Shelbyville transfers

oleVandyfan06

The system is geared for outlets for students to transfer and likely takes a lot of pressure of of schools to allow variances for what ever the reasons. It is a parents duty to do what he/she thinks is best for their child. This is the reason for as many outlets for them to do so. That really is not the issue. The issue is the many ways students can be induced to change schools to go to another school without a change of residence. And the ways schools have figured this out and recruit for positions and grades needed for the school to be more competitive. Yes, some schools have got it figured out more than others but much of this is within the rules and complain about it as you want, there are huge holes in the 7th and 8th grades and in open zoning, magnet schools and despite the loud voices, in some private schools. Why are the middle Schools so carefully watched and Middle school coaches courted by the high schools. They should be allowed if the student lives in their zone or the school is in their zone. But sometimes that even looks unfair.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those same schools continue to recruit the same as Shelbyville and none have been caught. They get a player that they want to have and plug her into that AAU program they have and like magic she transfers to Shelbyville. I have people that are close to several of the other schools I mentioned that tell me those girls from Clarkrange, Wilson Central, and Jackson Co have all transferred in for basketball and basketball only. Not the cafeteria or the academics. BASKETBALL!. It's a shame that the T$$AA continues to overlook their blatant violations. Unfortunately, as you are so blind to see, I cannot turn them in. It has to be a T$$AA member coach or administrator who files a complaint. Not the average fan or parent. You need to catch up on your rules before you go spouting off for people to turn them in to the T$$AA. If I could I would.

I will say this. These schools have a higher number of athletes who transfer in to their basketball program than most any other in the state. There is a difference if a kid is moved because of new schools or new realignment by school boards. I'm talking outright moving a kid so they can play BASKETBALL at a school.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have people!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your hilarious...are any of these "people" administrators or coaches?? Was I suppose to know you are not a coach or administrator?? Since you are not, surely some of your "people" knows someone who can turn them in. "If you could you would"....well bring your evidence to the "people" who can do something about it. If not quit your whining....This happens in all sports all the time and if the move is legal then go for it. Tell your kid or your team to get better and work harder. If folks would take care of their own back yard, they wouldn't have to worry about every one else's.....thats all you can control anyway.

You still have not answered any questions...Who is your team? What does any of this matter to you even if it is just BASKETBALL? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Honestly get a life. Most of the girls that leave a school to join the Eaglettes make contact with them first. You can not sit here and bad talk this school and program for being so successful in the time it has been. Seems like to me someone is jealous because the girls did not wanna come join their team? Could this be the case? If so, you should be ashamed. The Eaglettes work harder than most and only want one thing and plan on getting it every year, GOLD BALL! No they may have not gotten one lately but i don't think there has ever been a year that they did not make a good run for it. Now get off their case and grow up.

So you're saying some were contacted?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have people!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your hilarious...are any of these "people" administrators or coaches?? Was I suppose to know you are not a coach or administrator?? Since you are not, surely some of your "people" knows someone who can turn them in. "If you could you would"....well bring your evidence to the "people" who can do something about it. If not quit your whining....This happens in all sports all the time and if the move is legal then go for it. Tell your kid or your team to get better and work harder. If folks would take care of their own back yard, they wouldn't have to worry about every one else's.....thats all you can control anyway.

You still have not answered any questions...Who is your team? What does any of this matter to you even if it is just BASKETBALL? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

working harder will still get most average athletes only so far ..... if hard work and heart was all it took to get a gold ball, then there would be a bunch more contenders than what there are ..... there are a BUNCH of hard working teams right here in Middle Tennessee ..... many of these girls are off about a week after their last tourney game and then they are back in the gym preparing for the summer AAU/team games/camps ..... the absolute fact is this, regardless of the sport, if you don't have the horses, in all likelyhood, you will be going home early ..... and this we all know, the best horses tend to migrate to the greenest pastures ......

working harder will still get most average athletes only so far ..... if hard work and heart was all it took to get a gold ball, then there would be a bunch more contenders than what there are ..... there are a BUNCH of hard working teams right here in Middle Tennessee ..... many of these girls are off about a week after their last tourney game and then they are back in the gym preparing for the summer AAU/team games/camps ..... the absolute fact is this, regardless of the sport, if you don't have the horses, in all likelyhood, you will be going home early ..... and this we all know, the best horses tend to migrate to the greenest pastures ......

Good post and good point...Thats good debate. Working hard will get many average athletes to the next level...be it small colleges, but its playing and getting an education. But think about it, how many go pro..So there is just so far a "horse" can go. I agree with you that it takes more than hard work and heart to win the gold ball which I never said would, you have got to have as you say at least one "horse". But take one horse and a bunch of average hard working big hearted kids with a desire to win and of course a coach who can game plan accordingly, it can and has been done. The old saying is true that "you can't win the kentucky derby with a mule". But I disagree that the best horses tend to migrate to the greenest pastures. It can appear that way as we hear more about transferring these days (ie. coachT) but I think that there are a lot that stay with their program. I may be wrong on that....JMO.

I am a firm believer in working hard and believing. There is poster on coacht whose signature says "hard work will beat talent when talent won't work hard." A lot of truth in that statement.

I know it may seem I am an advocate for transferring. I am not...But I am not against it either...I just have no control over what someone else does and that is were I say just work harder and play smarter...Just give your best. If they are doing what they think is best and all is done proper and legal then good luck. Last year, for example, my daughter was the starting pg on her AAU team and the coach picks up a great pg to go with us to the nationals. My girl kinda worries about her spot...I told her to stink it up, work hard and it will all pan out. As it turns the kid we pick up was a good addition to the team and btw she did start but so did my daughter. They finished 7th. It was good for mine as she had to step up her game. This team has picked another guard to go with us again this year. It just makes mine work harder to keep playing. I know this is not high school I have been rambling about...But the point is the same..It happens and when it does, it just does. I also think we all get a little overboard about this subject anyway.

Good post and good point...Thats good debate. Working hard will get many average athletes to the next level...be it small colleges, but its playing and getting an education. But think about it, how many go pro..So there is just so far a "horse" can go. I agree with you that it takes more than hard work and heart to win the gold ball which I never said would, you have got to have as you say at least one "horse". But take one horse and a bunch of average hard working big hearted kids with a desire to win and of course a coach who can game plan accordingly, it can and has been done. The old saying is true that "you can't win the kentucky derby with a mule". But I disagree that the best horses tend to migrate to the greenest pastures. It can appear that way as we hear more about transferring these days (ie. coachT) but I think that there are a lot that stay with their program. I may be wrong on that....JMO.

I am a firm believer in working hard and believing. There is poster on coacht whose signature says "hard work will beat talent when talent won't work hard." A lot of truth in that statement.

I know it may seem I am an advocate for transferring. I am not...But I am not against it either...I just have no control over what someone else does and that is were I say just work harder and play smarter...Just give your best. If they are doing what they think is best and all is done proper and legal then good luck. Last year, for example, my daughter was the starting pg on her AAU team and the coach picks up a great pg to go with us to the nationals. My girl kinda worries about her spot...I told her to stink it up, work hard and it will all pan out. As it turns the kid we pick up was a good addition to the team and btw she did start but so did my daughter. They finished 7th. It was good for mine as she had to step up her game. This team has picked another guard to go with us again this year. It just makes mine work harder to keep playing. I know this is not high school I have been rambling about...But the point is the same..It happens and when it does, it just does. I also think we all get a little overboard about this subject anyway.

good post

• 3 weeks later...
Last fall Lawrence County was the focal point for the two girls from Giles County. That changed last Spring and into early summer. The older girl played in one camp with SCHS and the family even moved into Bedford County early in July. Now they are enrolled in LCHS and a middle school. What happened? Only the mother knows, I suppose. Rumors will fly and the truth will be difficult to find in this case. It happens and life in girls District 8 AAA will go on. Certainly LCHS will be the odds on favorite in the district this winter. Some teams wear that mantle well and others tend to falter, only time will tell. Will pressure bring out the best in the Wildcats or will they falter down the stretch? I have seen that happen and been a part of both scenarios. That is what makes girls basketball in the Mid-State so thrilling for those programs that aspire to achieve a championship. Best of luck to the contenders and a little mercy to the pretenders.

I for one hated to hear they left but a family got to do what a family feels is best for it no matter what the rest of us feel or say. Best of luck to the Young ladies they are very respectfull and are good players. Lawerence Co will be even tougher. The rest will have to pick our games up to give them a run.