Memphis Prospects, unbelievable amount of BIGTIME talent

yankees8589

I think Parks is a legit 6'3, could be 6'4 but sometimes an inch or so is added to these kids real height. I have seem Black listed at 6'8 when he is actually more like 6'6 or pushing 6'7.

I really like Parks game. Kid is really strong physically and has legit 3 point range. Parks is a legit high major talent.

Parks will really open some eyes playing alonside Jackson, Black, and Wade. Parks will end up nationally ranked eventually...if not after this July evaluation period it will be next summer. I can see Parks getting some serious attention from some of the SEC and Big 12 schools. I'm sure some of these schools are well aware of Parks talent. Why the services haven't picked up on Parks as of yet could very well be beacuse he hasn't played as much AAU (and some of the mjaor events) as some of the other kids.

Yankee, do you know what are the colleges recruiting him right now? I know memphis, vanderbilt and Duke showed interest...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason people keep omitting Nate Rucker out of Memphis melrose. To me he is one of the best big men in the state. Saw him play against most of the big men in memphis and they could not handle him down low. Even Black and tank brown was in foul trouble in the first quarter after sticking him. And Hall from Whitestation would not even stick him in the region championship. Saw him a few weeks back playing on the wing for memphis select and that was scary, because he was taking players off the dribble and embarrassing them. And he is starting to develop a decent jumper. Rumors is that he is going to Southern Miss where his sister Candace Rucker now plays. Does anyone else have any info who is looking at him? I just think he is very underrated on a superstar laden team. Jermaine hollimon is also another player thats getting high major looks but no respect in town. Coach Rhodes of memphis select said the phone rings off the hook for Rucker and hollimon. When people start rating seniors for next season and leave these 2 off must just go off whats in publications and have seen them play.

Ive seen Rucker play and know doubt he is a mid mjoar D1 that may or may not go higher.

Anybody that has followed this board dating back to after the 2007/2008 and before the 2008/2009 season will see I have stated many times that I think Memphis Melrose will be a nationaly ranked team in 2009/2010 or at worst garner some national recognition. This was before the outstanding seeason Melrose had last season, coming off a slightly better than .500 season in 2007/2008.

This isn't based on press reports. As a matter of fact I haven't seen any press reports that say's Melrose will be a nationaly ranked team next season. That's just my personal opinion based on watching them and the makeup of the roster.

Very Good posts bball fans. The next two years should be very interesting with so many great players coming through the area. Quickly my personal opinion is that if their are 16 or 17 better players than Joe Jackson in the nation then WOW. Tarik Black is solid, but I havent seen a top 50 player game from him. Lastly I believe that Melrose is so stacked with talent that it may effect them as a team and individually.....

Very Good posts bball fans. The next two years should be very interesting with so many great players coming through the area. Quickly my personal opinion is that if their are 16 or 17 better players than Joe Jackson in the nation then WOW. Tarik Black is solid, but I havent seen a top 50 player game from him. Lastly I believe that Melrose is so stacked with talent that it may effect them as a team and individually.....

Terop I totally agree. Have not seen a top 50 player game out of black. I saw him play a few times this year And saw him get outplayed in the game against melrose in the region. And yea show me the other 17 players ahead of jackson. The kid has matured past just a scorer. On the melrose situation, you are so right about the melrose problem. Im a melrose alum living in knoxville. They have almost too much talent. U have Thomas, Jones, and the new kids with Rucker lost in the middle. Most kids there will have to show their stuff in the summer showcases. I dont think they will have the so called superstar that everyone come on here raving about because they are loaded from top to bottom. And I hope it dont effect the team. I want to see Hollimon and Rucker get their due before leaving. But they might just have to do that next week instead of depending on the sason. And not care about rankings and ratings. July make everyone even.

Melrose will have a superstar in Adonis Thomas and if he can check his ego at the door they are going to be the best team in the state in my opinion. I'm sticking with what Ive been saying all along about Melrose.

It's a good point to make that they could have to much talent. Duncanville Texas was loaded last season and was preseason number one and they ended up losing quite a few games, even though they had a ton of high major D1 players. On the other hand alot of other teams in the country were loaded as well and they did just fine. It's all about checking egos at the door and playing as a team.

Im not sure Chris Jones will be playing with Melrose this upcoming season. Ive been told he may go to prep school. I could be wrong, though.

As to Tarik Black. He has been holding his own and has been very impressive thus far on the AAU circuit. Ive said for years that the highschool game can harness a kids talent. Maybe that's what happened with Black...maybe not. Time will tell. But, his ranking is not a fluke as evidenced by his performances against some of the best players in the country this spring/summer. Memphis, Duke, UCLA, Arkansas, and a host of others are really interested in this kid. These schools would not waste a scholarship on a kid if they didn't think he could play at the hghest level.

Melrose will have a superstar in Adonis Thomas and if he can check his ego at the door they are going to be the best team in the state in my opinion. I'm sticking with what Ive been saying all along about Melrose.

It's a good point to make that they could have to much talent. Duncanville Texas was loaded last season and was preseason number one and they ended up losing quite a few games, even though they had a ton of high major D1 players. On the other hand alot of other teams in the country were loaded as well and they did just fine. It's all about checking egos at the door and playing as a team.

Im not sure Chris Jones will be playing with Melrose this upcoming season. Ive been told he may go to prep school. I could be wrong, though.

As to Tarik Black. He has been holding his own and has been very impressive thus far on the AAU circuit. Ive said for years that the highschool game can harness a kids talent. Maybe that's what happened with Black...maybe not. Time will tell. But, his ranking is not a fluke as evidenced by his performances against some of the best players in the country this spring/summer. Memphis, Duke, UCLA, Arkansas, and a host of others are really interested in this kid. These schools would not waste a scholarship on a kid if they didn't think he could play at the hghest level.

What's up Yankee?? I agree about Thomas, with him being ranked so high he will definitely be the go to man for Melrose. If Chris Jones leaves, that might hurt Melrose big time though despite having so much talent at other positions. As far as Tarik Black goes like I said he's a solid player. I haven't keep up with him on the aau circuit this summer. My opinion was based on regular season games that I have attended and seen with my own eyes. I'm quite sure with the rankings and the schools that are looking at him, they have evaluated him a lot more than I have. Lastly Yankee with the addition of Melrose's Nino Johnson at White Station, I think that WS will have the best team again.

If it is true that Chris Jones has used all of his eligibility Melrose has rising Junior Point Guard Kerrel Davis to take the reigns, Newby and another rising sophmore Devontae Hampton will get some PT at the PG spot too. This may or may not hurt Melrose, they have a capable backups, but they have to recreate Jones' scoring. Tevin Wilkerson needs a big year for Melrose for them to reach their potential. I'm giving the edge to Melrose over White Station this year. I expect Central and Memphis East to do some damage in 16-AAA, what are your predictions for 15-AAA.

P.S. Have you guys seen the Top 40 camp video on memphisroar.com. Adons and Jalen Kendrick(Atlanta,GA) were ripping it up.

What's up Yankee?? I agree about Thomas, with him being ranked so high he will definitely be the go to man for Melrose. If Chris Jones leaves, that might hurt Melrose big time though despite having so much talent at other positions. As far as Tarik Black goes like I said he's a solid player. I haven't keep up with him on the aau circuit this summer. My opinion was based on regular season games that I have attended and seen with my own eyes. I'm quite sure with the rankings and the schools that are looking at him, they have evaluated him a lot more than I have. Lastly Yankee with the addition of Melrose's Nino Johnson at White Station, I think that WS will have the best team again.

What's up? Nino Johnson to White Station is going to be a huge addition for them. Ridgeway is going to be really good as well. I also heard Mardracus Wade might transfer to Southwind (I think that's the school). I don't know that to be fact though. I't going to be a very good 2009/2010 season for alot of the Memphis teams. Memphis has a stragle hold on AAA.

If it is true that Chris Jones has used all of his eligibility Melrose has rising Junior Point Guard Kerrel Davis to take the reigns, Newby and another rising sophmore Devontae Hampton will get some PT at the PG spot too. This may or may not hurt Melrose, they have a capable backups, but they have to recreate Jones' scoring. Tevin Wilkerson needs a big year for Melrose for them to reach their potential. I'm giving the edge to Melrose over White Station this year. I expect Central and Memphis East to do some damage in 16-AAA, what are your predictions for 15-AAA.

P.S. Have you guys seen the Top 40 camp video on memphisroar.com. Adons and Jalen Kendrick(Atlanta,GA) were ripping it up.

I saw that video.GOOD STUFF!!!!!!