what they are familar with. Those from the far east tried in vain to convince everyone that Unicoi was a great team. Those that had not seen them play did not give them much of a chance, myself included. What did Unicoi do? They proved us all wrong. I also expect those far east fans to pick them to repeat. Most of us in the west, middle, and far east thought that a Chatt team would win the D2 large, which goes against what you claimed They may win it again next year too, but I saw where a couple of others that may challenge them next year. Namely St. Benedict and Baylor. Since you used AAA as your basis for your argument, this west Tn guy is predicting that the state champion for 2010 in the AAA division will come from the Nashville metro area. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> BTW How many Chatt teams made to the Boro this year in AAA?

From Middle it's easy because Siegel, Riverdale and Soddy, all have good pitching going into next year but Riverdale's bull pen is little deeper. I think Rossview and Coffee may fall off a bit due to senior losses.

From the East I like the dark horse in Knox Central, if I'm right I saw some young pitching that could could give them a leg up. The only problem is they really don't face too much competition unless they travel.

Chatanooga area teams while fundamentally sound and good all around are missing that premier pitcher. I may be way off base as I'm not from the area but that was my observation in the Soddy tournament this year.

In other divisions: Goodpasteur dominates but may struggle a bit in the hitting dept., Davidson made some key pick-ups on the infield and their #1 pitcher should be at full health.

From Middle it's easy because Siegel, Riverdale and Soddy, all have good pitching going into next year but Riverdale's bull pen is little deeper. I think Rossview and Coffee may fall off a bit due to senior losses.

From the East I like the dark horse in Knox Central, if I'm right I saw some young pitching that could could give them a leg up. The only problem is they really don't face too much competition unless they travel.

Chatanooga area teams while fundamentally sound and good all around are missing that premier pitcher. I may be way off base as I'm not from the area but that was my observation in the Soddy tournament this year.

In other divisions: Goodpasteur dominates but may struggle a bit in the hitting dept., Davidson made some key pick-ups on the infield and their #1 pitcher should be at full health.

Soddy Daisy has a premier pitcher, Nunley, who will be sophmore. Chatt. Central has an excellent sophmore as well, so look for them to make a strong showing in AA (moved from AAA).

Soddy Daisy has a premier pitcher, Nunley, who will be sophmore. Chatt. Central has an excellent sophmore as well, so look for them to make a strong showing in AA (moved from AAA).

Unicoi has a strong rising Junior pitcher in Kara Woods, although their 4 seniors that graduated all got schollys. So they were a big part of the state champ run, they will miss them.

Coffee County has one of the best Coach's in the state, and they won't be down next year, only as good or better. Freshman class was loaded this year, and with Casey and Cheyenne coming back...look out! This program re-loads every year, and hasn't had a down year in recent memory. Maybe we'll get some respect in the Chattanooga area. Only one player from 8-AAA was chosen for the All Midstate Tennessean Team. None from CC. Maybe we are in East TN.

I think you will have a hard time to find anyone who will buy what you are selling.... outside maybe "Confused" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One of the best coaches in the state???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Were did you go post season outside your district tourney this year when you were senior loaded??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I think you will have a hard time to find anyone who will buy what you are selling.... outside maybe "Confused" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One of the best coaches in the state???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Were did you go post season outside your district tourney this year when you were senior loaded??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Just stating the "facts." Look at the record and who they beat. Lost to a very good Siegal team and should have won. Seniors aren't everything....lost some good ones, but lots of great young players are chomping at the bit to take their place. Don't have to sell anything...those who know, know the truth. With level of talent in Tennesee softball, you have to have a lot of Luck to win state....against a lot of teams at a high level. In the long run, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the games are played on the field. We'll see who KNOWS at the end of next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just stating the "facts." Look at the record and who they beat. Lost to a very good Siegal team and should have won. Seniors aren't everything....lost some good ones, but lots of great young players are chomping at the bit to take their place. Don't have to sell anything...those who know, know the truth. With level of talent in Tennesee softball, you have to have a lot of Luck to win state....against a lot of teams at a high level. In the long run, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the games are played on the field. We'll see who KNOWS at the end of next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Having a great "regular" season record means VERY little! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

But your right since Coach Floyd has taken over the program the motto of the softball program is always.... "Wait till next year" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Having a great "regular" season record means VERY little! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

But your right since Coach Floyd has taken over the program the motto of the softball program is always.... "Wait till next year" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think coach Floyd does a nice job. When did the previous coach take the team to a state title?...That's what I thought...all but one school in each division every year has the same motto... "wait till next year". What was your teams motto after this year?

Hey TBALL... Coffee Co. should be proud to have a coach like coach Floyd.

I think coach Floyd does a nice job. When did the previous coach take the team to a state title?...That's what I thought...all but one school in each division every year has the same motto... "wait till next year". What was your teams motto after this year?

Hey TBALL... Coffee Co. should be proud to have a coach like coach Floyd.

Amen!

Regular season does mean a lot, a poor season can put you in a bad bracket in your district tournament first of all, and can put the team into a slump even good talent can't break.

A lot of teams in the state would like to be winning at the level of Coffee County, and would like to have as strong a program in general. I don't understand the bitterness.