Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

I heared Oakgridge fans is readdy to run off the new coache alreaddy is this trew? I heared he won,t let none of his bawlplayers play any uther sportt eggsept for futbol? :thumb:

Don't know much about OR festus, but on the subject of coaches letting their ballplayers not play any other sport, well, I think that is plum STUPIT. Don't they realize what benefits players and teams can gleen from participating in other sports like track and wrestling? Yeah, there's always the argument that they could get hurt...but shoot fire, you can get run over when you cross the street, too. How does everyone else feel about this? When I played football in high school it was MANDATORY we ran track. Linemen ALWAYS wrestled. Just the way it was...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree width ya opresssed, i don,t give a hoot abowt OakgRidge but I heard some futbol playor,s mudder talkin abowt she was pi$$ed becauwse the new coache wooden't let her boy play both futbol amd baseball and I heared that half the OakgRidge bewsters have alreddy turned on Coache Blade, looks like thish might bee the worsed OR futbol team in a LONG time. :thumb:

My understanding is that the OR Coaches do want kids playing other sports, they just don't want them playing it when it is time to start playing football (7on7, then 2 a days). They did not want kids playing anything else after the dead period. Who can blame them for that?

Also - not sure who you all are talking to??? There is always a disgruntled one in the bunch.... but from what I hear, the whole town loves the new coaches. No matter what, the kids are learning a great work ethic and that it takes dedication and perfect execution to be a winner. We are finally getting back to the OR football the town once knew! Yes, it might be a year or two before they get back to the state...who knows, but they are definately on the road to recovery! You will see a TEAM playing every Friday night.

My understanding is that the OR Coaches do want kids playing other sports, they just don't want them playing it when it is time to start playing football (7on7, then 2 a days). They did not want kids playing anything else after the dead period. Who can blame them for that?

Also - not sure who you all are talking to??? There is always a disgruntled one in the bunch.... but from what I hear, the whole town loves the new coaches. No matter what, the kids are learning a great work ethic and that it takes dedication and perfect execution to be a winner. We are finally getting back to the OR football the town once knew! Yes, it might be a year or two before they get back to the state...who knows, but they are definately on the road to recovery! You will see a TEAM playing every Friday night.

I couldn't agree more. Maybe not by Mr. Festus, but I think any talk of Coach Blade not getting full support and "the worst OR team ever" is wishful thinking from our opponents. Coach Blade will get the ship righted! It may take some time but he will get it done.