Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

I agree 100% ,but can we do that.

I would like to think that we can, but there is always going to be a few fans that just wont pull for a rival team. I never have understood why the county teams seem to hate each other the most, when we should be the ones sticking together. If we are going to dislike another team, at least let it be a team from another county. Does that make sense or does anybody disagree with me?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ( Clinton, AC, and O.R.) need to stick together and show the Knoxville area teams how good our county teams are! I would love for our three teams to make the playoffs out of our district this year! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

That would be something! I don't doubt that the Anderson Co. teams could hold their own with the Knoxville teams. The only thing you run into is "home cooking" in Knox Co. Of course, I guess the Knox Co. teams could say the same about the "home cooking" in Anderson County. Would be interesting to have the best A.Co. team play the best Knox Co. team on a neutral field with neutral refs somewhere. Take the best players from AC, Clinton, and OR vs. the best players from the Knox Co. teams in the same district and have a showdown!!!! Where do I buy my ticket???

That would be something! I don't doubt that the Anderson Co. teams could hold their own with the Knoxville teams. The only thing you run into is "home cooking" in Knox Co. Of course, I guess the Knox Co. teams could say the same about the "home cooking" in Anderson County. Would be interesting to have the best A.Co. team play the best Knox Co. team on a neutral field with neutral refs somewhere. Take the best players from AC, Clinton, and OR vs. the best players from the Knox Co. teams in the same district and have a showdown!!!! Where do I buy my ticket???

That would be fun to watch! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That would be fun to watch! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

yes it would...but i have to agree on the home cooking in Knoxville....i went to a AC catholic game a few years ago and i cant remember how many flags were thrown on AC....it was crazy cause there DB'S were holding AC's WR all night and nothing was called...im pretty sure that they have always been that way.

Does most people expect oak ridge to be that good

I really don't know how good Oak Ridge is going to be, but going on past history and their new coach I think they'll be pretty good in this district. After you get past Clinton I don't think there is a clear No. 2 team, but if I had to put money on it I would pick Oak Ridge simply because of their past success. Like I said earlier, it wouldn't surprise if any of the other teams jumped up and had a good year and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the better teams from past years struggled (this is the ultimate I have no clue post).

I fully expect Clinton to have a good year, and OR is clearly rebuilding from the previous disaster. But having said that, before I pick any of those teams over Oak Ridge, they are going to have to prove it to me. Those programs have had some very good teams, but historically Oak Ridge has been at a different level. Now this year, I would have to pick Clinton first based on last year's game and what Clinton has coming back, but I wouldn't be shocked to see OR pull out the victory under new coach Blade. Clinton's OL and DL are suspect. As far as the other 3, they may be able to hang with OR, but they'll have to prove it to me this year before I pick them over OR NEXT year.

My pick:

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Anderson County

Powell

BTW, I have never been wrong in picking this region. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I fully expect Clinton to have a good year, and OR is clearly rebuilding from the previous disaster. But having said that, before I pick any of those teams over Oak Ridge, they are going to have to prove it to me. Those programs have had some very good teams, but historically Oak Ridge has been at a different level. Now this year, I would have to pick Clinton first based on last year's game and what Clinton has coming back, but I wouldn't be shocked to see OR pull out the victory under new coach Blade. Clinton's OL and DL are suspect. As far as the other 3, they may be able to hang with OR, but they'll have to prove it to me this year before I pick them over OR NEXT year.

My pick:

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Anderson County

Powell

BTW, I have never been wrong in picking this region. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I would say your prob right but OR always seems to have good players...What kind of O does their coach run? Clinton's O and D line are very suspect but I think they will be better this year than they were last year. The thing that helps Clinton is that Stone can escape opponents D with ease...it looks like hes not trying at all to break tackles but he does. I think AC will be fine but their coach still has alot to prove and he has some big shoes to fill....What kind of O is AC gonna run this year? To tell you the truth I have no idea who will be the play makers for Powell or OR. Im looking forward to a great season and some great games!

I would say your prob right but OR always seems to have good players...What kind of O does their coach run? Clinton's O and D line are very suspect but I think they will be better this year than they were last year. The thing that helps Clinton is that Stone can escape opponents D with ease...it looks like hes not trying at all to break tackles but he does. I think AC will be fine but their coach still has alot to prove and he has some big shoes to fill....What kind of O is AC gonna run this year? To tell you the truth I have no idea who will be the play makers for Powell or OR. Im looking forward to a great season and some great games!

My understanding is that OR will run a spread oriented offense. OR tried to run some spread over the last couple of years, but (not trying to bash him here...) the former coach just didn't seem to know how to put in an offense that utilized a high percentage passing game. I believe the results will be quite different with Coach Blade.

The SR. QB is athletic and can run and pass, as long as he stays healthy. The RB who transferred in from out of the area looks pretty good to me. It appears there are some weapons at receiver and the OL looked fairly solid. I have only seen one "game" which was the spring game, and the RB's not real big but seems to have good vision and be pretty elusive. It was hard for me to get a great read on how effective the offense is going to be. It appeared to still need ALOT of work in the spring. The defense on the other hand looked dominant. Of course, who knows about the level of competition they were facing for one spring game. We'll know pretty soon! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can't speak much to Powell or AC, but I do know Powell is going to have big shoes to fill with the graduation of Houston. He was a large part of their offense, and very talented.

My understanding is that OR will run a spread oriented offense. OR tried to run some spread over the last couple of years, but (not trying to bash him here...) the former coach just didn't seem to know how to put in an offense that utilized a high percentage passing game. I believe the results will be quite different with Coach Blade.

The SR. QB is athletic and can run and pass, as long as he stays healthy. The RB who transferred in from out of the area looks pretty good to me. It appears there are some weapons at receiver and the OL looked fairly solid. I have only seen one "game" which was the spring game, and the RB's not real big but seems to have good vision and be pretty elusive. It was hard for me to get a great read on how effective the offense is going to be. It appeared to still need ALOT of work in the spring. The defense on the other hand looked dominant. Of course, who knows about the level of competition they were facing for one spring game. We'll know pretty soon! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can't speak much to Powell or AC, but I do know Powell is going to have big shoes to fill with the graduation of Houston. He was a large part of their offense, and very talented.

Where is Houston going to college?

yeah it was a wierd O last year for OR. Didnt they used to run a pro-style O? I think the Clinton/OR game will be a big game this year....but the AC/OR will be even bigger...it just seems those teams have been wanting to play each other year in and year out in a regular season game....that should be fun to watch....