Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

This all-state team was based on just play from the state tournament, so it is not uncommon for multiple players to make the team, especially if some teams only have one good player that carries them.

As far as this rankings of top players, take it with a grain of salt. It reminds me of the BCS in college football?

There were players on the TWSA all-state team that never came close to making in to the

state tournament. I agree that this ranking does not include all the best players. I'm sure

the players that are on the list are good and should be congratulated for making the list but

it certainly is not complete or necessarily in the proper ranking.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This all-state team was based on just play from the state tournament, so it is not uncommon for multiple players to make the team, especially if some teams only have one good player that carries them. I am not saying this about any team that was playing the state, just the regular season or who is the better all around player does not come into play on the all-state tournament team. You can average 3 points per game during the regular season and average 25 during the tournament and be the MVP, so the team members are skewed to that affect.

As far as this rankings of top players, take it with a grain of salt. It reminds me of the BCS in college football?

You're wrong about that because Molly Wallsmith wasn't in the state tournament.. IAnd even if it were true..T.T.Flowers had about 21 points in that game..Again..there weren't 15 players in Single A better thann her last year

There were players on the TWSA all-state team that never came close to making in to the

state tournament. I agree that this ranking does not include all the best players. I'm sure

the players that are on the list are good and should be congratulated for making the list but

it certainly is not complete or necessarily in the proper ranking.

I agree...I'm sure all those girls are good players..Not putting any girls down that were named..Not saying T.T. is the best..maybe not in the top ten last year..But I know she carried Lake Co all year and to the state tournament as a freshman..Beat a Bradford team that many felt had as much talent as any team in the state...Won 2 out of 3 meetings with T.T. leading the way..I just think the Sportswriters should get out and watch before they vote..And again..if a team has 3 players make the all state team..should finish a lot better than 4th place in their own district..But like you said..this wasn't for just state tournament play..It was for the season..And even if it was for just the state tournament..TT. Flowers would have bben in the top seven by her performance..Not 3 girls ahead of her from 1 team..Clarkrange had 4 players on the team..I really don't believe all 4 of them are better than T.T. but at least they won every game during the regular season and won the state..Didn't finish 4th..Maybe some of those girls sacrificed some things they could do and may have been stars or had better stats on other teams.... So I could go with Clarkrange having 4 playes..But still..I don't believe personally all 4 they had were better than T.T.

I agree...I'm sure all those girls are good players..Not putting any girls down that were named..Not saying T.T. is the best..maybe not in the top ten last year..But I know she carried Lake Co all year and to the state tournament as a freshman..Beat a Bradford team that many felt had as much talent as any team in the state...Won 2 out of 3 meetings with T.T. leading the way..I just think the Sportswriters should get out and watch before they vote..And again..if a team has 3 players make the all state team..should finish a lot better than 4th place in their own district..But like you said..this wasn't for just state tournament play..It was for the season..And even if it was for just the state tournament..TT. Flowers would have bben in the top seven by her performance..Not 3 girls ahead of her from 1 team..Clarkrange had 4 players on the team..I really don't believe all 4 of them are better than T.T. but at least they won every game during the regular season and won the state..Didn't finish 4th..So..I could go with that

4th in district 7A is not bad, but I agree. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

4th in district 7A is not bad, but I agree. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would even agree with you on the district being tough..But didn't they finish behind Jackson Co and maybe Clay Co..Not saying that's bad either..but I don't believe those teams had 3 players..!I would expect any team that supposedely had 3 all state players on the team to not finish 4th..I would expect a first place finish and maybe a run at the state..But since Clarkrange had 4 players and were so dominant..Maybe at least a 2nd place finish..!

I would even agree with you on the district being tough..But didn't they finish behind Jackson Co and maybe Clay Co..Not saying that's bad either..but I don't believe those teams had 3 players..!I would expect any team that supposedely had 3 all state players on the team to not finish 4th..I would expect a first place finish and maybe a run at the state..But since Clarkrange had 4 players and were so dominant..Maybe at least a 2nd place finish..!

Finished 4th in district losing to Clay by 1 point. Beat Jackson Co in the region.

Finishing 4th in 7A is the same as unbeaten and 1st in ANY other district in the state. And Pickett Co. went to the state beating Arts & Sciences in the substate on their homecourt ending their 22 or 23 game winning streak. Gibson, Garner and Garrett should be on any top player list. 7A will mop up again this year!

Finishing 4th in 7A is the same as unbeaten and 1st in ANY other district in the state. And Pickett Co. went to the state beating Arts & Sciences in the substate on their homecourt ending their 22 or 23 game winning streak. Gibson, Garner and Garrett should be on any top player list. 7A will mop up again this year!

I don't believe they would have finished 1st in District 14A...I believe Pickett Co lost by a pretty good margin by 8 or 10 points..really can't remember the score to Jackson Madison..South Fulton ,the 8th place team in district 14A only lost to Madison by 2 points and Union City ,the 4th place team in district 14A beat that same Madison team by 23 points,59-36..!

T.T. Flowers is getting a little more competition and exposure..T.T. is playing with her AAU team in the nationals in Florida this week..Her team are all from Lake Co with the exception of two players in the tournament..Her team won the state and I believe all are going to be freshmen or sophomores this year...If I'm reading the brackets right,the top two teams from each pool advance to the championship bracket..I believe her team went 2-1 in pool play..I also just saw that they lost to Virginia about 88-75...There are also a couple more Tenn teams in the tournament as well in Moore Co,a team made up of players from Moore Co.,,Cornersville, and Sewanee and a team from Carter co,made up of players from Carter Co,Happy Valley,Cloudlad,and Elizabethton,which may be all schools from Carter Co as far as I know..The team T.T. plays for beat both those teams to win the state but Carter Co and Moore Co looked like they both finished in the top two teams in their pool and advanced to the championship bracket as well....Looks like Moore Co won 82-29 over a team from Florida..That's if I'm reading the brackets right..But anyway....At least all of them have won a couple games and advanced against top calibre teams ..No matter how all the teams do,all are getting some valuable experience..Good luck to all the Tenn. teams..!

Comparing scores really does nothing though.

That's right..It's all about match ups sometimes..just that with Bradford,Lake Co.,Gleason,Humboldt,Greenfield...all very good teams..just don't think Pickett Co would have finished 1st over those teams..I said Union City was 4th but after looking at those teams..believe they actually finished 5th or 6th..I could see Union City beating any of those teams because Union City had talent as well but not by 23 points..And Pickett Co. lost to a team that was beaten by 23 points by a team in our district by that many points..Not just 3 or 4 points..Pickett Co may have finished in the top 5 in /District 14 A...So we'll maybe see this year..Looks like Grenfield is going to be strong as well as Gleason,Lake co and Bradford..Maybe some of those teams will meet them in a camp ot Christmas tournament..!

Bigster,

You cant argue with these 7A people. Everybody that keeps up with basketball knows about 14A and their history except for some 7A fans, a few of the 7A fans recognize 14A but not many. No team deserves 3 All State players that cant win their district, whatever district they play in.

I only saw Pickett play at the state tournament but Pickett wouldnt have made it out of the district last year in 14A if they played like they did at Murfresboro.