Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

I know why they weren't hired. I also know the job was set for Cox and Young two weeks ago. Not trying to be mean, but identity and political lesson not needed. It doesn't change the JUNK YARD hiring tactics the Houston County School System is using against their former students, athletes, volunteers, and employees.

My sources said it was Young's job if he wanted it...He didn't, and honestly I dont blame him..The talent is better on the girls side right now anyhow....coach Cox will do a good job, if given the oppurtunity...Wll he assist Coach young on the girls side, and does anyone know who got the ath. director postition?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources said it was Young's job if he wanted it...He didn't, and honestly I dont blame him..The talent is better on the girls side right now anyhow....coach Cox will do a good job, if given the oppurtunity...Wll he assist Coach young on the girls side, and does anyone know who got the ath. director postition?

I'm assuming the Bruce lady will remain the girl's assistant and haven't heard about the AD position. It wouldn't surprise me if Mark Beal didn't end up with that title.

I think if you reread what i said the entire time, now that the hire is made, and think about it, you would agree with more....The three things that I said that most of the parents disagreed with were...1. scott moore was not the most qualified applicant INTERESTED in the job....1 girls district title(and first round region loss) with the best girls team that HC has had in 20 years , does not make you more qualified than everyone...2. Being a Houston Coutian and having the support of the players and players parents does not make u the most qualified...3. That Politics would decide this job rather u wanted them to or not(never said it was right or wrong....just said IT would...(and it did) happen.....

Now I am going to say something else that will probably make you mad.....Respecting the players will be through making them succeed with hard work....Being mad and not respecting the coach will do nothing but hurt your sons chances at a successful high school career....Because even if you do get them fired more than likely it will take a few years(judging by HC past)..And your kid will be gone anyhow...

Also Cale I think that is a good attitude to have about your new coach..Believe in him until he gives you something to not believe...Then question it...But never stop believing

Ummm, I dont have a son that plays, there you go typing again without knowing the facts.

and no one said they team was going to try and get him fired, that would be stupid, and the boys are not that. They just want to play ball.

Speaking of politics, when was the boys assistant job posted? Can they hire coach Young without posting it? I never saw this job posted on the boards website. I don't see how this move can help the girls program. He can't win with the girls now, so he is going to devote time to the boys program. Ms. Jolly may feel more comfortable with these two but the reality of it is, You have two inexperienced coaches running Houston County basketball and this is not good for the student athletes. Of course they will have some success thanks to other coaches that have coached these players.

I think if you reread what i said the entire time, now that the hire is made, and think about it, you would agree with more....The three things that I said that most of the parents disagreed with were...1. scott moore was not the most qualified applicant INTERESTED in the job....1 girls district title(and first round region loss) with the best girls team that HC has had in 20 years , does not make you more qualified than everyone...2. Being a Houston Coutian and having the support of the players and players parents does not make u the most qualified...3. That Politics would decide this job rather u wanted them to or not(never said it was right or wrong....just said IT would...(and it did) happen.....

Now I am going to say something else that will probably make you mad.....Respecting the players will be through making them succeed with hard work....Being mad and not respecting the coach will do nothing but hurt your sons chances at a successful high school career....Because even if you do get them fired more than likely it will take a few years(judging by HC past)..And your kid will be gone anyhow...

Also Cale I think that is a good attitude to have about your new coach..Believe in him until he gives you something to not believe...Then question it...But never stop believing

You really are an idiot!!! It is so funny to read about what you "think" you know.

BK does know

First of all I am from Houston County and I am proud of it regardless of what happens.Scott is a good coach and would have done a good job but he did not get the job and everyone knows why.I strongly encourage everyone to set aside their anger and bias and support the new coach.I do not know him or anything about him and I hope that he is as good as I have been told.I don't even know his first name or what schools he was at prior to now.The prevailing theme in many of these posts was that they should hire from within no matter what.Are you people SERIOUS?Houston County is one of the smallest counties in the state and I can only think of TWO graduates that I would want to coach my team,and they might be the only ones that went to college and went into education that would be capable of leading a program.Please don't be shortsighted and dismiss all "OUTSIDERS",that sounds like you yearn for the glorious 1950's,there is a big world outside of Houston County and thousands of great basketball coaches.

First of all I am from Houston County and I am proud of it regardless of what happens.Scott is a good coach and would have done a good job but he did not get the job and everyone knows why.I strongly encourage everyone to set aside their anger and bias and support the new coach.I do not know him or anything about him and I hope that he is as good as I have been told.I don't even know his first name or what schools he was at prior to now.The prevailing theme in many of these posts was that they should hire from within no matter what.Are you people SERIOUS?Houston County is one of the smallest counties in the state and I can only think of TWO graduates that I would want to coach my team,and they might be the only ones that went to college and went into education that would be capable of leading a program.Please don't be shortsighted and dismiss all "OUTSIDERS",that sounds like you yearn for the glorious 1950's,there is a big world outside of Houston County and thousands of great basketball coaches.

Grendal, I highly respect your opinion, and have from the first post of yours I read. But HC's policy is to hire within b4 going outside, its in writing. Thats why people kept saying that. The only loophole is if the person wanting to move within the system is needed more at the job they already have. And the reason people have been upset is this is the second major hire Ms Jolly has made from her previous employer. They are wondering if this is going to be ongoing, all HC alumni to be ignored for people she has worked with b4. Thats what all the hoopla is about. We all knew that Scott wouldn't get the job, because the system failed his child and he did what any parent on here would of done. They expected him, because he was admin, to keep it hush hush, like alot of things that happen here, but he didnt. So, like small children, they will continue to punish him. These are the people in charge of our children. It's sad.

As to the new coach, the boys will play because they love the game. They will do what he asks them to, because they love the game. If he expects respect, then he in turn has to give respect. They are good boys, who will play hard for him, as long as he treats them right. We shall see what happens, I think if he doesn't give them a winning season with the talent he has available, they will put him on the road. JMO

Grendal, I highly respect your opinion, and have from the first post of yours I read. But HC's policy is to hire within b4 going outside, its in writing. Thats why people kept saying that. The only loophole is if the person wanting to move within the system is needed more at the job they already have. And the reason people have been upset is this is the second major hire Ms Jolly has made from her previous employer. They are wondering if this is going to be ongoing, all HC alumni to be ignored for people she has worked with b4. Thats what all the hoopla is about. We all knew that Scott wouldn't get the job, because the system failed his child and he did what any parent on here would of done. They expected him, because he was admin, to keep it hush hush, like alot of things that happen here, but he didnt. So, like small children, they will continue to punish him. These are the people in charge of our children. It's sad.

As to the new coach, the boys will play because they love the game. They will do what he asks them to, because they love the game. If he expects respect, then he in turn has to give respect. They are good boys, who will play hard for him, as long as he treats them right. We shall see what happens, I think if he doesn't give them a winning season with the talent he has available, they will put him on the road. JMO

Are they returning everyone that they should?Why did Cooksey not go to camp and who played well this summer?What is the prevailing opinion on the progression of the Skelton kid,will he step up big?What school was Coach Cox at before he was hired?

I am just glad that Houston County is getting a quality coach. The girls team had a quality year from what they had the previous year with a new coach. Good luck Houston County!!

Ummm, I dont have a son that plays, there you go typing again without knowing the facts.

and no one said they team was going to try and get him fired, that would be stupid, and the boys are not that. They just want to play ball.

i agree with you scott moore is the best coach i have ever played for and will be regardless, and mrs jolly is bringing in everyone she worked with from clarksville before you know it the whole system will be from northwest, and then she might start bringing in the students from there i mean y not? she is bringing in everyone else from their.