Next Year:AAA (2009-2010)

mightypoweredsnake

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your predictions for next year?

Who are the teams to beat?

Farragut-Returning 9 starters

Brentwood/bearden/riverdale/ravenwood/clarksville/west-All look pretty good for next year

Hows hendersonville looking?

I know they lost some seniors

What do you think will happen?

Hendersonville returns two good forwards ( Reichenberger and Sprouse ), a midfield and a wing starter. They also have two very good ODP players that had limited playing time this season that will make a big difference. They both play forward on the same travel team as Mr. Linder. With Plummer's program this team will be right back in the mix again next season.

These may be the top 4 teams in the state next year!

But only two will make it out of the district.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I dont think so. I agree with bearden,faragut but i know ravenwood, hendersonville, and brentwood will still be really strong from the middle. The west still is looking weak

I heard Farragut will play Northwestern(SC) next year.. They are 1st in the ESPNrise spring rankings... and I am sure 1st in plenty of other spring polls this year.. If the game isn't for sure yet, I am sure they will have a chance to play each other because they are both in the same tournament down in South Carolina. So them playing is a possibility.

I heard Farragut will play Northwestern(SC) next year.. They are 1st in the ESPNrise spring rankings... and I am sure 1st in plenty of other spring polls this year.. If the game isn't for sure yet, I am sure they will have a chance to play each other because they are both in the same tournament down in South Carolina. So them playing is a possibility.

I know I'm going to get heat for this.....But is this the same poll that had Cleveland #5? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I know I'm going to get heat for this.....But is this the same poll that had Cleveland #5? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yes it is.

Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/...009&week=11

In its "final" rankings it had the following Tennessee state championship teams ranked in the top 50 in "spring" soccer.

Christian Brothers-17

CAK-21

Farragut-22

We all know these polls are not scientific. This particular poll only ranks those states that play high school soccer in the fall. ESPN will have another poll for "fall" soccer for states that play high school in the fall.

Having said all of that, I would love to see the Farragut-Northwestern game next year.

Northwestern obviously had a great team this past year.

For example, the state semi-finalist from AAAA in SouthCarolina was named Ft. Mill. Ft. Mill came to the Oak Ridge tournament and beat Christian Brothers 1-0.

Northwestern beat Ft. Mill twice this year, 5-0 and 6-1.

According to their school website, Northwestern went 24-0, scored 147 goals and only gave up 10.

They also had four seniors who all signed D1 scholarships, including one with North Carolina.

Having said all of that about Northwestern, I think they better be ready for Farragut next year. According to the ESPN website, Farragut will be a "lock" to be a pre-season top ten national team.

OK, so it's only "spring" soccer. It's still something the Farragut fans can brag about.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Farragut played Northwestern in the championship match of the same tournament back in 2006... Northwestern won 10-1.

Also 3 of the 5 state champs from South Carolina will be in the tournament. Northwestern (4A), Bishop England (2A), and Christ Church (1A).... other teams in the tournament so far... all from South Carolina are...

From 4A

Fort Mill

Spring Valley

Wando

From 3A

Brookland-Cayce

Chapin

From 2A

Walhalla

From SCISA

Cardinal Newman

Sounds to me like they have a great tournament down there.

• 4 months later...