Where will David Brainerd players land

buc55

With the closing of David Brainerd, how will this effect other area teams. I know it will be tough for their scheduled opponent to schedule games now.

If schools can not schedule another game in its place then they can declare the D. Brainerd game a forfeit.

The players will have to apply for a hardship with the TSSAA if they want to participate at another school. There should be no problem getting it approved.

I would say alot of the players will land back at the public schools they are zoned for. I know a couple players who are zoned for Central were there yesterday afternoon to get enrolled in school and talk to the coaches about joining the team and what to do to get their hardships filed. It is a tough situation for all involved and I especially feell bad for the teachers and coaches who have lost jobs and are looking this late in the year. Good luck to all involved.

If schools can not schedule another game in its place then they can declare the D. Brainerd game a forfeit.

The players will have to apply for a hardship with the TSSAA if they want to participate at another school. There should be no problem getting it approved.

It's got to be hard for the would be Seniors

This comes as a shock to me. My heart goes out to the David Brainerd players, parents and staff. We made the trip to Chattanooga last year and played them in their first night home game. We really enjoyed the trip and all the DB folks treated us first class.

Hopefully the players will be able to transfer into other programs and continue playing.

Best of luck to the David Brainerd community.

This comes as a shock to me. My heart goes out to the David Brainerd players, parents and staff. We made the trip to Chattanooga last year and played them in their first night home game. We really enjoyed the trip and all the DB folks treated us first class.

Hopefully the players will be able to transfer into other programs and continue playing.

Best of luck to the David Brainerd community.

It was a shock to all of the Chattanooga community, including myself, a long time supporter of the school since day one. I'm inclined to believe there is more to the story than just low enrollment. It's amazing how we could go from record enrollment (235+) to this. Fortunately, my son graduated and will be continuing his football career in college. My heart goes out to the upcoming Seniors and coaches/staff. That will be a difficult transition no matter where they end up.