Grainger Grizzlies

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know very much about the team for this season. They lost most of their top players off last years squad. Knowing the staff, the team will be working hard and preparing for the season. Grainger always plays hard and usually competes well with everyone. Finley and Bowser return with some experience in the backfield, and Mills will be solid at MLB. They don't return a lot of starters on the line, but most of the guys coming back did get some experience last season. They have a few new faces coming out this year that will probably see a lot of action. Dylan Morgan and Caleb Cornett will get some touches probably at Wingback or WR. Both can fly. Most of the team is truly blue collar. No big marquis names here just a bunch of hard working guys that are anxious to get a new season started.

• 2 weeks later...

Grainger scrimmages Oneida Friday @ Grainger High School. Not sure on the time, probably around 6:00 like the GP scrimmage. Oneida waxed Grainger last year @ Oneida. I hope the Grizzlies can compete better with them this year. They still have a lot of positions up for grabs. Maybe this is a sign that they will have some depth at several positions this season. No one really stands out for them right now. They play hard and look like a team of Blue Collar Workers. Good luck Grizzlies.

Grainger scrimmaged Oneida on Friday. I believe it was 3-1 Oneida. That is a lot better than last years thrashing Oneida put on the Grizzlies. I think the Grizzlies will be solid this season when they get all the positions worked out. They are still developing the new offense and the coaches are trying to plug in some different people here and there especially on defense. They have been trying to play a lot of guys in the scrimmages to see who they can depend on. I'm sure they will narrow the list down some, but they have several players that are even at many of the positions. They don't look like they have decided on a QB yet. Both of them looked about the same. The RBs look very even and I don't remember many of them with much experience from last year. This truly is a team that nobody has heard about, but I think they can be about like last years squad. They will be competitive in most games. Lets hope they can win the close ones, because I have a feeling they will be in several close games this season. (They could win anywhere from three games to seven if they win the close ones:)

GOOD LUCK GRIZZLIES!

I was at the Jamboree and Greenville is definitely the team to beat. But its no different than having a Seymour in the conference, that consistently finished 1st. Everyone only plays Greenville once, its the other games we have to worry about. SG and CG both looked competitive @ Jamboree. Claiborne and WG were scrappy. Its hard to judge the Grizzlies because they were playing Greenville. I think it could be a logjam battling for the 2,3,4 positions in the District this season.

Grainger goes to Gibbs tomorrow for their yearly battle. It should be a exciting game. Last year Grainger won 14-6 in a close one. Gibbs has several returners and Grainger is counting on a lot of inexperienced players to start the season. This should be a good one, and I predict Grainger will win 13-12.