Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

I may be jumping on the Clinton bandwagon too hard, but I think with Stone and Hazelhurst both healthy they will be hard to stop. I like them to win it, OR to finish second (I know only what I've read here, but I just don't think they will stay down long. They never have.) After that I believe it's a pick 'em. Like so many of the teams Powell is young, so I think the only team you can count out is Hardin Valley because they are the youngest of the bunch.

One question about Clinton: Does anyone know if Stone has had any offers and if so from what schools? Thanks.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Here we go again...kidd, at least I can spell without SPELL CHECK. And I do know the difference between the number "one" AND "any team could have WON that." I wasn't under the impression we were fighting. I thought we were conversing. If you'd read the entire post you would realize this. Anyways...I hope they don't close this thread when you start your name calling again.

buddy i was just playing around and having fun with it...it wasnt meant to bring anyone down. You need to calm down.....

Not worth much, but here is my rundown on the dragons...... Hazelhurst is healthy, much bigger, stronger, faster than last year. Stone has looked impressive in the the spring. The TE Chapmen is probably one of the more over-looked/under-rated kids in East TN. Couple of transfers has promise and Frazier (WR) looked improved in the spring.

The Offensive and Defensive lines need alot of work before the fall. Their improvement could be the difference between a 8-2 season or 6-4. The defensive unit must improve or they will have to outscore opponents most of the time. They are not real deep, so injuries will be key, especially late in the year against AC and OR

Buddy, I don't need to calm down. You just need to grow up.

All im saying is that I wasnt meaning to offend anyone and im sorry if it did. I was just playing around. Back to football......Hazelhurst is alot bigger than he was last year and he seemed slower to me in the Alcoa Scrimmage.....but thats just me. The TE Chapman is very good and is very big. Dragon92 did you hear anything about Clinton being in passing leagues and is AC in any? Is that kid from Scott county coming and if not whos gonna play QB for AC.

All im saying is that I wasnt meaning to offend anyone and im sorry if it did. I was just playing around. Back to football......Hazelhurst is alot bigger than he was last year and he seemed slower to me in the Alcoa Scrimmage.....but thats just me. The TE Chapman is very good and is very big. Dragon92 did you hear anything about Clinton being in passing leagues and is AC in any? Is that kid from Scott county coming and if not whos gonna play QB for AC.

AC will be participating in the passing league/camp at TTU.

Yeah, Clinton is going to be in one and they will talk more about it when it gets closer. I agree with you Kidd....Hazelhurst is bigger and stronger, but he is not as fast as he was last year....even Coach Shattuck said that Hazelhurst had put on about another 10-15 pounds of muscle and needs to get his speed back to where it was.

I am a big fan of Chapman! He is very impressive to watch! With Stone and Hazelhurst, some of the other kids dont get talked about as much but there are plenty of weapons on this team other than Darian and Weston like Frazier, Chapman, Shannon, Williams, Patrick, etc. etc.etc.

I am concerned about our offensive line. And i am also concerned about our defense. Alot of questions i have about those two, should be answered when we scrimmage Maryville, Science Hill, and Webb in July and early Aug.

Yeah, Clinton is going to be in one and they will talk more about it when it gets closer. I agree with you Kidd....Hazelhurst is bigger and stronger, but he is not as fast as he was last year....even Coach Shattuck said that Hazelhurst had put on about another 10-15 pounds of muscle and needs to get his speed back to where it was.

I am a big fan of Chapman! He is very impressive to watch! With Stone and Hazelhurst, some of the other kids dont get talked about as much but there are plenty of weapons on this team other than Darian and Weston like Frazier, Chapman, Shannon, Williams, Patrick, etc. etc.etc.

I am concerned about our offensive line. And i am also concerned about our defense. Alot of questions i have about those two, should be answered when we scrimmage Maryville, Science Hill, and Webb in July and early Aug.

cant forget about powell...he was a freshman last year and played very well...I think Clinton's line will be fine they had 3 starters missing from it during the Alcoa Scrimmage.

cant forget about powell...he was a freshman last year and played very well...I think Clinton's line will be fine they had 3 starters missing from it during the Alcoa Scrimmage.

Your right. I forgot about Austin Powell. He started every game last year for Clinton as a freshman and should be even better this year!

I knew that Sissom wasnt playing in the Alcoa scrimmage, but i wasnt sure who else was missing. Who were the other two?

I may be jumping on the Clinton bandwagon too hard, but I think with Stone and Hazelhurst both healthy they will be hard to stop. I like them to win it, OR to finish second (I know only what I've read here, but I just don't think they will stay down long. They never have.) After that I believe it's a pick 'em. Like so many of the teams Powell is young, so I think the only team you can count out is Hardin Valley because they are the youngest of the bunch.

One question about Clinton: Does anyone know if Stone has had any offers and if so from what schools? Thanks.

I heard yesterday on a local sports show that Kentucky, Texas, Miss. St are some of the schools looking at Stone so far. I think Miss St. seems to be the most interested in him at this point.

Thanks for the info. I was listening to sports talk the other day and a caller asked about UT recruiting Stone and somebody said the only knock on him was he wasn't tall enough. I don't know how tall he is but he sure seems to have everything else a quarterback needs in college. Kier Houston had a great arm and Stone's looked even better in last year's Powell/Clinton game.