Shelbyville transfers

oleVandyfan06

I aint got a dog in the race...Do you? But since you wanna talk about "transfers" and certain schools, do you even know what you are talking about? What is it to you if a family wants to make a move to better themselves? Are you saying you would not change jobs if it was going to make a difference for the better in you and your family's life? Seems as if you started this thread looking for nothing but to cause trouble. Congratulations.

How many titles do Jackson Co. and Clarkrange have with out "transfers"?

I think you just agreed with his/her point, that you have to cheat to win championships? Not that I agree.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Shelbyville's name and championships, I know nothing of their program and how it is run or has been ran in the past (Insell days). I have heard for years that they "recruited" while others said they "transferred". But I do know Jackson Co. has won all but one (1) gold ball with out a kid transferring in. There was more to the story than most know than just bball...Same with Clarkrange, they won the title last year with a transfer, were there was more to the story than bball, on their team but they have 8 others(titles). OleVandy just wanted to lump together other programs he/she probably has no clue about. Thats not fair to those kids or their respective programs.

Other than Shelbyville's name and championships, I know nothing of their program and how it is run or has been ran in the past (Insell days). I have heard for years that they "recruited" while others said they "transferred". But I do know Jackson Co. has won all but one (1) gold ball with out a kid transferring in. There was more to the story than most know than just bball...Same with Clarkrange, they won the title last year with a transfer, were there was more to the story than bball, on their team but they have 8 others(titles). OleVandy just wanted to lump together other programs he/she probably has no clue about. Thats not fair to those kids or their respective programs.

So what you are saying is that as long as there is "more to the story than bball" then it is okay to "transfer" or be recruited. I am sure there are many basketball programs who have kids transfer because there is "more to the story than bball" See Riverdale. Kids move in to change schools with coach...not to play basketball at Riverdale. But still it caused a big stir. Wilson Central gets kids from Mount Juliet that wanted to play at a different school but I am sure they move because there was "more to the story than bball" You can say they transferred for other reasons but in the end it is still a transfer to play basketball. I am sure the Clarkrange kids transferred to the school because they had a better cafeteria or better technology in the classroom as opposed to basketball issues.

So what you are saying is that as long as there is "more to the story than bball" then it is okay to "transfer" or be recruited. I am sure there are many basketball programs who have kids transfer because there is "more to the story than bball" See Riverdale. Kids move in to change schools with coach...not to play basketball at Riverdale. But still it caused a big stir. Wilson Central gets kids from Mount Juliet that wanted to play at a different school but I am sure they move because there was "more to the story than bball" You can say they transferred for other reasons but in the end it is still a transfer to play basketball. I am sure the Clarkrange kids transferred to the school because they had a better cafeteria or better technology in the classroom as opposed to basketball issues.

Did they kick your dog or something? You seem so invested as though they have taken a spot from your child. Whether you like it or not, they have not played a high school game, so officially they ARE NOT transfers. One of them won't even be in high school. They're are great, sweet, humble KIDS. Their mother did what she thought was best for her children. Which as a mother myself is what I feel a parent is supposed to do. You don't have to like it. She followed the rules that's all that matters. Get over it!

If that is what Shelbyville thinks they need to win a state championship then fine...recruit all you want. Bring Michael Jordan out of retirement and put a wig on him. I am sure he would have a reason that is "more than just bball" to move, i'm sorry TRANSFER to the mighty Shelbyville. The team I follow can beat their butt anytime...recruits and all. GO Shelbyville All-Stars.

Have you proven or can you prove recruting?

What I am saying is you have no idea what you are talking about as you proved in your post(s). There is more things than bball in transfers, but if they can play, sure, bball fits in. But, in the cases of JC and Clarkrange, there is/was more than ball. Now do you have a dog in the race? You have yet to answer the question.....I mean, really, what does this have to do with you other than starting trouble?

You say in the end they transferred for bball...So what. What is it to you? Can you prove that? Truthfully I think I did hear the cafeteria was better! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If that is what Shelbyville thinks they need to win a state championship then fine...recruit all you want. Bring Michael Jordan out of retirement and put a wig on him. I am sure he would have a reason that is "more than just bball" to move, i'm sorry TRANSFER to the mighty Shelbyville. The team I follow can beat their butt anytime...recruits and all. GO Shelbyville All-Stars.

Have you turned in your evidence of recruiting to the T$$AA? Thought so.

And your team is? If they are as good as you say you should have no problem mentioning them.

Have you proven or can you prove recruting?

What I am saying is you have no idea what you are talking about as you proved in your post(s). There is more things than bball in transfers, but if they can play, sure, bball fits in. But, in the cases of JC and Clarkrange, there is/was more than ball. Now do you have a dog in the race? You have yet to answer the question.....I mean, really, what does this have to do with you other than starting trouble?

You say in the end they transferred for bball...So what. What is it to you? Can you prove that? Truthfully I think I did hear the cafeteria was better! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Have you turned in your evidence of recruiting to the T$$AA? Thought so.

And your team is? If they are as good as you say you should have no problem mentioning them.

Those same schools continue to recruit the same as Shelbyville and none have been caught. They get a player that they want to have and plug her into that AAU program they have and like magic she transfers to Shelbyville. I have people that are close to several of the other schools I mentioned that tell me those girls from Clarkrange, Wilson Central, and Jackson Co have all transferred in for basketball and basketball only. Not the cafeteria or the academics. BASKETBALL!. It's a shame that the T$$AA continues to overlook their blatant violations. Unfortunately, as you are so blind to see, I cannot turn them in. It has to be a T$$AA member coach or administrator who files a complaint. Not the average fan or parent. You need to catch up on your rules before you go spouting off for people to turn them in to the T$$AA. If I could I would.

I will say this. These schools have a higher number of athletes who transfer in to their basketball program than most any other in the state. There is a difference if a kid is moved because of new schools or new realignment by school boards. I'm talking outright moving a kid so they can play BASKETBALL at a school.

these debates can go on for ever but the truth is everybodys school has transfers at one time or another but its always worse when they go somewhere else and I don't know of anyone who kicks shelbyville's butt game in and game out. I say they have beaten your team many more times than you have theirs with or without your or thier transfers and you 've had more than one if your the team I think you are. But we censor what we can but telling folks they can't move isn't one of them but there are the same rules everyone has to abide by. And I can only speak for JC but more percentage of our student body is move ins than the percentage that play sports.

You guys are deluding yourselves. Count the number of transfers Shelbyville has had over the years and compare it to any other school anywhere. Then realize that true bb fans have no respect for Shelbyville or for all of their championships.