Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

If west isn't any competition then I don't know what you could call Clinton. Because what was the final score to that game again? ow i think 23 19 West. I'll admit they have a real athelete at QB but they have a terrible week O-line i hope by returning starts thats not some of the people you were talking about becasue they leave Mr. Stone scrambling every other play and he cant stay healthy that way. As far as Alcoa is concerned please they werent competitive with maryville i was there last year they lost even though maryville had several starters injured so don't throw that card out there Dragons fan keep your mouth shut until you finish higher then 3rd in your region!!!!

Clinton is the preseason favorites, but that dont mean much to me. Halls was picked to finish 2nd behind Maryville last year and I think Halls ended up finishing 5th or so. I believe the district is going to be alot closer than alot of people think. I believe that it is up for grabs and anyone could end up winning it......Central is just sitting back not doing alot of talking and i think they could be a very good team this year as well! West isnt in our district anymore , so i could care less about them. West is going to have their hands full in their new district and i wish them the best of luck! I like it when a middle of the pack team starts climbing up to the top and making some noise!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton is the preseason favorites, but that dont mean much to me. Halls was picked to finish 2nd behind Maryville last year and I think Halls ended up finishing 5th or so. I believe the district is going to be alot closer than alot of people think. I believe that it is up for grabs and anyone could end up winning it......Central is just sitting back not doing alot of talking and i think they could be a very good team this year as well! West isnt in our district anymore , so i could care less about them. West is going to have their hands full in their new district and i wish them the best of luck! I like it when a middle of the pack team starts climbing up to the top and making some noise!

Central does look to have some talent this year though there gonna still be the same loud mouth trash talking disrespectful bunch they always are. If they can get a good quarter back and a decent running game then they could do well as long as there defense can step up and make stops.

Central does look to have some talent this year though there gonna still be the same loud mouth trash talking disrespectful bunch they always are. If they can get a good quarter back and a decent running game then they could do well as long as there defense can step up and make stops.

How do you think the teams in this district will finish? Oak Ridge, Karns, and Hardin Valley are 6A. Anderson Co, Clinton, Central, Campbell Co., Powell, Halls are all 5A.

How do you think the teams in this district will finish? Oak Ridge, Karns, and Hardin Valley are 6A. Anderson Co, Clinton, Central, Campbell Co., Powell, Halls are all 5A.

I'd have to order it like this For 6A

1. Oak Ridge

2. Karns

3. Hardin Vally(they need to show me someting)

This way for 5A

1. Clinton and Halls fighting for top spot

2. (who ever looses the clinton halls game)

3. Anderson Co.

4. Central

5. Powell

6. and finally campbell county bringing up the rear

The playoff teams are

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Halls

Anderson Co. gets the wild card

If the new rules will allow this is how the playoffs SHOULD be but leave it to TSSAA to jack things up and let Karns make the playoffs.

Clinton's division dosent seem too hard they should clean house if all goes as planed finishing at the least 8-2 which will be good enough to win there region. They should pretty much coast until the playoffs come around

I'd have to order it like this For 6A

1. Oak Ridge

2. Karns

3. Hardin Vally(they need to show me someting)

This way for 5A

1. Clinton and Halls fighting for top spot

2. (who ever looses the clinton halls game)

3. Anderson Co.

4. Central

5. Powell

6. and finally campbell county bringing up the rear

The playoff teams are

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Halls

Anderson Co. gets the wild card

If the new rules will allow this is how the playoffs SHOULD be but leave it to TSSAA to jack things up and let Karns make the playoffs.

Clinton's division dosent seem too hard they should clean house if all goes as planed finishing at the least 8-2 which will be good enough to win there region. They should pretty much coast until the playoffs come around

We have a local sports show that comes on wed nights and this week Earl N. (a guy from tssaa) is going to be on there explaining how the playoffs are gong to work. If you live in Anderson or Roane county, you can watch it. If not, i think you might be able to get it on bbbtv12.com and watch it on the internet!

We have a local sports show that comes on wed nights and this week Earl N. (a guy from tssaa) is going to be on there explaining how the playoffs are gong to work. If you live in Anderson or Roane county, you can watch it. If not, i think you might be able to get it on bbbtv12.com and watch it on the internet!

I will do that because the Z plan kind of left me in the dark on the whol playoff set up. Do 2 6A team have to make playoffs or no?

I will do that because the Z plan kind of left me in the dark on the whol playoff set up. Do 2 6A team have to make playoffs or no?

It depends on how many 6A teams are in each district. In our district there are 3, so only 1 of them goes out of our district. If there were four 6A teams, two would go. And if there are five, i think only 2 go...but if there were six, 3 would go. Are you following? lol....it is giving me a headache just explaining it....lol.

It depends on how many 6A teams are in each district. In our district there are 3, so only 1 of them goes out of our district. If there were four 6A teams, two would go. And if there are five, i think only 2 go...but if there were six, 3 would go. Are you following? lol....it is giving me a headache just explaining it....lol.

In short, the top half go to the playoffs in each district (ex. top 3 of 6). It gets a little bit complicated with an odd number of teams. In district 3, there are 3 6A teams. Only one team is guaranteed a playoff spot; however, a second team could gain a "wild card" playoff berth, depending on their district/overall record (compared to other potential wild card teams).

There is 5A teams in Wests district so is the same true that ones garenteed but two is possible

In district 4, there are 3 5A teams (Lenoir City, Catholic, West). Only one team will be guaranteed a playoff spot, but a second team could earn a "wild card" berth, depending on their overall/district record at the end of the regular season. There are 5 6A teams in this district, meaning that only 2 teams will be guaranteed playoff spots, while a 3rd team could earn a wild card berth into the playoffs (depending on their overall/district record).

West is going to have a very tough road in order to get into the playoffs. On paper, all they have to do is beat Lenoir City and Catholic (or finish ahead of both teams in the district). However, beating Catholic will be easier said than done. If they can't beat Catholic, they will likely have to find a way to finish ahead of half the 6A teams in their district, just to have a shot at a wild card berth, which will be no easy task (although that depends on the strength of the other 5A teams vying for a wild card spot).

At first glance, I would assume that your playoff teams would be Maryville (6A), Farragut (6A), and Catholic (5A), with Bearden (6A) and West (5A) fighting for a wild card spot.

In district 3, I would assume that your playoff teams would be Oak Ridge (6A) and Clinton (5A), while the last 2 automatic 5A spots will be a crap shoot between Anderson County, Central, Halls, and Powell. With an even number of 5A teams in district 3, there will be no wild card eligible teams, but a 6A wild card team could emerge (Karns or Hardin Valley).

There is 5A teams in Wests district so is the same true that ones garenteed but two is possible

Here is some more helpful information. According to TSSAA, there are 5 districts that each have an odd number of 5A teams - districts 4, 9, 10, 12, and 14. Excluding wild card teams, there are 27 automatic playoff spots, which leaves 5 wild card spots available from those 5 districts.

Similarly, there are 24 automatic bids for 6A teams, while there will be 8 wild card spots available for teams from 7 districts (districts 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, and 16 have an odd number of teams), if my math is correct.