Clarkrange gets 7 new "transfers" in 2 years

How many girls lost a spot on the team? I am sure no other team in the state of Tennessee has 7 new players this year? The rules are set and clear, if you do not like what happens in Clarkrange or anywhere else, talk to TSSAA. Like you said above... enough really is enough? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck trying to talk to the TSSaA..if it's not about money..they're not interested..!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why everyone should get over it already. Just let the kids play. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You're right..I'm not putting Clarkrange down or saying they're doing anything illegal..Just the stupid rules that allow players go to any school at the start of their freshmen years..Plus..Going to really be a State championship earned when someone ..if someone does beat Clarkrange..Not have a whole team just decide come play ball..Most of us have play girls that are zoned for their particular school..The only thing I can't figure out is..if the girls from York are that talented..good enough as freshmen..why would they want to go to Clarkrange..I know I've read about the great coach..but why not stay at York and make them a winner....I know Bradford is in the same county as Gibson Co..not far away..and Gibson Co won the State last year and is loaded again this year..but I'd just about bet none of the girls from Bradford would go to Gibson Co to play ball..!

Looking at all your posts it seems that you are one of the many that has jumped on the CR bandwagon. your first post was the one about the JC game at CR. either way it doesn't surprise me one bit to see another derogatory and degrading post coming from a Clarkrange fan it seems to be the norm for there. Some of the nastiest people on coacht live in that little town. Now back to the topic.

Why do you just not drop this,just because your school has been turned down by a few players,you need to get over it.

You're right..I'm not putting Clarkrange down or saying they're doing anything illegal..Just the stupid rules that allow players go to any school at the start of their freshmen years..Plus..Going to really be a State championship earned when someone ..if someone does beat Clarkrange..Not have a whole team just decide come play ball..Most of us have play girls that are zoned for their particular school..The only thing I can't figure out is..if the girls from York are that talented..good enough as freshmen..why would they want to go to Clarkrange..I know I've read about the great coach..but why not stay at York and make them a winner....I know Bradford is in the same county as Gibson Co..not far away..and Gibson Co won the State last year and is loaded again this year..but I'd just about bet none of the girls from Bradford would go to Gibson Co to play ball..!

Come on mrbigster, just let it go. Nothing illegal is happening. The orignal poster that started this thread started it with complete deceit in mind. There is no zone in Fentress County. These girls going to Clarkrange as freshmen are coming from 4 different schools in Fentress County. If York, a state funded school which makes me unsure of how much the county board of education has a say so as far as athletics etc., would act like they cared about athletics as they do politics I would about guarantee Carly would have probably stayed and a few (maybe half) of the 5-6 incoming freshman would go there as well. York has always competed well in district 7-AA (and you know how tough that district is) and could have done better IMO some years have not lost that many kids to CR...Alot of the good talent has went to York and chose not to play at all. From what I gather its getting worse. So you can't blame these kids that want to play and earn what they get by going to CR and as far as playing time(s)....these kids have played against one another and with another since 4th-5th grade, so its not like no one knows each other and I am sure they already know who is better than who by the time high school rolls around or at least who is as good as who. So let the work begin!

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE BRADFORD GIRLS. THEY FACE A TOUGH SEASON WITH ALL THEY HAVE LOST YET THEY WOULD NOT GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL. IT IS A PRIDE THING THAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Come on mrbigster, just let it go. Nothing illegal is happening. The orignal poster that started this thread started it with complete deceit in mind. There is no zone in Fentress County. These girls going to Clarkrange as freshmen are coming from 4 different schools in Fentress County. If York, a state funded school which makes me unsure of how much the county board of education has a say so as far as athletics etc., would act like they cared about athletics as they do politics I would about guarantee Carly would have probably stayed and a few (maybe half) of the 5-6 incoming freshman would go there as well. York has always competed well in district 7-AA (and you know how tough that district is) and could have done better IMO some years have not lost that many kids to CR...Alot of the good talent has went to York and chose not to play at all. From what I gather its getting worse. So you can't blame these kids that want to play and earn what they get by going to CR and as far as playing time(s)....these kids have played against one another and with another since 4th-5th grade, so its not like no one knows each other and I am sure they already know who is better than who by the time high school rolls around or at least who is as good as who. So let the work begin!

Great post Big Daddy,original poster has had his feeling hurt and needs to get over it.

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE BRADFORD GIRLS. THEY FACE A TOUGH SEASON WITH ALL THEY HAVE LOST YET THEY WOULD NOT GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL. IT IS A PRIDE THING THAT SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I understand pride completely and love it....but knowing circumstances, one shouldn't cut their nose off to spite their face either. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If I am an average player, and am a starter, I will be unselfish enough to do whatever it takes to make my team win. If we have 15 new players, and I have to carry towels and water (which I have done before,) I will proudly do it to win. If you are a competitor, you will work to win. CR will show that this year. I cant wait, I will even travel 20+ miles this year to watch them play the Devils in the reg. season, and hope that for all the crying that has happened, they blow them away.

I am sorry that I ever said anything about the JC situation two years ago. I was very critical of comments that the Leonard family made in the Tennessean. Like I have said, I was more bitter about the competition than anything.lol I deserve all this bad talk, but I do not think the kids deserve having their team trashed because I ran my mouth.

mrbigster- you have made some good points, but I think it would be hard for TSSAA to enforce inter-county school zones.

MIDTNSPORTSFAN - this is your last warning. You have made your point and I respect your right to be upset, but drop it......or your mouth is gonna finally get you in some trouble. You are an embarrassement to most everyone on here, including your own JC faithful. You will accomplish nothing thru your attempt to degrade our team.

This thread should be closed.

You're right..I even said in my post that I don't think Clarkrange is doing anything illegal..Must be some bad things happening at York to make that many students go to another school..even a powerhouse..But like daround ball said in the post below ..in reply to my saying that I just about bet no player from Bradford would go to Gibson Co to play ball..Bradford has been a Single A power ..have a great player in Molly Wallsmith..she could probably move a few miles to go to Gibson Co..have a great chance to win a state championship..But ..like Daroundball said..it's a pride thing in their communities..I'm just wondering the difference.. You kinda touched on things at York..basically that's really what I was wanting a reply from York and Clarkrange fans..are the freshman girls good enough to come in and take the juniors and seniors spots..If they are..why would they leave York ..Seems like they would want to stay and make their school and community proud..And maybe beat Clarkrange..You touched on that as far as some things going on at York..But..if the freshman girls aren't good enough to take the older girls spots..why would they want to leave and sit on the bench..It's all good Big Daddy..Clarkrange will probably be the team to beat again this coming year..but I expect Lake Co to be improved..and the following year..T.T. Flowers junior and senior years ..maybe make a push for the Gold ball..they may not..but I'm expecting a push..with all girls from Lake Co..but I wouldn't mind being in Clarkrange's shoes to maybe get star players from another area..Lake Co doesn't have schools close by..Central and maybe Gulton Co are maybe within 20 to thirty minutes..They have a few I'd love to have..but Lake Co seems to have a lot of talent..young talent being mostly sophomores and a good looking freshman coming up as well this year..plus a couple more that will be 8th graders on this years middle school team..I got a felling that Lake Co and Clarkrange and Carly and T.T. will be seeing each other down the road..!

I am sorry that I ever said anything about the JC situation two years ago. I was very critical of comments that the Leonard family made in the Tennessean. Like I have said, I was more bitter about the competition than anything.lol I deserve all this bad talk, but I do not think the kids deserve having their team trashed because I ran my mouth.

mrbigster- you have made some good points, but I think it would be hard for TSSAA to enforce inter-county school zones.

MIDTNSPORTSFAN - this is your last warning. You have made your point and I respect your right to be upset, but drop it......or your mouth is gonna finally get you in some trouble. You are an embarrassement to most everyone on here, including your own JC faithful. You will accomplish nothing thru your attempt to degrade our team.

This thread should be closed.

You're right..As far as Clarkrange and York..at least they are in the same county..I can come closer to accepting that than letting kids drive to another county..At least the TSSAA shiould keep that from happening..I just don't think it's right for a kid to go to another school that he or she is not zoned..Yall say there isn't a zone..I believe Dyer Co and Dyersburg has the same situation but I believe the schools themselves have an agreement that kids in the city limits go to Dyerburg and the kids in the county go to Dyer Co..I just think if a kid lives across the street from York or a mile or so..and if they live 5 miles from Clarkrange..that kid should be going to York..But..the TSSAA rules allow players from all over the state to go anywhere as freshman..so that's just how the system is..I'm sure Bradfrod would love to have T.T. Flowers and Carnation Hart in their lineup to go along with Molly Wallsmith and company..same if the Bradford players were to decide to come to Lake Co..Would be an instant State Contender..I'm going with BigDaddy..just letting it go..lol..But again..never have said Clarkrange is recruiting..but I did see that they have open gym..probably an AAU team..A lot of things go on behind the scenes with parents..players talking..that a school or coach doesn't have to recruit..But if anything..The TSSAA should at least come up with a rule that a player can't drive to another county to paly ball without moving..If they do..sit out a year..!