halls vs. clinton 2009 week 0

hallsfan10

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Halls has not started hitting yet, but does anyone know how the first few days of practice have gone? The skill guys looked fair in the passing league. How do the lineman look?

I will try to get to a practice one day this week. I am also planning to go to DB this Friday.

Does Clinton have any scrimmages this week?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go back a few pages to find this thread. Not much talk lately about this matchup. I guess most consider it a blow out.

I have seen one Halls practice and two scrimmages. i now think Halls might be be a playoff contender. I am not sure how many 5A teams get in from our district. I think it is three. Clinton would have to be considered the favorite for #1. Halls, Central, AC and Powell are probably in the running for the other two spots. I think CC is the only other 5A school. I have heard they might be down a little this year, but I am not sure.

As for the Clinton - Halls game: Halls has done well against a couple good opponents in scrimmages, but I still think Clinton has too many weapons. Halls would have to find a way to outscore Clinton and I don't see that happening based on the two scrimmages. (3 Tds for the first string) I would have to say Clinton by 2 TDs. I will still be pulling for my Red Devils. Who knows? a couple of INT's by the quick Halls secondary and things could get crazy.

I had to go back a few pages to find this thread. Not much talk lately about this matchup. I guess most consider it a blow out.

I have seen one Halls practice and two scrimmages. i now think Halls might be be a playoff contender. I am not sure how many 5A teams get in from our district. I think it is three. Clinton would have to be considered the favorite for #1. Halls, Central, AC and Powell are probably in the running for the other two spots. I think CC is the only other 5A school. I have heard they might be down a little this year, but I am not sure.

As for the Clinton - Halls game: Halls has done well against a couple good opponents in scrimmages, but I still think Clinton has too many weapons. Halls would have to find a way to outscore Clinton and I don't see that happening based on the two scrimmages. (3 Tds for the first string) I would have to say Clinton by 2 TDs. I will still be pulling for my Red Devils. Who knows? a couple of INT's by the quick Halls secondary and things could get crazy.

I said this a month ago before all the scrimmages started......Halls is a very dangerous team to start the season off with. You never know which way the ball is going to bounce. I believe Halls is going to be in the top 3 of the district when the season is over. :thumb:

I don't know if Halls is good enough to strike fear in anyone, but they are playing better football. So far, they are playing pretty stingy on defense and, with an improved passing attack, the offense might put up a few more points.

We'll see.

Clinton, Seveir Co, Powell, Webb and Oak Ridge make for a pretty tough first half of the season.

I don't know if Halls is good enough to strike fear in anyone, but they are playing better football. So far, they are playing pretty stingy on defense and, with an improved passing attack, the offense might put up a few more points.

We'll see.

Clinton, Seveir Co, Powell, Webb and Oak Ridge make for a pretty tough first half of the season.

Having a good defense will keep you in alot of games, and if the score is close....anything is possible!