Next Year:AAA (2009-2010)

mightypoweredsnake

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence will have a great defense, but not sure how much fire power they will have up top compared to Brentwood and Ravenwood.

Brentwood will be strong again with much of their offense coming back especially up top. They lost most of their starting defenders but expect they'll reload. Ravenwood has a young team with many returning underclassman that contributed last year. They'll be very strong in the middle as both Saunders and Linder will be back.

Thoughts on Catholic? I know last season was a disappointment (yes, Alcoa was a great team, but not even making it to state means it was a disappointing season). BigG? (Now that Catholic's in AAA you don't have to use coach-speak anymore)

Ha ha! I always have to use "coach speak", but I get your point.

Catholic will always be competitive. Tyler will be hard to replace though, he was such a dynamic player. I think Catholic will do well, but unfortunately, they are in the D.O.D. (district of death) with 3-4 other state contenders (Maryville, West, Bearden, and Farragut). One problem that Catholic might face is that while their 11 might be as talented at the above teams 11, being on the small side of AAA, their depth might not be as deep, so they will have to be in great shape.

Farragut (unless something unforeseen occurs) should come out on top (though we know that crazy things happen). Then you have 4 other fantastic teams battling it out for the #2 spot. All 5 of those teams are state finalist talent.

• 4 weeks later...
Farragut played Northwestern in the championship match of the same tournament back in 2006... Northwestern won 10-1.

Also 3 of the 5 state champs from South Carolina will be in the tournament. Northwestern (4A), Bishop England (2A), and Christ Church (1A).... other teams in the tournament so far... all from South Carolina are...

From 4A

Fort Mill

Spring Valley

Wando

From 3A

Brookland-Cayce

Chapin

From 2A

Walhalla

From SCISA

Cardinal Newman

Sounds to me like they have a great tournament down there.

I started on the 2006 Farragut squad that played against Northwestern in this tournament. We struggled with the much larger field compared to the football field we played on at home. Also, the Northwestern players were freaks of nature. They were really good.

• 1 month later...

If Farragut plays Northwestern in the Palmetto Cup this year it will be a very evenly matched game. Northwestern was ranked #1 on ESPN with only 4 seniors last year. I don't know how much of an impact NW's class of 10' had, but Farragut's class of 10' played a big role in last year's team. Does anybody know what NW's senior class looks like? I wouldn't be surprised if Farragut came away with a win against these guys.