Pre-season AA favorites?

GCPioneer

GCPioneer posted....

"As for Obion, they were without Fussell today. Needless to say, they struggled big time. From what I heard, she was gone to U Of Texas for a camp."

You are right...She was at a camp in Austin,Tx....

It's good for those girls to play without her...They need to step it up..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know bigster, I don't think playing GC helped Bradford much last season....They played three times and lost by an average score of 63-26....That doesn't do much for you really...They lost one time 60-16... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..Greenfield and Lake County will be good in 1A but they don't need to be playing GC....

It would have made some difference in the score, not in the win or loss, but in that 60-16 game Bradford was missing Wallsmith and another starter

I don't know bigster, I don't think playing GC helped Bradford much last season....They played three times and lost by an average score of 63-26....That doesn't do much for you really...They lost one time 60-16... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..Greenfield and Lake County will be good in 1A but they don't need to be playing GC....

Of course I'm not suggesting Lake Co.co would win or even come within 10 or maybe 15 points..Could end up being twenty or more..That's not much difference from them beating some of the AA schools by 35 and 40 points..Naturally ,I'd hope Lake Co wouldn't get beat by 50 points..that could be demoralizing to a still young team..I saw Gibson Co play several times and I thought they were by far the best team I saw last year..Trenton couldn't even get the ball past half court most of the time..I would be hoping that T.T. could get the ball up the court a few times..at least more than some of the teams I saw ..If a team doesn't have a couple good guards with some speed..Gibson Co can get twenty points off of turnovers in a couple minutes..Sometimes it's about matchups..I'm actually surprised that Central played Gibson Co that close last year..Central beat Bradford by 11 and Trenton by about 14 points but nothing like the shellacking that Gibson Co put on those schools..I believe the reason is because Central doesn't have the press that Gibson Co had and those two teams could run their offense to some degree..Just that Central had more talent..Central probably had better ball handling to get the ball up court against Gibson Co..I saw Central play Dyer Co last year and it was a good game until the Jones girl from Dyer Co got hurt..Then it was a different game..I believe Lake Co will make a push in Single A this year but really think the next two years are going to really be their years..I'd still like to play someone like Gibson Co..just to see how they will react to all that pressure.

Talk to LC's coach and get him to call Coach Russell for a little pre-season scrimmage closer to basketball season. I don't think GC faced a guard as quick as TT last year. The advantage of a GC press against TT is the fact that TT doesn't use her left hand much at all and GC could cause turnovers left and right due to that.

GC played pretty bad last year against OC @ OC, but I won't take nothing away from OC in the game. Fussell played really well in that game as did Casey Eaves. I believe Reedy was our high scorer in that game with like 22 or 24 points. In the tournaments, our press hurt OC big time as indicated by the score.

Westview seems to do ok against our press. Westview has solid ball handlers, one being Rechis. All 5 girls on the floor for Westview can dribble the ball well which helps.

Talk to LC's coach and get him to call Coach Russell for a little pre-season scrimmage closer to basketball season. I don't think GC faced a guard as quick as TT last year. The advantage of a GC press against TT is the fact that TT doesn't use her left hand much at all and GC could cause turnovers left and right due to that.

GC played pretty bad last year against OC @ OC, but I won't take nothing away from OC in the game. Fussell played really well in that game as did Casey Eaves. I believe Reedy was our high scorer in that game with like 22 or 24 points. In the tournaments, our press hurt OC big time as indicated by the score.

Westview seems to do ok against our press. Westview has solid ball handlers, one being Rechis. All 5 girls on the floor for Westview can dribble the ball well which helps.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GC didnt play badly last year at OC....GC you are better than that...

Of course I'm not suggesting Lake Co.co would win or even come within 10 or maybe 15 points..Could end up being twenty or more..That's not much difference from them beating some of the AA schools by 35 and 40 points..Naturally ,I'd hope Lake Co wouldn't get beat by 50 points..that could be demoralizing to a still young team..I saw Gibson Co play several times and I thought they were by far the best team I saw last year..Trenton couldn't even get the ball past half court most of the time..I would be hoping that T.T. could get the ball up the court a few times..at least more than some of the teams I saw ..If a team doesn't have a couple good guards with some speed..Gibson Co can get twenty points off of turnovers in a couple minutes..Sometimes it's about matchups..I'm actually surprised that Central played Gibson Co that close last year..Central beat Bradford by 11 and Trenton by about 14 points but nothing like the shellacking that Gibson Co put on those schools..I believe the reason is because Central doesn't have the press that Gibson Co had and those two teams could run their offense to some degree..Just that Central had more talent..Central probably had better ball handling to get the ball up court against Gibson Co..I saw Central play Dyer Co last year and it was a good game until the Jones girl from Dyer Co got hurt..Then it was a different game..I believe Lake Co will make a push in Single A this year but really think the next two years are going to really be their years..I'd still like to play someone like Gibson Co..just to see how they will react to all that pressure.

10-15 points probably vs OC but GC and Westview would beat LC as bad as they wanted too....

This isn't 1A boys where in the past a Union City, Lake County or Humboldt could compete for not only a district crown but be a player in the state race in 2A....Their is a huge difference in the girl's game...T.T is good and all but GC's press would run her ragged...Their press was real good in the regular season but it was on a whole 'nother level in the postseason....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GC didnt play badly last year at OC....GC you are better than that...

Butler was cold from the floor in that game. She only scored like 12 points. Griffin and Reedy is what did the damage in that game. I'll say OC played great and yes they did catch GC in a bad game, especially late in the game. If I remember correctly, we struggled from the free throw line as well which is rare for last years GC team. OC played great that game with Eaves getting hot from 3 pt. range and Fussell doing her thing.

By the way, I heard Fussell has narrowed it down to Texas and LSU as her 2 picks.....

10-15 points probably vs OC but GC and Westview would beat LC as bad as they wanted too....

This isn't 1A boys where in the past a Union City, Lake County or Humboldt could compete for not only a district crown but be a player in the state race in 2A....Their is a huge difference in the girl's game...T.T is good and all but GC's press would run her ragged...Their press was real good in the regular season but it was on a whole 'nother level in the postseason....

Maybe 10-20 points this year..Maybe not..Like I said..Central doesn't have the press that Gibson Co. has..Lake Co will be able to get the ball up court against Central for the most part..A big difference..After this coming year..could be a 10-15 point swing the other way..!Then we won't be talking about the difference in the boys and girls..!I really hope Lake Co and Central will play in some jamboree or tournament somewhere..Maybe Martin or Dyersburg..hopefully somewhere..

Butler was cold from the floor in that game. She only scored like 12 points. Griffin and Reedy is what did the damage in that game. I'll say OC played great and yes they did catch GC in a bad game, especially late in the game. If I remember correctly, we struggled from the free throw line as well which is rare for last years GC team. OC played great that game with Eaves getting hot from 3 pt. range and Fussell doing her thing.

By the way, I heard Fussell has narrowed it down to Texas and LSU as her 2 picks.....

I'm with you..If both teams are hitting on all cylinders..all cylinders..I believe Gibson Co is 12 to 15 points at least better than Central.!

I'll say something to him..I'm sure there's a AAU coach lurking around here on Coach T that might can say something..I always think if you want to get better..Play the best..And they would certainly be doing that..!

Maybe 10-20 points this year..Maybe not..Like I said..Central doesn't have the press that Gibson Co. has..Lake Co will be able to get the ball up court against Central for the most part..A big difference..After this coming year..could be a 10-15 point swing the other way..!Then we won't be talking about the difference in the boys and girls..!I really hope Lake Co and Central will play in some jamboree or tournament somewhere..Maybe Martin or Dyersburg..hopefully somewhere..

I'm with you..If both teams are hitting on all cylinders..all cylinders..I believe Gibson Co is 12 to 15 points at least better than Central.!

Bigster, maybe they will play in the regular season....To heck with a jamboree.....We don't really know what LC will be able to do against Central.....I imagine LaRue's style of play and Suitor's style is probably different....

GC-Both teams played well at Central......GC played a bit better at GC during the regular season....Central didn't show up in the tournament game at GC.....Of course in the districts and regions it wouldn't have made any difference if OC played well...GC was killin it then....

In GC we are talking about possibly the best girls team in the entire state last year.....