Grainger Grizzlies

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grainger vs Gibbs game was ugly, embarrassing and upsetting...The game was poorly played by the Grizzlies in just about every facet. Way too many turnovers, offense was unbelievely predictable (looks like we just line up in a new formation to run the ball up the middle again), passing game was poor, defense gave up way too many big plays, and the kicking game is gonna be a sore spot all season...I could go on and on. This was not the Grainger team that we saw in their earlier scrimmages. Gibbs gets a lot of credit for outplaying Grainger all night. Heck, they even entered the field better than the Grizzlies. They executed their flex-bone (wing T style) offense extremely well. # 20 can scoot and is very elusive. They were without a doubt the better team. Yet it was pretty upsetting to see and Ex-Coach put 60 on the board against us. I think he was taking out a little frustration on the Grizzlies. I would have felt bad if we would have put 60 on the board against them, but I don't think Gibbs is feeling any remorse. I guess what comes around goes around and one day the 60 shall hang on the other side of the scoreboard! Grainger will bounce back. They have a lot of inexperienced players that will get better as the year goes on. One thing for sure they will keep working and improving. Good luck Guys, and keep your heads up.

Gibbs called off the dogs in the middle of the 3rd quarter. They rotated in most of their bench the remainder of the game. Also remember that Gibbs had 2 touchdowns called back due to penalties and could have probably scored at the end of the game but took a knee to run time out. They were extremely fired up and ready to play. They don't have a big drop off in talent going to their second and third teams. The only freshman on the field last night was the kicker.

But you do have to admit one thing, that was a really cool entrance the players had coming through the crowd. Too bad both fog machines malfunctioned.

I talked to someone from Gibbs and they said EVERY KID ON THE TEAM played Friday Night, and people are griping about running the score up? I guess they should have went to the community park and got the midget team to play the fourth quarter? I saw the score and assumed they ran it up, but it was 46-14 at half, correct?

Grainger played much better this week, but the scoreboard does not show it. They lost 34-7 to Carter, but they did not turn the ball over like they did last week. Carter just had too much in the backfield with Troutman and Meady. Troutman is a beast and Meady has fantastic speed. Grainger had a couple of drives end inside the 20. If they had capitalized there it would have been much closer. Also, Carter scored a TD with 10 seconds to go instead of taking a knee in a 27-7 game. But, I guess every coach is not the Gentleman Coach I think they should be. Grainger improved a lot from the first game to the second. They still need to improve on Defense especially with their open field tackling. This is to be expected since they have so many players starting for the first time. If they can open up the offense more, they should continue to get better each week if they can stay healthy. I look for them to get into the win column a few times here in the next 3-4 weeks. Good luck Grizzlies, keep improving!

I see Grainger plays West Greene on Thursday. Why is the game not on Friday night? West Greene is 2-0 allbeit against weak opponents and Grainger is 0-2 against two teams probably better than anyone WG has played. What does everyone think about this one? I believe it will start to define the pecking order for 3,4,5. I think Greenville and SG are probably the favorites for 1,2. West Greene will probably be the favorite in this game, but I could see Grainger pulling off a mild upset in this one.

I see Grainger plays West Greene on Thursday. Why is the game not on Friday night? West Greene is 2-0 allbeit against weak opponents and Grainger is 0-2 against two teams probably better than anyone WG has played. What does everyone think about this one? I believe it will start to define the pecking order for 3,4,5. I think Greenville and SG are probably the favorites for 1,2. West Greene will probably be the favorite in this game, but I could see Grainger pulling off a mild upset in this one.

West Greene by 2 touchdowns! :rolleyes:

Yeah...OK...this will be the year that West Greene has any shot of beating Grainger/Rutledge in the last 15 years...so if you're gonna do it you'd better.

C'mon Kev....WG is on the verge of breaking away from their past. They have a great young coach, a new field house, great fan support and some really good athletes. I'd look for the Buffs to continue to grow as long as these stars continue to be aligned. I'm with Drew....WG by at LEAST 2 tds

Yeah...OK...this will be the year that West Greene has any shot of beating Grainger/Rutledge in the last 15 years...so if you're gonna do it you'd better.

C'mon Kev....WG is on the verge of breaking away from their past. They have a great young coach, a new field house, great fan support and some really good athletes. I'd look for the Buffs to continue to grow as long as these stars continue to be aligned. I'm with Drew....WG by at LEAST 2 tds

Barb, you bought into the hype too. Sorry to disappoint you, even though I know you are really a Devil fan. Just as I predicted...The Grizzlies WIN in a close one. I retract my term of "upset" though. One should never use that term when talking about defeating the buffaloes. The Grizzlies have a bunch of inexperienced guys starting and playing this year, but they are improving each and every game. Playing our two earlier games helped get us ready for the conference competition. The running backs from Carter were the best we have played against this year. Even though we did not come away with any Ws, it did make us better by playing better competition. Good luck Grizzlies next week and in two weeks when you get back to the conference schedule with C-D at home.