Dobyns Bennett Football

The football camps hosted by Dobyns Bennett have begun, getting the up and comings out, promoting the program and giving a few young ones who would have otherwise not a taste of the Indian way. Rising 3rd-6th graders are done, rising 7th-9th graders to go in early July.

The 7-on-7 USSSA Passing Tournament is currently going on at J.Fred this weekend, June 19-21. Dobyns Bennett results from yesterday are listed below:

Friday, June 19

DB 31, Powell Valley, VA 27

Knox Powell 24, DB 17

DB 28, Knox Bearden 24

DB 35, Sullivan North 10

DB 24, Sevier Co. 20

Games will be begin today, Saturday, June 20, at 11:00 am with a lunch break at 2:00 pm with play resuming at 4:00 pm this evening. Admission is $5. Parking is an issue due to the Dobyns Bennett parking lot reconstruction, so keep that in mind if attending.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indians, Bears set to meet for 7-on-7 Finals - Tricitiessports.com

Host Kingsport, Sevierville reach 7-on-7 title matchup - Kingsport Times News

Dobyns Bennett results from yesterday, Saturday June 20, are listed below:

Saturday, June 20

DB 59, Powell Valley, VA 21

DB 44, Knox Powell 14

DB 28, Knox Bearden 24

DB 51, Sevier Co. 28

DB 45, Sullivan North 21

DB will take on Sevier Co. in the championship game today, Sunday June 21, at 2:00 pm at J.Fred. Admission is $5.

Overall results from both days are listed below:

Final Standings

Dobyns Bennett, 9-1

Sevier Co., 7-3

Knox Bearden, 7-4

Knox Powell, 5-5

Sullivan North, 2-8

Powell Valley, VA 1-9

Friday, June 19 Results

Indians 31, Vikings 27

Bears 59, Panthers 7

Bulldogs 24, Raiders 7

Panthers 24, Indians 17

Bears 48, Raiders 7

Indians 28, Bulldogs 24

Panthers 31, Raiders 21

Bears 48, Vikings 28

Bulldogs 34, Vikings 26

Indians 35, Raiders 10

Bears 31, Bulldogs 21

Panthers 35, Vikings 31

Indians 24, Bears 20

Vikings 17, Raiders 14

Bulldogs 35, Panthers 28

Saturday, June 20 Results

Indians 59, Vikings 21

Panthers 41, Bears 28

Bulldogs 35, Raiders 21

Indians 44, Panthers 14

Bears 44, Raiders 7

Indians 28, Bulldogs 24

Raiders 28, Panthers 21

Bears 38, Vikings 28

Bulldogs 35, Vikings 17

Bears 31, Bulldogs 21

Panthers by Forfeit Over Vikings

Raiders by Forfeit Over Vikings

Indians 51, Bears 28

Indians 45, Raiders 21

Bulldogs by Forfeit Over Panthers

I know there had to be a lineman there or somebody with a kid playing that can say how we looked and who stood out on both sides of the ball.What positions were we good at and what spots were like a deer in the headlights.How big was the crowd ? Something,anything about the guys this weekend that we all might want to hear ? I looked in the paper today and it was covered about like a city league game." DB comes from behind to win",and a few more lines in a small spot on the side of the sports page. I figure the dad's on here can beat that story by a mile or two,come on !!!

I know there had to be a lineman there or somebody with a kid playing that can say how we looked and who stood out on both sides of the ball.What positions were we good at and what spots were like a deer in the headlights.How big was the crowd ? Something,anything about the guys this weekend that we all might want to hear ? I looked in the paper today and it was covered about like a city league game." DB comes from behind to win",and a few more lines in a small spot on the side of the sports page. I figure the dad's on here can beat that story by a mile or two,come on !!!

Hey guys, don't we have any fans who want to talk football? This is rediculous! It's a shame i have to go on the South posts just to talk it up. If anyone knows anything about the team this year and what we can expect or changes in the works, lets hear it. This is tippical DB fans for you, come on and lets support our team and show some support. Batman DB you seem to be the only db fan who wants to talk at all. What's the problem?

Hey guys, don't we have any fans who want to talk football? This is rediculous! It's a shame i have to go on the South posts just to talk it up. If anyone knows anything about the team this year and what we can expect or changes in the works, lets hear it. This is tippical DB fans for you, come on and lets support our team and show some support. Batman DB you seem to be the only db fan who wants to talk at all. What's the problem?

I say to much,most of the time.I didn't get to go this weekend and was thinking someboby could tell us a little about the team.Many of the guys have been running this week together.It's good to see the players take it on themselves to get after it when the coaches are not around for the dead period.I know a lot of familys are out of town,as my bunch will be for part of it,but we all know that speed kills and it's good to see the big boys and the backs running together.I've seen other teams parents talking about different ways of working out and they are right.If all our guys can hit the gym,run and maybe take some martial arts along with the workouts at DB,we can have them ready to go when the two- a -days get here.Roll Tribe

I say to much,most of the time.I didn't get to go this weekend and was thinking someboby could tell us a little about the team.Many of the guys have been running this week together.It's good to see the players take it on themselves to get after it when the coaches are not around for the dead period.I know a lot of familys are out of town,as my bunch will be for part of it,but we all know that speed kills and it's good to see the big boys and the backs running together.I've seen other teams parents talking about different ways of working out and they are right.If all our guys can hit the gym,run and maybe take some martial arts along with the workouts at DB,we can have them ready to go when the two- a -days get here.Roll Tribe

I watched two of the 7 on 7 games for DB and i was impressed by our athleticism. I'm not sure who some of the players were but, Seabolt was very impressive. Roop has a great looking arm and Chris will be Chris. However, where has that speed from Derrick been hiding. Wow, his stock has went up big time. He could be a very dangerous slashing type receiver this year. We all know about the defense but how about a little offense.

Read the other DB 2009 thread that has gone dead too. You will probably understand. DB has a lot of good players who deserve better. When is the coaching staff going to understand that changes must be made within their ranks. I think some of the old fans are just - tired of it.

What's needed? A staff that can inspire a team to fully believe in themselves. A staff that can fully utilize excellent facilities. A new offensive coach. A tougher schedule.

I don't ever want to be present again at a game like the fiasco that ended the season in '08. The players did not loose that game.

I watched two of the 7 on 7 games for DB and i was impressed by our athleticism. I'm not sure who some of the players were but, Seabolt was very impressive. Roop has a great looking arm and Chris will be Chris. However, where has that speed from Derrick been hiding. Wow, his stock has went up big time. He could be a very dangerous slashing type receiver this year. We all know about the defense but how about a little offense.

I sure hope they get the ball in Derrick's hands alot more this year. And I mean alot more! Im worried about the line on both sides of the ball as well as the defensive backfield. We had a weak line last year that didn't block very well. I haven't heard of any improvements there. And after losing Sylvester in the defensive backfield we may be in real trouble there.

Read the other DB 2009 thread that has gone dead too. You will probably understand. DB has a lot of good players who deserve better. When is the coaching staff going to understand that changes must be made within their ranks. I think some of the old fans are just - tired of it.

What's needed? A staff that can inspire a team to fully believe in themselves. A staff that can fully utilize excellent facilities. A new offensive coach. A tougher schedule.

I don't ever want to be present again at a game like the fiasco that ended the season in '08. The players did not loose that game.

From what I hear, DB is going to field a much better and versatile team than previously indicated.

I sure hope they get the ball in Derrick's hands alot more this year. And I mean alot more! Im worried about the line on both sides of the ball as well as the defensive backfield. We had a weak line last year that didn't block very well. I haven't heard of any improvements there. And after losing Sylvester in the defensive backfield we may be in real trouble there.

From what I've seen on the offensive line,it could be very good this year.The last line up in spring was big and very athletic.The defensive line is a three man front with a big nose and small fast ends.Mat{nose} is a very big and mean player that didn't play last year.The ends are like adding two more linebackers with all of our stunts and speed.We will open up under fire with the first two games,but I like this teams work so far,and look forward to 2009