west greene buffaloes a new team new year

Well at least you county fans can enjoy a good show by the band, cause everyone knows there won't be much of a game to watch. I mean c'mon AFAN, you need to come back down to reality and realize that these county schools were done when we changed conferences.

I love it that GHS is so confident. It will make a county win even sweeter. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok il put it like this"NO COUNTY SCHOOL WOULD HAVE WON A GAME WHERE G-VILLE PLAYED LAST YEAR"

also as for history im not talking about 10-20 year ago im talking about now. the 09 devils will dominate Greene county.

The county teams are in a better position of winning against GHS than they have been in a long time. WG will probably have as many players on the sideline as Greeneville. They have a whole new attitude and a former Greeneville coach. SG is loaded as well and hungry for win #2 against the Devils. I hope you guys continue to think it's in the bag this season while the county teams are having 2-a-days. Don't forget sweetie, history has a way of repeating its self. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The county teams are in a better position of winning against GHS than they have been in a long time. WG will probably have as many players on the sideline as Greeneville. They have a whole new attitude and a former Greeneville coach. SG is loaded as well and hungry for win #2 against the Devils. I hope you guys continue to think it's in the bag this season while the county teams are having 2-a-days. Don't forget sweetie, history has a way of repeating its self. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well if history repeats itself, then chances are that GHS will will against the county school. GHS history is 14-0 against the Black Knights, 3-0 against the once know Mosheim High, and 16-1 against South Greene. So your take on history repeating itself doesn't hold much water.

Like I've said SG is the county school that will come the closest to GHS. As for WG they may have as many players on the sidelines as GHS, but 140lb players don't cut it. I would venture to say that not only will GHS roll WG, SG will too. GHS's defense will be amazing, they only lost 3 seniors, plus they had 2 freshmen starting on the d-line. I will agree with one of your statements, and that's about WG's coach. Joe's done an amazing job with what he has to work with. Neither the talent or the size is there. Thanks for playing though!

Just a laugh for history's sake:

SG vs GHS:

1979 9/7 Won Greeneville 19-6

1980 9/5 Won Greeneville 12-0

1981 9/4 Won Greeneville 15-0

1982 9/3 Won Greeneville 17-0

1983 9/2 Won Greeneville 28-20

1984 9/7 Lost Greeneville 0-7

1985 8/30 Won Greeneville 28-7

1986 8/29 Won Greeneville 40-14

1988 8/26 Won Greeneville 36-6

1989 9/1 Won Greeneville 33-6

1990 8/31 Won Greeneville 39-0

1991 9/6 Won Greeneville 42-9

1992 9/4 Won Greeneville 33-7

1993 9/3 Won Greeneville 40-6

1994 9/2 Won Greeneville 48-0

1997 10/24 Won Greeneville 33-6

Mosheim

Games: 3

(3-0)

1930 Won Greeneville 66-6

1931 9/22 Won Greeneville 25-0

1932 10/21 Won Greeneville 19-0

Chuckey-Doak

Games: 14

(14-0)

1987 10/31 Won Greeneville 28-13

1988 10/28 Won Greeneville 10-8

1989 11/3 Won Greeneville 28-0

1990 11/2 Won Greeneville 20-0

1991 11/8 Won Greeneville 35-20

1992 11/6 Won Greeneville 23-13

1993 9/17 Won Greeneville 27-6

1994 9/16 Won Greeneville 48-0

1997 8/29 Won Greeneville 47-0

1998 8/28 Won Greeneville 35-12

1999 8/27 Won Greeneville 62-6

2000 8/25 Won Greeneville 42-0

2001 8/24 Won Tusculum 28-0

2002 8/30 Won Greeneville 56-6

1998 10/23 Won Greeneville 42-0

So all this talk about history really doesn't help your arguement! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just a laugh for history's sake:

SG vs GHS:

1979 9/7 Won Greeneville 19-6

1980 9/5 Won Greeneville 12-0

1981 9/4 Won Greeneville 15-0

1982 9/3 Won Greeneville 17-0

1983 9/2 Won Greeneville 28-20

1984 9/7 Lost Greeneville 0-7

1985 8/30 Won Greeneville 28-7

1986 8/29 Won Greeneville 40-14

1988 8/26 Won Greeneville 36-6

1989 9/1 Won Greeneville 33-6

1990 8/31 Won Greeneville 39-0

1991 9/6 Won Greeneville 42-9

1992 9/4 Won Greeneville 33-7

1993 9/3 Won Greeneville 40-6

1994 9/2 Won Greeneville 48-0

1997 10/24 Won Greeneville 33-6

Mosheim

Games: 3

(3-0)

1930 Won Greeneville 66-6

1931 9/22 Won Greeneville 25-0

1932 10/21 Won Greeneville 19-0

Chuckey-Doak

Games: 14

(14-0)

1987 10/31 Won Greeneville 28-13

1988 10/28 Won Greeneville 10-8

1989 11/3 Won Greeneville 28-0

1990 11/2 Won Greeneville 20-0

1991 11/8 Won Greeneville 35-20

1992 11/6 Won Greeneville 23-13

1993 9/17 Won Greeneville 27-6

1994 9/16 Won Greeneville 48-0

1997 8/29 Won Greeneville 47-0

1998 8/28 Won Greeneville 35-12

1999 8/27 Won Greeneville 62-6

2000 8/25 Won Greeneville 42-0

2001 8/24 Won Tusculum 28-0

2002 8/30 Won Greeneville 56-6

1998 10/23 Won Greeneville 42-0

So all this talk about history really doesn't help your arguement! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

mr jones you said it right all the players on the sideline for WG cant help the 11 on the field when the score gets ugly. oh and it will get UGLY...

1. The stadium stuff isnt really anythin the football players can help in the county... they dont have Niswonger funding their stuff.

2. While SG may be the most competitive against Greeneville, they arent really expected to because the were only 25 students from single A this year.. so technically Greeneville is almost twice the size of SG.. so in this case SG winning against Greeneville will be even sweeter! Furthermore any county team winning will be sweeter!

3. Talking bout how much stronger Greeneville is than the county schools... First of all look at the difference in facilities... Second it may not be the case due to the fact that West Greene lineman won the Big Man Competition in Abington which DB, TN High and other schools participated in. WG won by 1.5 points over DB to be exact.

Lastly, Greeneville may beat all the county schools this year or they may not, but the thing is just because they're in AA dont mean they suddenly became a powerhouse without playin a game. Its not a cake walk and they will find out. IF im wrong then go them but i just think Greeneville ppl should not thing they are above all the county schools. GREENEVILLE IS AA NOW JUS LIKE THE REST OF GREENE COUNTY!

1. The stadium stuff isnt really anythin the football players can help in the county... they dont have Niswonger funding their stuff.

2. While SG may be the most competitive against Greeneville, they arent really expected to because the were only 25 students from single A this year.. so technically Greeneville is almost twice the size of SG.. so in this case SG winning against Greeneville will be even sweeter! Furthermore any county team winning will be sweeter!

3. Talking bout how much stronger Greeneville is than the county schools... First of all look at the difference in facilities... Second it may not be the case due to the fact that West Greene lineman won the Big Man Competition in Abington which DB, TN High and other schools participated in. WG won by 1.5 points over DB to be exact.

Lastly, Greeneville may beat all the county schools this year or they may not, but the thing is just because they're in AA dont mean they suddenly became a powerhouse without playin a game. Its not a cake walk and they will find out. IF im wrong then go them but i just think Greeneville ppl should not thing they are above all the county schools. GREENEVILLE IS AA NOW JUS LIKE THE REST OF GREENE COUNTY!

So do you honestly think any of the county schools could move up to the conference Greeneville has just come from and have the success GHS had. NO WAY!!!!! So that fact in itself plus the history I provided earlier kind of makes Greeneville a powerhouse in AA. Unless there's some drastic change in the county's programs, history will repeat itself again and again. I think it was SG that played little 'ol David Crockett and got drilled, maybe even blanked last year, while GHS blasted them 42-14. As of right now none of your guys post hold any water!!! There all laughable dreams! By the way spell check works wonders.

So do you honestly think any of the county schools could move up to the conference Greeneville has just come from and have the success GHS had. NO WAY!!!!! So that fact in itself plus the history I provided earlier kind of makes Greeneville a powerhouse in AA. Unless there's some drastic change in the county's programs, history will repeat itself again and again. I think it was SG that played little 'ol David Crockett and got drilled, maybe even blanked last year, while GHS blasted them 42-14. As of right now none of your guys post hold any water!!! There all laughable dreams! By the way spell check works wonders.

Yeah last year they were better... maybe?... Honestly you can not base anything on the performance of 2 teams against a team. There are too many contributing factors...BUT that was last year not this year. I never said a county school would beat Greeneville, Im just saying it would quiet down the Greeneville arrogance. Seriously, I was told by a Greeneville player that they would beat Alcoa in playoffs no problem. Im here to tell you there are more AA teams in Knoxville than Alcoa that would give Greeneville a fit. A county team may not beat Greenville but when they play teams in playoffs they WILL realize AA is not gonna be as easy as they think. An instant powerhouse huh? Same thing was said bout Gatlinburg Pitman and aside from the first year or two Sg played them close and beat them 42 to 6 the first time they were beat at home in a few years. So history in a different class does not necessarily make them a powerhouse. Let this season decide where they stand in AA not all the talk hyping them up. In my opinion from what I've seen, Greeneville High is OVERRATED this year!

Yeah last year they were better... maybe?... Honestly you can not base anything on the performance of 2 teams against a team. There are too many contributing factors...BUT that was last year not this year. I never said a county school would beat Greeneville, Im just saying it would quiet down the Greeneville arrogance. Seriously, I was told by a Greeneville player that they would beat Alcoa in playoffs no problem. Im here to tell you there are more AA teams in Knoxville than Alcoa that would give Greeneville a fit. A county team may not beat Greenville but when they play teams in playoffs they WILL realize AA is not gonna be as easy as they think. An instant powerhouse huh? Same thing was said bout Gatlinburg Pitman and aside from the first year or two Sg played them close and beat them 42 to 6 the first time they were beat at home in a few years. So history in a different class does not necessarily make them a powerhouse. Let this season decide where they stand in AA not all the talk hyping them up. In my opinion from what I've seen, Greeneville High is OVERRATED this year!

So where does that put the county teams when they get crushed by an "overrated" GHS?

So where does that put the county teams when they get crushed by an "overrated" GHS?

It wouldn't be that big of a blow to thier ego, it has happened before. If one of they county teams beat GHS , especially with thier over-confident attudes, it would CRUSH them. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yeah greeneville don't work at all they just go through the whole summer with no practice or anything ........ NOT.... the greeneville kids go to hard work every day at 730 just so when all the trash talkin comes to the feild the county teams will get shut up oh and btw south greene don't talk hardly any trash and they will probably beat west greene... oh and greeneville gettin murdered by crocket? crocket did not score on greeneville's first team D period. All the trash talking from especially WG is just feuling the fire for the greene devils. some one told me even chucky doak was trash talkin a bunch of the greeneville players that were watchin the 7 on 7 between SG and CD. i mean are you serious? every one can talk trash but only the guys that are 4A conference champs and 4th round playoffs have the experience that it takes on friday nights. i'm not judgin the greene devil's team by last year's performance but only two seniors are gone from last year's first D. and i garuntee the county teams do not have two a days right now anyway