halls vs. clinton 2009 week 0

hallsfan10

Halls people are the hardest people in the world to discuss a game with! EVERY year all they do is talk about stuff they dont like. #1 help for success is support from parents and fans for the coaches!!!! I say the Clinton defense will surprise people and i say....

Clinton 38 Halls 7

Halls has plenty of support. I just think these kind of boards bring out the second guessers and the armchair quarterbacks.

I am more than happy to talk about the game. I love Friday nights. I will try to start some discussion.

Reasons Clinton will win

1. Stars on offense - Stone, Hazzlehurst and Co. should provide plenty of offense to win.

2. Mental edge - Clinton won last year at Halls and Clinton has most key members back.

3. Halls QB - Halls lost starting QB less than two weeks before kickoff and the next two have nearly 0 varsity experience.

Reasons Halls will win

1. Halls is at home - Given the fact of the previously stated "mental edge," Halls traditionally plays pretty well at home. (Plus they grow the grass knee deep and drench the field right before kickoff) :huh:

2, Underdog mentality - Halls is expected to lose. They were underdogs before the QB car accident. Decent teams can sometimes play great when "up against it."

3. Big Plays - Last year Clinton got two long passes and several Halls turnovers. If big plays even out or go toward Halls this year things might end differently.

4. Webb - This could go either way. Clinton's scrimmage against Webb might get Clinton fired up as an earlier post suggested. On the other hand, Halls played Webb pretty close in the passing league twice.

After reading this post, I will still stick with my earlier prediction.

What do you think Dragons07?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Webb - This could go either way. Clinton's scrimmage against Webb might get Clinton fired up as an earlier post suggested. On the other hand, Halls played Webb pretty close in the passing league twice.

I was at the Webb vs Clinton scrimmage as were a few from Halls and several from Central by the way. My take on that scrimmage was that Webb handled them for the most part. Both teams played very hard and physical. Bottom line is that I think Clinton is better than they showed vs Webb. I really don't think they expected this small private school to be as physical as they were and with the quality at skill positions they have. Using how Webb and Halls played against each other in the passing league should really not be used as a barometer for how Halls will do against Clinton as neither Halls or Webb rely on the passing game that much.

With all that said, I would really expect this game to be very close. I saw some goods things out of Halls defense at the Jamboree and I think they can slow Clinton down. The only question for me is how the new QB at Halls will play. If Halls can control the line of scrimmage and run the ball successfully I think they'll have a good chance to win this game. However, Clinton has a ton of talent, especially on offense and if they get rolling and in a rhythm, they can be very difficult to stop. Their TE is very good and if their big RB gets the carries he can wear you down.

Good luck to both teams this season!

While we can post any of our thoughts, concerns, & gripes, this forum is not like talking on a private call with your buddies. The coaches do not care what goes on here but, our kids do read this stuff & it does matter to them. All of this focus on single player/s is what caused discontent last year & we all know how that turned out. I just think we should recognize that these kids see what you post, so I think we should speak our minds but do so with a little thought prior to posting.

Comparing one player's personal non-football information against the other here is not productive if you don't use the real football stats. For clues, see last year's yards per carry & TD's per carry stats. See body wt. to strenth charts. See track records last 4 years. Go watch practice & see who knows assignments, alignments & executes blocks. Both current backs had decent runs last year primarily because #23 could block very well in addition to being the main rusher. All of our backs need to step it up blocking wise.

The coaches (if they stay in town :huh: will decide how many touches one player or another gets based on what they think is best for the situation & opponent. If one player gets 20+ touches, so be it, but historically no individual Wing-T RB will get that many & the truth is we do NOT have a Devrin Young caliber player on this team. I'll bet 99% of people who DO know about HS football will agree on that. But so-what?, we can still play our strength, which in my opinion is a lot of good, relatively fast, similarly sized skill position athletes who have individual things that they do better than others. The coaches can and will choose them based on what they think is best for the game plan & situation.

To assume that what we did offensively in the jamboree is what we will do during the real games is ignorant. AE has one of the best defensive teams in the state. Perhaps our coaches were just trying to set up the fast-flowing AE defense for some type of counter the opposite direction. Our problem appeared to be that we could not block AE well enough to get the set-up plays (most probably to #6/1)executed. So I do not think they were slighting anyone, it just didn't work out in the 12 min. we had.

Our team has enough problems as it is. These kids have been playing together a long time & know how to be true teammates if we will let them. I for one, want only for our kids to enjoy this season as best they can now. The season is here. This is GAME WEEK. We are who we are & we have what we have. Let's help our kids reach that little extra-level of acheivement that only comes from a TEAM pulling in the same direction.

Lets focus on the mighty Dragons.

HB76

This should be a pretty good game....The thing with this years game is that halls didnt face #2 last year....If they don't wrap him up he will hurt you....If halls somehow stops him (not many people have) they still have to stop stone and the quick and powerfull WR's...The D will be fine but clinton usually has promblems with Halls style Offense...I think clinton will have there minds right and will show up on friday...I saw them practicing last night when i was on my way to work at Claxton's elementary's football field (on a Sunday night with no coaches) and I think webb really woke them up and showed them they have to show up to games...I think this will be a great game....but I think in the later stages of the game Clinton is just to much for Halls.....28-14 Clinton

I still say Clinton wins 38 - 14 14points scored against Clinton's JV!

Your not only saying that Clinton scores 38 points, but your saying that this will happen early enough in the game that Halls will be able to score two touchdowns against the JV team in the fourth quarter.

You might be right.

However, I don't see any team scoring 38 points on this Halls defense in 3 quarters or so. Maybe, if there are a couple of pick/six touchdowns and a few fumbles deep in the Halls end, a punt or Kickoff returned for a TD and Halls goes 3 and out the rest of the time, it could happen.

No, I changed my mind. It won't happen.

I still say Clinton wins 21 - 10 or so. But... I am still pulling for the upset. I hope it is a great game to watch. There should be a pretty good crowd.

I love Friday night football as well.

Im not taking anything away from halls...but Halls D is gonna have to play very very good to keep CLinton from scoring 30 or more points...In about all of Clinton"s games last year they put 30 or more on there opponents( 7 games I think) I have watched both these teams play in the pre-season and I am a fan of Clinton and Halls but Halls is gonna have to play there best game of the year on D to stop Clinton...They score very quick... From watching Halls in their scrimmages, i dont know if there Secondary is good enough to deal with stone cause he has very good ball placement and a massive arm...Clinton has fast WRs and a very good TE in Chapman(they will have to wrap him up are he will hurt you). They also have weston back and he really breaks down D with his vision and will to never go down. That being said i hope this is a good game and like i said before Halls NEEDS to keep Clinton's O off the field, Its not about Halls D its about their O running the Clock down, If you give Clinton the ball they have plenty of weapons to make plays.....Good luck Devils and Dragons

Keys to Halls winning the game

*First Keep Clinton's O off the Field( keep them under 50% of the game clock are they will be hard to beat)

*QB play will be huge without Dowdy, Keep you QBs calm their gonna make mistakes let them know there doing good.

*Seconday and Linebacker play is huge for halls( take good angles when you going after stone or weston all they need is a little room)

Keys to Clinton Winning the Game

* Dont get big heads(thats what happened to halls last year)

* Give #2 the ball (he hardly touched it in the Webb scrimmage and hes a play maker)

*O line needs to block better

I'm a new one here. i have been reading for months some of the posts and thought I would finally register. I would like to jump in here and say a word or two myself. I say why don't we all just set back and get ready to watch football Friday night. Whoever shows up on that field to play and play hard will the game. Everyone expects Clinton to win and everyone expects Halls to lose. There are pros and cons on both sides. I myself am going to be rooting Halls on all the way. They've come a long way this year, they have worked hard, and they have the best group of leaders that we have seen in many years. Yes, they have suffered an unexpected downfall in losing their QB two weeks before game time, but as this team has shown...and TEAM being the keyword, they will ralley behind their other QB's and help them do the best job they can do to get the job done. #14 is going to be badly missed! He is a great kid, an awesome QB and has worked hard and it was his time. However, I have to say that Halls has a whole season of football that has to be played and we have to keep moving forward. The other remaining QB's are very capable in getting the job done and will need to step it up, focus, and play hard like we all know they can do. There are some good key players on this team and I thinkthat the end result is not going to be as bad as some may think. I think it is gonna be one heck of a game!

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett fan here. Guess Zach's accident puts it all in proper prospective. Have come to respect and enjoy our relationship with a hard hitting and all class Halls program. I am very sorry that his season is done but I am most thankful for his prognosis. Best to both teams Friday night, I trust that, like my Indians have , both teams can play hard and with the enjoyment of knowing that the GAME is a gift...

Good Luck ZACH, hang in there Bud!

Kptvol...

Class act comment. We have the same respect for DB and always enjoy the scrimmages with you guys. Good luck in your upcoming season as well.

As for Zack, he is a very lucky guy. He is making great progress from what I hear and we are looking forward to the hopes that he will be back later in the season.

See you guys again next season!