District 9-A

Eagles13

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Huntland vs Community game was pretty good. Huntland won 2-1 but from what I saw Community had the game until it started raining and it looked like the wet ball gave Community's pitcher fits, he wasn't the same several wild pitches and Huntland did just enough to win. I thought Community played a really good game and had one of the best squeeze/bunts to score the go ahead run at the time in the 5th inning of a close game.

In the Eagleville game which has yet to post on Coach T, Eagleville strung 4 runs together over 3 innings and then exploded in the 5th for 6 runs to win in 5 innings, 10-0 over Moore Co.. Smith was really on his game only giving up 2 hits and had 11 k's in 5 innings. Moore Co. got ripped on one play at 2nd when their runner was called out but it did not play a factor in the games outcome obviously. We're getting down to the nitty gritty. :D

MTCS vs Forrest: Cascade vs winner

Moore vs Huntland: Eagleville vs winner

In the Wartrace bracket: Forrest bests MTCS 12-9 and (as previously posted by Cascade10) Cascade beats Forrest 4-3.

In the Eagleville bracket: Huntland beat Moore County and Eagleville beat Huntland.

Cascade vs. Eagleville next tonight at 6

Should be another Exciting game. I bet Eagleville will see Bishop. Who does Eagleville have left?

Congratulations to Eagleville for their win over a tough Cascade team for the District 9-A Tournament Championship. Cascade struggled on the mound in the first inning and that was pretty much the difference as they played tough the rest of the game once they got their pitching worked out. Both teams played good defense although there were a couple of bobbles by both teams on a couple of those hits that your never really prepared for. Eagleville pitched Hammonds who gave up only 4 hits in two complete games. They had saved him by pitching off the night before. Eagleville was spectacular from the mound in this tournament giving up only 10 hits in 4 games and allowing only 4 runs total of which only 2 were earned.

So now its on to the Regionals, both Eagleville and Cascade will face some tough competition as their regional counterparts, Clarksville Academy and Nashville Christian have only lost around 6 games each. However if you look at their schedules I think overall Eaglevill and Cascade played a much tougher schedule throughout facing triple A teams and between the two of them both single A State finalists last year, Riverside and Summertown. I would definitely like to see both teams advance to the Sub-State next week. Can't wait till next week!

:thumb: