Magnet School

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need for a stupid miltiplier, they should be placed in D2 with the private schools.

We don't want them. They recruit too well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously, we have lost two players in the last two years that were signed up for our private school to the same magnet school. Seems that no matter where they end up on the so-called waiting list, they are told early enough in the summer that they are in so they can go ahead and start practicing with team.

Privates can get players from anywhere, and Magnet schools can draw from across any school zone in their area. You have a great basketball player for a son, and you live in Jackson. Are you going to send him to Southside, JCM Northside or are you going to try and get him into Liberty? Liberty is cleaner and safer and they have a great program with Coach Williams. This gives them an unfair conpetitive advantage and the multiplier would help by making them play in a higher class. Dont believe the "lottery" is anygood either. Athletes mus get moved to the top of the draw.

Privates can get players from anywhere, and Magnet schools can draw from across any school zone in their area. You have a great basketball player for a son, and you live in Jackson. Are you going to send him to Southside, JCM Northside or are you going to try and get him into Liberty? Liberty is cleaner and safer and they have a great program with Coach Williams. This gives them an unfair conpetitive advantage and the multiplier would help by making them play in a higher class. Dont believe the "lottery" is anygood either. Athletes mus get moved to the top of the draw.

All of this posting about Privates and Magnets concerning athletes are going to dissappear so when tax rates and appraisals start hitting the news wires and the subject is truly going to be the cost of sending to Private Schools and the tax rate of the County they are in. It appears to this poster that there is going to be a double tax increase whn you consider both and for those who see an assessment and an increase in taxes for services and the downturn in the economy. And when you see the increase in gasoline and travel, some interesting decisions will have to made. Strain on the aide butget may get tight and decisions for athletes going to privates strictly for that, finding the economic situation requiring them to transfer back to publics and have to reapply again for aide is a reality. Look at David Brainard up at Knoxville.

Corrections, retractions, does Hargis ever get a post right. These doomsday predictions about private schools is certainly in line with alot of his other posts and his hidden desire for there to be no Div II. But never fear, times will get better and everything will be okay, we will survive. Not everyone, but most will survive to thrive another day. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Corrections, retractions, does Hargis ever get a post right. These doomsday predictions about private schools is certainly in line with alot of his other posts and his hidden desire for there to be no Div II. But never fear, times will get better and everything will be okay, we will survive. Not everyone, but most will survive to thrive another day. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

St, what does the ST stand for. Evidently some of your "friends" know at JPII. Why are you constantly correcting posts those you are posting with? Is that what you consider the Ryan way? Look on this thread and you will even see others who think that separating Div's might not be best in the long run but evidently it might be the ST way. Yes, its absolutely right I believe there should be only one Division. if it wasn't so important as far as athletics why do you have to enumerate all of the superlatives the athletic teams at Ryan have accomplished just in athletics this year yet when any other school mentions it, the ST correction stamp comes out. ST, you shouldn't be so defensive over your schools accomplishments. You,for sure , are not perfect yourself and only alienate those you post with and those who read your posts.. If you are trying to get attention, to quote one of your friends at JPII, it only shows your immaturity so the ST certainly is not something you might think it shows. Just go back and re read that posters post. You certainly did not agree with it then and when anyone posts something you disagree with who ever it is the ST stamp comes out again. There is a pattern there and continues to be one. ST does not mean you are always right nor what you say is right. And now I guess you are against magnets. I do have to agree with your last two sentences. No one is happy when any schools close because real people are affected and yes. things will get better. It's very likely Catholic Schools will not be affected because of the way they are financed. Those really are the only ones you know about.

St, what does the ST stand for. Evidently some of your "friends" know at JPII. Why are you constantly correcting posts those you are posting with? Is that what you consider the Ryan way? Look on this thread and you will even see others who think that separating Div's might not be best in the long run but evidently it might be the ST way. Yes, its absolutely right I believe there should be only one Division. if it wasn't so important as far as athletics why do you have to enumerate all of the superlatives the athletic teams at Ryan have accomplished just in athletics this year yet when any other school mentions it, the ST correction stamp comes out. ST, you shouldn't be so defensive over your schools accomplishments. You,for sure , are not perfect yourself and only alienate those you post with and those who read your posts.. If you are trying to get attention, to quote one of your friends at JPII, it only shows your immaturity so the ST certainly is not something you might think it shows. Just go back and re read that posters post. You certainly did not agree with it then and when anyone posts something you disagree with who ever it is the ST stamp comes out again. There is a pattern there and continues to be one. ST does not mean you are always right nor what you say is right. And now I guess you are against magnets. I do have to agree with your last two sentences. No one is happy when any schools close because real people are affected and yes. things will get better. It's very likely Catholic Schools will not be affected because of the way they are financed. Those really are the only ones you know about.

My good sir, you have absolutely no idea what I know or don't know. I have some idea about you due to all the incorrect or inaccurate posts that you do. The only poster I have corrected in any way is you. You are so wrong that someone has to do it. As to the ST, I have absolutely no idea of what you mean. Once again, you have guessed wrong, just as you guessed wrong on most of your predictions in any sport. As to a pattern, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. No member on Coach T sets a better pattern than you, most other posters know what you will say before you say it. Finally, let me state one more time, you of all people have no knowledge of what I know, who I know or anything about me. I generally respond to a poster who have posted derogatory comments as to DIV II in the past, most especially to any poster who doesn't seem to realize when or how they do that. As to posting of the accomplishments of Ryan, I will continue to do that from time to time. There is alot to be proud of. I know that sticks in your craw, but thats just tough. As to your statement that I am against magnets, I believe that you are the only person that believes that. No where in my post did I state or imply that. What does that tell you? You need to get more advise from someone before you start drawing these ridiculous conclusions. One other thing, I believe you have visited my info site ten times more than any other poster, why would anyone do that that already knows everything about a poster. If I were you I would be more concerned with helping the Seagull girls work the concession stand this fall. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> PS try and not compare any post between me and you as even closely resembling posts between myself and anybody else. There is a difference. Oh and be the way, I thought you were not going to respond to any more of my posts, youuuuuuuuuu forgotttttttttttttt.