Sequatchie County

Sequatchie

Living in Red Bank is started off my football breakfast with a10:00 Am scrmmage between Hixson and Sequatchie. I was suprised by the size and play of Hixson line, which was very good i thought, and on the flip side i was suprised on how the Indians Interior matched up well. I thought skill wise hixson may have had the more speed between the two but you really couldnt tell with it raining all that morning, I thought the scrimmae went well for both teams, and both teams got better which is what you want from a scrimmage. I think hixson will suprise some people if their team stays healthy, i think alot of people are under estimating them. On the other side, I see the Indians building on there success from last year and puting together another winning season, IMO i think they win their district. Congrats to both teams for getting after it and making each other better. Best of luck to both!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bold prediction sequatchie. It is never a disappointing year when the kids play to their ability and play fundamentally sound every snap. I expect to win every time we set foot on the field but this years schedule is tougher top to bottom than last year. You underestimate teams like signal mountain. They will be very tough. The district will be competitive. Bold predictions lead to people losing jobs. I know what the Indians are capable of doing but they must stay healthy and play together as a team. Thanks for the added expectations though. Maybe we won't disappoint you and all the indian faithful! :evil:

fundamentally sound every snap. That is ALL any coach can ask for, every thing else just falls into place, injuries, refs, parents, weather, homelife, girlfriends, backstabbing assistants, and etc. I have seen alot of really good Sequatchie teams have great seasons up to week five and have a bad game and fall apart. Because of the negativity. Happened to me my last year at Whitwell when I was a head coach, We were 4-1, lost to Marion and the wheels feel off. Did not happen last year at Sequatchie, glad to see that. Now that I am in the outside looking in, it seems to me that ALL, the old SVC teams are heading in the right direction. Even that pucky purple team in Jasper :roflolk:

• 1 year later...