Clarkrange gets 7 new "transfers" in 2 years

I am sorry that I ever said anything about the JC situation two years ago. I was very critical of comments that the Leonard family made in the Tennessean. Like I have said, I was more bitter about the competition than anything.lol I deserve all this bad talk, but I do not think the kids deserve having their team trashed because I ran my mouth.

mrbigster- you have made some good points, but I think it would be hard for TSSAA to enforce inter-county school zones.

MIDTNSPORTSFAN - this is your last warning. You have made your point and I respect your right to be upset, but drop it......or your mouth is gonna finally get you in some trouble. You are an embarrassement to most everyone on here, including your own JC faithful. You will accomplish nothing thru your attempt to degrade our team.

This thread should be closed.

Maybe ths schools or county commissioners should come up with something..that kids that live in the city go to one school and the students in the county go to the other..Id both of them are city schools..Maybe go by the proximity of the students houses..! Just to keep peace between the schools and communities..lol..Or are all the officials from Clarkrange..Just kidding !

I'm just an outsider..Don't really know how both communities are..if they have a big rivalry..the talk around town..I don't beblieve Clarkrange is recruiting..Just like Dyer Co..they have schools close by..that want to go to Dyer Co..just as Clarkrange does..Similiar situations..Dyersburg and Dyer Co in the same county..Most fans hate each other..Some pull for the other school as long as they aren't playing each other..You'd think ..everyone from Dyer Co would pull for their sister schools ..but for the most part..believe the majority would pull for Clarkrange if one of them were playing Clarkrange..So..I don't know the scope of the tension between the two schools..I'm just basically replying to the TSSAA rules ..Nothing more..Naturally Clarkrange isn't going to complain..But just for the sake of wondering..If York would be getting the Clarkrange players or some of the girls from the State team last year..would anything be said ..If Lake Co were in Clarkrange's position..would be great..but at the same time..if Lake Co lost 6 players to another school..even though it's legal..if I were the coach or principal..I would be on the phone with the TSSAa at least trying to get them to at least look into a rule that if schools don't have zones..maybe come up with a rule that makes students go to the closest school to their house..Or move..!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am an average player, and am a starter, I will be unselfish enough to do whatever it takes to make my team win. If we have 15 new players, and I have to carry towels and water (which I have done before,) I will proudly do it to win. If you are a competitor, you will work to win. CR will show that this year. I cant wait, I will even travel 20+ miles this year to watch them play the Devils in the reg. season, and hope that for all the crying that has happened, they blow them away.

I wasn't a starter at Lake Co ..we had a great team back then..didn't have to carry the water though..it never was that bad..we had managers for that..I was the samw way..But we didn't have 6 or 7 players just come and take my spot..But at the same time..nothing has been done illegally..But..if that did happen..I would want to go to the other school and play..It's always nice to win..but I'd rather play..I never went in a game believing I was going to lose..I played on some very good softball teams after high school..played with a couple guys that played or was drafted by minor league baseball teams..One played in the Cinn. Reds organization..I played left field..was named most valuable player of the county one year..I played on 3 different teams one year..Sometimes would play for one team at 6..drive 35 miles to play for the other team at 9..Was the lead off batter for about 10 years with the team that featured the minor league players....Very fast..If they had brought someone in to take my place..would have went to another team..And always believe my team would win..I know it's different being on a school team..I'm just talking and replying to your post about carrying water ..I would never go in any game thinking I would lose..but if it came down to sitting on the bench and winning or playing every game and losing..I'm going to go with playing personally.!

Come on mrbigster, just let it go. Nothing illegal is happening. The orignal poster that started this thread started it with complete deceit in mind. There is no zone in Fentress County. These girls going to Clarkrange as freshmen are coming from 4 different schools in Fentress County. If York, a state funded school which makes me unsure of how much the county board of education has a say so as far as athletics etc., would act like they cared about athletics as they do politics I would about guarantee Carly would have probably stayed and a few (maybe half) of the 5-6 incoming freshman would go there as well. York has always competed well in district 7-AA (and you know how tough that district is) and could have done better IMO some years have not lost that many kids to CR...Alot of the good talent has went to York and chose not to play at all. From what I gather its getting worse. So you can't blame these kids that want to play and earn what they get by going to CR and as far as playing time(s)....these kids have played against one another and with another since 4th-5th grade, so its not like no one knows each other and I am sure they already know who is better than who by the time high school rolls around or at least who is as good as who. So let the work begin!

Come on mrbigster, just let it go. Nothing illegal is happening.

Big Daddy..I'm just having a little fun..It really hasn't been as spirited as I thought..Especially from the York people....I usually stay on the posts with my area teams but this has been kind of fun..Clarkrange seems to have some pretty good fans..So..Good luck to Clarkrange this coming season....So you're right..Clarkrange has done nothing illegal and I'm going to let it go.....As long as T.T. Flowers doesn't move to Clarkrange..lol.!

I am sorry that I ever said anything about the JC situation two years ago. I was very critical of comments that the Leonard family made in the Tennessean. Like I have said, I was more bitter about the competition than anything.lol I deserve all this bad talk, but I do not think the kids deserve having their team trashed because I ran my mouth.

mrbigster- you have made some good points, but I think it would be hard for TSSAA to enforce inter-county school zones.

MIDTNSPORTSFAN - this is your last warning. You have made your point and I respect your right to be upset, but drop it......or your mouth is gonna finally get you in some trouble. You are an embarrassement to most everyone on here, including your own JC faithful. You will accomplish nothing thru your attempt to degrade our team.

This thread should be closed.

If i am an embarrassement to JC what are you to Clarkrange? What i have said isn't even close to what you said about Laken and you know it! I just asked questions you attacked an innocent teenager and now you want to get on here and act like you are the CoachT police? You don't think the kids deserve having their team trashed? In what way has anyone trashed CR's team? Atleast no one has made it personal on here and called them and their family out by name like you did on several occassions! If my vanilla posts get me into any kind of trouble i promise you the ones you posted will come back tenfold on you! You cant stand anyone to say anything about CR unless its all about how good you are or have been. If anything out of the way is said you are right there to jump on the poster. So if i was you before i threaten anyone else with "trouble" i would keep my mouth closed because you will be in more trouble than anyone if you want to take it further! You want the thread to be closed because it talks about a very tough issue that i promise you some of the young ladies on CR's team are facing. You aren't worried about them as students and players and having a great high school experience they can remember for a lifetime, no no not you, all you care about is winning another gold ball no matter what the cost. I said it once and i will say it again, my question is a very valid question and one that some of these young ladies and their famillies are dealing with. We both know that if this was JC you would be on here screaming bloody murder and you know it. So keep to the topic and if you don't have any feedback on it then just don't look at it.

One thing I notice from these post is if your recieving transfers its great and if you loose them its terrible, and thats a natural reaction however who ever the team from my district is and thats 7a I want to beat them but when they move on and play other people I am for 7a teams.Coach Pile and Rogers are my friends and when they're not playing JC i usally pull for them. Now when anyone starts the personal attacts especially on high school kids and even on programs or coaches thats going too far. Always look beyond you feelings and pride and see tho oppisite side of the situation and respect everyone view realizing everyone including me is wrong sometimes. I don't know the motives behind a player transfering so anything I say is a guess AND WHAT GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO JUDGE FROM ONLY A GUESS.

I'm all for Clarkrange being as good as they want to be: like they have been for over 30 years...helping to make the rest of 7A better too. As a Bobcat fan, I know Clarkragne has helped to make Pickett better. It is rare that Pickett Co. even has a close game with Clarkrange...I have seen them win once in 14 seasons, but there have been a few close ones. But, Pickett Co. went to the state this past year because of the TOUGH schedule in 7A and outside of 7A (PC didn't lose to any A schools outside of 7A until the state tournament)...and thanks to Clarkrange for setting the bar so high. Any girl who wants to go to Clarkrange and be the best...GREAT. The Clarkrange program will continue to make Pickett and the rest of 7A better and the district will continue to dominate...even against the real recruiters...the private schools. For me it all comes down to the fact that as long as A schools have to play private schools in the playoffs, they should have the same options as the private schools have...but don't. Put all private schools in at least AA to make up for their recruiting. If York wanted to have a great program, they are in a great area full of talent, but they have chosen not to. They are good, but not great like Clarkrange.

Oh now I understand what all of this is about. Apparently, everyone still has bad blood from Leonard going to Jackson County and such. I thought that happened a while back, so now here we are discussing something over something that happened years ago. Thats awesome!

If i am an embarrassement to JC what are you to Clarkrange? What i have said isn't even close to what you said about Laken and you know it! I just asked questions you attacked an innocent teenager and now you want to get on here and act like you are the CoachT police? You don't think the kids deserve having their team trashed? In what way has anyone trashed CR's team? Atleast no one has made it personal on here and called them and their family out by name like you did on several occassions! If my vanilla posts get me into any kind of trouble i promise you the ones you posted will come back tenfold on you! You cant stand anyone to say anything about CR unless its all about how good you are or have been. If anything out of the way is said you are right there to jump on the poster. So if i was you before i threaten anyone else with "trouble" i would keep my mouth closed because you will be in more trouble than anyone if you want to take it further! You want the thread to be closed because it talks about a very tough issue that i promise you some of the young ladies on CR's team are facing. You aren't worried about them as students and players and having a great high school experience they can remember for a lifetime, no no not you, all you care about is winning another gold ball no matter what the cost. I said it once and i will say it again, my question is a very valid question and one that some of these young ladies and their famillies are dealing with. We both know that if this was JC you would be on here screaming bloody murder and you know it. So keep to the topic and if you don't have any feedback on it then just don't look at it.

You need to go back, read what I said...I never trashed anyone, especially not the student....I hope Laken Leonard gets an awsome scholarship (hope to see her at TTU or MTSU). I said I was sorry for being so critical...and that is it...I owe you nothing else. You are so mad because we are on top right now you get on a message board and want to trash our team. My point is that it is just as pathetic as I was.

It does make me mad when someone talks bad about ANY part of our school or any school in our county.

If you have anything else to say about our school or our team...say it to my face.....I will be happy to send you my contact info if you would like it. This is not a debatable topic or a interesting topic. Your intent is to try to disrupt our students and cause negative feelings within our community. YOU SHOULD NOT CRITIZE ANY STUDENT IN OUR COUNTY OR ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DIVISION OR CONFLICT WITHIN OUR SCHOOLS.