Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

When Clinton plays a powerhouse, that 3-5 defense will get tore apart!

i don't think there gonna run that D during the regular season...I could be wrong...But they didn't act like it during the Alcoa scrimmage....Shattuck did that the spring practice before they brought the spread to Clinton. I think they ran that because a few of there linemen were hurt. They are spread thin on the O and D lines....What D is AC,OR,PHS gonna run?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think there gonna run that D during the regular season...I could be wrong...But they didn't act like it during the Alcoa scrimmage....Shattuck did that the spring practice before they brought the spread to Clinton. I think they ran that because a few of there linemen were hurt. They are spread thin on the O and D lines....What D is AC,OR,PHS gonna run?

AC dont have no size on there line they have around 10 small linemen. It dont look good for AC this year no QB no line very young. May be long year for the Mavs. So Clinton if your going to beat us this will be your year. (ONLY YEAR) but I still dont thick u all will do it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How good will these teams be?

AC isn't lookin to good a injury depleted west team held there offense and there D can't stop the run

Powell lost That huston kid so whos there QB....they wont be worth much this year

Oak Ridge i really cant be too sure i think they do slightly better than last season but they could surprize

And as far as Clinton goes..you can't blow a team up that much jus because they have a good QB and an Alright running back

as far as how they do i put it Clinton, Oak Ridge, Powell, Anderson County with all four team being middle of the pack teams 6-4 7-3 teams at the best

Sorry to for this and no disrespect intended but the 3-5 defense isnt good at all for clintons skills and you can say its good from an alcoa sccrimmage what is alcoa like 3A Clintons 5A with the big boys a 3-5 Defense will be picked apart by any Quarter Back worth his salt and it doesnt suit clinton there corners and safety arent fast enough they best one's probably Nick Frassier and he doesn't have good enough speed to lock down they recievers the way you need to in a 3-5

Clinton has several good players. Hazelhurst, Stone, Frazier, Chapman, Powell, patrick! Clinton has a Very good roster this year, and (as long as they stay healthy) should dominate, and those 6 players are just a start!

exactly thats all they got what happens late in the third quarter when there tired do they take a break and perform poorly or let in some fresh legs who stink out loud ither way they can't stop a high powered offense or move the ball on a power house deffense that way...and i must admit stone man that guy is something else and hazelhurts isnt that great and he's fragile frazier has quick feet but not a good north to south ball carrier and his catching ability can be called into question and can stone stay healthy all season having to scramble as much as he does and taking that many hits his line is one of the worst in all of 5A clinton has a long way before that can dominate anyone

I'm not a big fan of the 3-5 either. Even when you run it well it has some issues, especially when it comes to containment on the outside, and I think its vulnerable to intermediate passes to the tight end and slot receivers. I think the reason a lot of teams run it is they have more linebacker-type players on their rosters than they do 4-3 defensive lineman types.

Hey Bubba:

I'm not particularly fond of the way some teams run the 3-5, but I like it when its run similar to a 5-3. Walk up the OLB a bit, but split him out enough that it makes for a very difficult block for a TE or OT. Assign containment responsibilities to the OLB and free up the corners to focus on pass coverage. Slant the DL, and blitz back side OLB when there is no one in his slot. Not a perfect defense, but it certainly can be effective. If you have an inside backer capable of playing safety, you can easily drop him back on passing downs and rotate into a 3-4 cover 2 man under. Just a thought. I know Powell runs the 3-5, but not like I explained above. I believe their personnel this year suits a 4-3 much better than their 3-5.

Sorry to for this and no disrespect intended but the 3-5 defense isnt good at all for clintons skills and you can say its good from an alcoa sccrimmage what is alcoa like 3A Clintons 5A with the big boys a 3-5 Defense will be picked apart by any Quarter Back worth his salt and it doesnt suit clinton there corners and safety arent fast enough they best one's probably Nick Frassier and he doesn't have good enough speed to lock down they recievers the way you need to in a 3-5

I would like Alcoa's chances against anyone in the state! Alcoa could beat alot of teams that are 4A, 5A, or 6A.

I would like Alcoa's chances against anyone in the state! Alcoa could beat alot of teams that are 4A, 5A, or 6A.

but how can you be sure about that who do they play thats a power house team? Alcoa against clinton i'll take clinton by 20 and clintons a middle of the pack team in clas 5A. I wouldnt give alcoa so much respect just yet they havent proved a thing agiasnt our states finest

Hey Bubba:

I'm not particularly fond of the way some teams run the 3-5, but I like it when its run similar to a 5-3. Walk up the OLB a bit, but split him out enough that it makes for a very difficult block for a TE or OT. Assign containment responsibilities to the OLB and free up the corners to focus on pass coverage. Slant the DL, and blitz back side OLB when there is no one in his slot. Not a perfect defense, but it certainly can be effective. If you have an inside backer capable of playing safety, you can easily drop him back on passing downs and rotate into a 3-4 cover 2 man under. Just a thought. I know Powell runs the 3-5, but not like I explained above. I believe their personnel this year suits a 4-3 much better than their 3-5.

couldnt of said it better if i tried

but how can you be sure about that who do they play thats a power house team? Alcoa against clinton i'll take clinton by 20 and clintons a middle of the pack team in clas 5A. I wouldnt give alcoa so much respect just yet they havent proved a thing agiasnt our states finest

What a joke. Alcoa would love to play the "states finest" but none of them are willing to take the chance to get spanked by a lower classification. Since you joined yesterday and have been on here slamming people, I'm assuming you are just trying to get people fired up.

What a joke. Alcoa would love to play the "states finest" but none of them are willing to take the chance to get spanked by a lower classification. Since you joined yesterday and have been on here slamming people, I'm assuming you are just trying to get people fired up.

if im not mistaken the only team i've slammed was alcoa because i think they're over rated and thats my personal opinion.... I'll even point out the flaws in my own favorite team if asked to do so and you honestly think that teams are scared... West tried to reach to them for a non region game but there coach said no so hows that bigger classifications being scared i think its more alcoa's coach saying no..... Bet thats something you didnt no

if im not mistaken the only team i've slammed was alcoa because i think they're over rated and thats my personal opinion.... I'll even point out the flaws in my own favorite team if asked to do so and you honestly think that teams are scared... West tried to reach to them for a non region game but there coach said no so hows that bigger classifications being scared i think its more alcoa's coach saying no..... Bet thats something you didnt no

I'll make a suggestion!

Get off of here, go to the Murphy Fair site or TSSAA or something and Study up on some football teams and their Rosters and then come on here and talk! Alcoa has proven theirselves against Maryville every year! They might not win, but they play close! Clinton is loaded with Talent, they have more returning starters than west does, and what is that like 17! You better just wait till you learn a little more about football before you get on here starting trouble! and besides that, Alcoa would DEMOLISH west! Maybe that is why he said NO! NO COMPETITION!

I'll make a suggestion!

Get off of here, go to the Murphy Fair site or TSSAA or something and Study up on some football teams and their Rosters and then come on here and talk! Alcoa has proven theirselves against Maryville every year! They might not win, but they play close! Clinton is loaded with Talent, they have more returning starters than west does, and what is that like 17! You better just wait till you learn a little more about football before you get on here starting trouble! and besides that, Alcoa would DEMOLISH west! Maybe that is why he said NO! NO COMPETITION!

If west isn't any competition then I don't know what you could call Clinton. Because what was the final score to that game again? ow i think 23 19 West. I'll admit they have a real athelete at QB but they have a terrible week O-line i hope by returning starts thats not some of the people you were talking about becasue they leave Mr. Stone scrambling every other play and he cant stay healthy that way. As far as Alcoa is concerned please they werent competitive with maryville i was there last year they lost even though maryville had several starters injured so don't throw that card out there Dragons fan keep your mouth shut until you finish higher then 3rd in your region!!!!