District 13AA

cdja1991

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to DC and sorry to Haywood, Ripley, and Covington......

1) Gibson Co. - We may have lost two starters, but can you actually stop the other 3? The answer is...NO. Butler, Griffin, and Reedy will be back for their Senior season and lookin for back-to-back state championships.

2) Westview - Westview returns everything from last year. Made a great run last year and could've made it to the championship. Could we have 5 rounds of Gibson Co./Westview this year?

3) Obion Co. - Obion Co. lost the Eaves girl, but they return a D1 player in Chassidy Fussell. She's the one that makes OC go. They also return Katie Pate (6'2, C) and Macey Wright.

4) Milan - Milan lost a couple of Seniors, but they return their main player in Perika Glenn. She's definately a beast down in the post and hard for anyone to stop. Will she have any help step up?

5) Haywood

6) Dyersburg

7) Crockett Co.

8) Covington

9) Ripley

I edited it....

Westview COULD'VE been in the championship. If you're a GC or Westview fan it's should've, because it SHOULD'VE been 5 rounds of GC and Westview last year, lol.

Livingston was definately worthy enough to be playing for the state championship, don't get me wrong. Their defense was probably the best I saw last year at the state tournaments reguardless of classification. They were well coached and had good players and should be back to Murfreesboro (OR TENN. TECH) again this year. I just would've preferred 5 rounds of GC and Westview last year, lol.

Don't read too much into it, it's not what I meant towards LA.

GCP, thats why I asked...Thanks for clearing it up. If I or 7-AA would have hade 2 teams in it I would have felt the same way had they met 4 other times. Good luck to yall over there this year all though your not gonna need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The way things are it could be an all 13-AA title game this season.

I edited it....

Westview COULD'VE been in the championship. If you're a GC or Westview fan it's should've, because it SHOULD'VE been 5 rounds of GC and Westview last year, lol.

Livingston was definately worthy enough to be playing for the state championship, don't get me wrong. Their defense was probably the best I saw last year at the state tournaments reguardless of classification. They were well coached and had good players and should be back to Murfreesboro (OR TENN. TECH) again this year. I just would've preferred 5 rounds of GC and Westview last year, lol.

Don't read too much into it, it's not what I meant towards LA.

watch out for Haywoods girls. A couple of really athletic and talented players and the entire team will be athletic. Should pull out 4th behind the big three with a possiblity of upsetting one (NOT GC)

watch out for Haywoods girls. A couple of really athletic and talented players and the entire team will be athletic. Should pull out 4th behind the big three with a possiblity of upsetting one (NOT GC)

I could see them and Milan swapping spots. I put Milan there mainly for one reason, Perika Glenn. If she had some good guards around her, Perika would be just that much better. I watched her some at the team camps and she was pushing people around and scoring at will on most of them.

I could very well see Haywood replacing Milan at the #4 spot. Haywood nearly pulled off the upset of all upsets last year against Obion Co. in the region semi's losing by only 3 points. I won't be surprised to see them upset some people this coming year.

1. MW everybody back from a tourney run last year. Plenty of depth with experience.

1A GC big 3 back and a solid 4th. Plenty of O, Russell will have the D figured out pretty quick.

3. OC is a solid club that could upset 1 or 1A @ home. OC has 5 solid starters. Bench may not be as solid as needed.

4. Covington very quick, fast paced, aggressive, return several players from 08

5. Haywood see Covington

6. Dyersburg several players back with experience from last year. play hard

7. Milan a solid 5 players, too bad some play the same position. Piece of the puzzle is mia. (S Gray come back)

8. Crockett County will improve

9. Ripley tough year.

sls, Didn't realize that Covington returned so much talent. Dyersburg beat them by 30 last year, but the Lady Chargers on 51 did beat North Side. They will be good, probably better than where I had them.

Rumor has it that Haywood and Ripley are both planning tributes to the legendary WesCharge when the Martin crew visits their gyms. Can anybody confirm?

I was told tonight from reliable resource that Kaitlin Campbell is not playing for Westview next year. I was told she didn't play team camp with 'em and has quit. That's a big loss for Westview as she is a scrappy player and was a key reserve for Westview last year.

sls and 13aa, who do ya'll think can stop Reedy, Griffin, and Butler for 32 minutes? Also to go along with that press that EVERY team has problems with. Yes, we lost Jennings and Garner, but Courtney Haynes is just as quick as Jeniqua and our 5th girl is just as good defensively as Garner if not better. The other 2 starters, outside of the big 3, are going to most likely be Sophomores. 1 Sophomore started alot last year and the other is going to surprise you. Mark my words /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Westview, that's who. They did it once last year (took OT) and almost did it in Martin. Now granted, the Lady Pioneers rolled twice in district and region but nobody was able to stop them then.

Gibson Co. will be VERY good. No question. But the odds for back to back aren't in their favor. Only 1 (Austin-East) of the last 5 AA champs made it to state the year after winning a championship, and they lost in the first round. The other 4 didn't even make it out of region. Plus, Russell is one of the best coaches ever in this state but at GCHS: 3 trips to state, 1 and done the last two times.

Not to mention that the #1 and #2 scorers in West TN are back, and they both play for other schools in 13AA. Best of luck to all our teams. There will be some exciting games this season.